Ethnic (Asian) Rhinoplasty Result - Brazil

I had my rhinoplasty done abroad about a month ago...

I had my rhinoplasty done abroad about a month ago. I had a diced cartilage (septal and one ear) injected and also some work done on the tip. It was very discouraging the first few days after my rhinoplasty. I was keep 24 hours at the clinic. I really recommend having some basic language of the country cause it was hard to communicate for me.

I really recommend keeping the splint on for all 7 days. My splint came off the 3rd day and the swelling got worse for my bridge.

+ I also recommend if you are doing it aboard to buy vaseline and nose drop spray cause it is really embarrassing/hard to move around to do it after the rhinoplasty.

+ Also buy a doctor/dentist mouth mask before the surgery because I couldn't buy it where I was staying.
My scarf was very useful during my first few days when I wanted to go outside.

+Research the country and doctor before you leave to have your nose done abroad. Have some maps, directions, and common phrases in the country language.

My tip was huge and my doctor really wanted to elevate and make my tip much smaller, so we had a long talk about my nose turning out natural. I really suggest advocating for what you want when you are talk to your doctor because I have a relative who nose was too elevated and just did not go with her face.

However, I really believe in my doctor experience and ability because it was a high price for having it done abroad. I had a doctor in the state that was pushing for an implant which I have already read about and am glad I didn't just listen and went for diced cartilage. I just a little better not having to worry if it will shift or if it will get infect. Don't get me wrong, I still have a small chance of infection for diced cartilage but it is a more comforting that it is my own body cartilage.

I am able to wear glasses without having to constantly adjust it and people can't tell that I have a rhinoplasty. My relative just say I turn out much better looking than when I was younger. :)

Anyways, I still have a concern on the top part of my bridge (slightly more elevated but am waiting for my swelling to reduce).

I attached pictures below. Do keep in mind that this is only after one month so my nose tip is still swollen and hard.

My rating is based on my experience. However, I have noticed that his receptionist and the clinic doesn't speak English so it was hard to interact and communicate.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

where are the photos?
Wow you are a brave woman to fly across the contintent to get your nose done! I'm having a hard time trying to look for a good surgeon that charges reasonable price right here in the states and you fly to another country without knowing the language? I could never do that! What if something did go wrong, your doctor will not be too accessible to reach! Also, did you take down your photos? I would have liked to have seen your before and after photos!
it looks good and natural. as long as you are happy and do not have any complications, then it was worth it for you. the best!!

Thanks for posting your experience here on RealSelf! Why did you decide to have this done in Brazil?