So Glad I Had It Done!!

Since I was a teenager I had thought about it. I...

since I was a teenager I had thought about it. I went from a 34B to a D and since I am tall it looks quite nice and so natural. Most people don't know and would never guess. I got saline unders and they are SO soft to the touch and feel/look quite natural...I have done it 5-6 years ago and i still look at them and think how much I liek them and how happy I am to have it doen..the best investment EVER!!! We don't think twice about putting money in extra luxuries in a car or a vacation but we feel so hesitant about spending a few K on ourselves... as far as problems, I have a few minimal ones: If I am standing up and feel under my breast I can feel a bit of the implant rippling (I am pretty thin whih is partly why) and sometimes my muscles feel a bit sore, especially when I am on my side which is not great but frankly is worth it!!!! As far as the procedure itself, it was horribly painful!!! You need some strong medecine and a few days off (4th day started to be better for me). It's like having a truck running over your chest (some people compare it to childbirth, it hurts but later you are so happy!)

Since I was a teenager I had thought about it. I...

Since I was a teenager I had thought about it. I went from a 34B to a D and since I am tall it looks quite nice and so natural. Most people don't know and would never guess. I got saline unders and they are SO soft to the touch and feel/look quite natural...I have done it 5-6 years ago and i still look at them and think how much I liek them and how happy I am to have it doen..the best investment EVER!!! We don't think twice about putting money in extra luxuries in a car or a vacation but we feel so hesitant about spending a few K on ourselves...

What kind of profile do your implants have?
I had saline implants done about 1.5 mos ago, my doctor advised against silicone for the simple fact that insurance does not pay to have cat scan's done every 3 yrs and it would be costly. He also said for the cost and feel natural to go with saline so i did. I am still hoping it was a good decision. I was a size 34c all my life but with age all that was shrinking and of course going south. After surgery I am all of 34D, but doctor says some of the size is swelling cuz i was wanting more lift than going larger. I am a little upset that I never had (visually) one side bigger than the other and now I do, the right side is 1/2 size bigger. I am sure when I go for another check-up he'll say that just happens (I am not perfect). As far as pain it wasn't bad at first but now that it has been 1.5 mos and they sometimes ache for no reason or swell for no reason it is getting frustrating. When I flex my muscle's I can feel them jump around and it can be annoying but the doc says that will go away, I hope so. I am glad I did it, i hope i feel that way 6 mos from now!
Hi brenda since I have more knowledge about implants I can tell you this, you probably had 1 breast bigger than the other but rarely noticed since your natural breasts slope, after implantation any imperfection that you have can magnify it, you can see for example, the areola area if they are lopsided they will look worse since the breast is being pushed out by the implant, so dont be alarmed unless your experiencing pain and soreness and they are hard, then that means you are possibly developing CC and should get it checked out. If you trust your Dr then you also shouldnt worry about him sticking wrong size implants on your body like crusell11, hope I helped :)
Really nice job! What type of profile did they use, high or medium profile implants?
It is saline under the muscle, I think it was about 400ccs, I wanted the insicion under the breast. Basically I came in with a photo of what I wanted and got pretty much exactly that! It's been 10 years, I had two kids and they still look great :)
thank you for the reply!! hahah so I guess I will be coming in with a photo of you!
hey just wanted to inquire how many cc's did you have put it? And this is done via the transaxillary incision ? thanks!
what is the name of the doctor who did your surgery??
what is the name of the doctor who did your surgery??
cool job
They look perfect with an up tilted angle and high nipples. So many pictures you see the doc puts them in too high resulting in a top heavy look that points the nipples down. My wife is going in soon and the doc has a 3d imager to show predictions of the after look. He showed where he would place them and I said how about a bit lower. Both me and my wife liked the look of them in lower. Hope he does it that way and they end up looking like yours
They look so pretty!
Hi, I am also interested in what size cc did you get and what projection? I am also 34B and would love to achieve similar look. Thanks a lot xx
What size cc did you get ? :)
I wanted to ask you... W all the craziness on the web, I would rather ask someone on here who is not kinda looney tunes and anti breast implants??? Have you gotten sick at all from the saline? I am just asking cause I have health problems and am getting my breasts done in may and just want someone who has had them in a while to maybe give me some reassurance.
I had saline. I didn't get sick from them... But I switched to gel. There soooooo much better.
nope, haven't had any issues so far or at least not that I am aware of.
Lymiedoll - i originally had silicone then with all the scar changed to textured saline. I have now explanted (& am SOOOO happy with that decision!). I developed a LOT of allergies (mould & yeast being the most extreme), hypoglycaemia, constant fatigue & rheumatoid arthritis. Oh and capsular contraction in both, loss of nipple sensitivity, loss of feeling over a lot of my breast. If you are at a sensitive body type I would really think very carefully about whether this is the right thing for you. I loved them for a few years & then all the problems started. I didn't even realise they were implant related - as i thought saline would be safe. Now after explant I look great - back to my old self almost - but have had some pulling in of the areola incision scar - which is ever so slowly improving. Im 5 months post explant now. I now have a renewed body confidence & love of my natural bosy that I never would have thought possible - as it is just so wonderful to feel real and all me again after having had those hard lumps in my chest for so long (so felt uncomfortable hugging people, they looked silly in swimmers once they began to encapsulate. They did look great for the first few years. I wish I had known then what I know now about the health impact. Eg the shells of saline implants have silicone in them! Textured implants also have platinum & other toxic substances which chip off over time. Mold can develop in the valve of saline implants & cause illness also. See Dr Susan Kolb's vids or book The Naked Truth About Breast Implants. I know MANY MANY women who have become seriously ill from both types of implants. Ultimately of course it is your body & your choice - but please do go in knowing all the facts about the potential health impacts. Theres a yahoo group Saline Implant Support or something like that & also Explant Info website & fb page that will give u a lot of info. There is also an explant section of RealSelf. Good luck - whatever you decide!
Have you ever considered a fat transfer to the breasts after you explanted?  I had fantastic results with my fat grafting.
My best friend had to have her silicone implants taken out for the same reason: she kept getting sicker and sicker, and when she had them explanted, she was fine in a few weeks. Some people develop an autoimmune reaction to them, it's rare, but it happens. I'm sorry it happened to you. :(
That is insanely cheap. Glad it worked out. Look great but would love to see them with arms down
Your right dr Hyman. I paid twice this price for my first set. I didn't have nearly as good results. Arms up, down or crossed symmastia is a hard hide.
It was done in the best hospital in STL from one of their plastic surgeons there, it wasn't a practice (which was about double that) We did get a 20% discount of the professional fee as a curtosy as my husband was a resident there. He asked the plastic surgery residents who they would send their wife to and they all said Dr Lowe (he is no longer at Barnes though) there who they would The surgery was fully done by the attending but they did have programs where the residents did it with the attending and that was even cheaper but not something I was interested in.
They look natural!