PO 21 days update

I am 30 year old mother of 2 boys (4 years and 2...

I am 30 year old mother of 2 boys (4 years and 2 years). Both boys were c-section. I am 5'2 and about 120-123lbs. I am a fit person, and an avid runner. My whole life I have lived by the concept that you get what you put in. For example, if you want to go to a great college you need to put in the work---study hard (put in the time), and get good grades. For the most part, my concept has held true in my life....except for the hours I'm putting into the gym. Believe me, I have put in the work---I work out HARD 5-6 days a week (cardio and strength), but my stomach does not match the amount of work I have put in. I want my tummy to match the rest of me! Also, since the first c-section (2008), I have had trouble with my back/posture. I went to physical therapy, and still do the exercises today, but there has not been much improvement for pain or posture. I have scheduled my full tummy tuck for the 24th, and have my pre-op this Friday (the 12th).

1 day away from pre-op appointment and by this...

1 day away from pre-op appointment and by this time in 2 weeks I'll already have had the procedure done! Very excited! Any questions you wish you would have asked at pre-op, or questions you were really glad you did ask about? I'm making my list and checking it twice :)

Well I struggled a lot with the decision of to do...

Well I struggled a lot with the decision of to do the lift and augmentation for the boobs. After my consultation I scheduled boobs and tummy. Then I started getting nervous about the boobs, and called to cancel. In the last few days, I really started thinking I should do them...and after speaking with my doctor/staff at pre-op today I'm all in! I've updated the price accordingly. Pre-op went great, and counting down the days! Very excited.

Can't believe that this week has finally arrived. ...

Can't believe that this week has finally arrived. I've spent a lot of time in the last week(s) preparing. Think I'm just about ready---only a few small things to accomplish before Wednesday. Anyone else getting tummy tuck done this week, or even this Wednesday? If so, please contact me. It would be great to have some support from each other. The medical center called me on Friday, and my blood work and mammogram came back good, so I'm set for 8:00am.

I wanted to provide others with a list of meds and vitamins I am, or will be, taking. Thought it was helpful to see this on other people's profiles.

Vitamins: multi-vitamin (includes A,C,E,Magnesium,Selenium,Zinc, Copper)--took 2 weeks prior, B multivitamin--took 2 weeks prior. I will begin taking the following after surgery, and found them all at whole foods: pycnogenol (powerful antioxidant), arnica motana (speeds resolution of bruising and decreases inflammation), bromelian (potent anti-inflammatory agent). I have also been drinking probiotics to prepare belly.

Meds: Cefadroxil (antibiotic), Nycinta (pain), Celebrex, Valium, compazine and trans derm patch for nausea/vomiting---both prescribed as I've had problems with nausea after each c-section. I would told to put on patch night before, as well as to take the first antibiotic. My cost for meds (not including vitamins) was about $50 after insurance.

Can't believe the time has come! Got my recliner...

Can't believe the time has come! Got my recliner and supplies set up this afternoon! A mix of emotions, but I know I'm as ready as I can be. There's nothing left to say but.... see you on the flat side!

Well, I made it! Got my tummy tuck, breast lift...

Well, I made it! Got my tummy tuck, breast lift and implants. The doctor used 275 cc for each implant---they are sitting very high right now, but I know they will drop. Pain wise the boobs are hurting me more than the belly. It feels like when your milk comes in after having a baby, but times two or three. Haven't had the courage to check out the belly yet, but my hubby saw it, and he said it looked great. I have two drains for the tummy. Also, so excited to say that I didn't need a vertical incision---yippee! I would compare the tummy tuck pain to a c-section---maybe slightly worse.

Feeling a bit more like myself today. Looking...

Feeling a bit more like myself today. Looking forward to feeling more like myself each day. Hubby and boys are being a great help. I think I'm looking pretty good for just 2 days post op. I think the combination of being in good shape, taking vitamins, and getting lots of rest has helped in bouncing back pretty well. Pain is still there, but tolerable. The first two nights I set my alarm to take pain pills, but didn't do this last night. The was a big mistake---woke up very sore, but after meds starting working I'm feeling okay again. Otherwise, I'm focused on eating healthy and the right things to fuel my healing body.

Since my last update, the pain for sure shifted...

Since my last update, the pain for sure shifted from boobs to belly. Actually after the first 48 hours or so, the BL/BA hasn't caused me very little to no pain. The TT is coming along nicely. Went to my appointment yesterday, and 1 drain was removed. I go back tomorrow and will have the other removed---yippee! My doctor does not allow you to shower until 24 hours after the last drain removed, so I'm looking forward to my first shower. My hubby is now a pro at washing my hair in the sink. Speaking of my husband, he returned to work on Monday--wish he could have had a few more days at home (he was a HUGE help). Luckily, I had a friend watch my two boys (4,2) most of the day on Monday and for about 4 hours today. She will watch them for about 4 hour again tomorrow. As of this morning, I'm feeling like I made it over the hump, and I'm very much like myself---minus all my household tasks. I hope this continues, as after Wednesday I'm on my own with the kids. Right now I'm only focused on two things: rest and kids---EVERYTHING else is on the back burner. I will admit this is hard for me, as I am a very type A person, and typically have a very clean and orderly house. I did make a huge check list of activities that I prepared for us pre-surgery. This has helped give us fun activities while we are stuck at home.

17 PO and feeling good...more like me everyday. I...

17 PO and feeling good...more like me everyday. I was cleared for short walks---just can't raise my heart rate. I am able to do daily chores/tasks in small doses...although I left the vacuuming to my hubby. I'm totally off all pain meds---occasionally taking extra strength Tylenol. I'm back to driving. Most of my clothing is starting to fit again. Went shopping for new bras ( ) ( ). Feels good to be getting back to normal, but I can tell by the end of each day that I'm still healing as the swelling gets worse and my posture is hunched. Sure is hard to see the true results, but I'm already happy!

Had my 3 week check this morning. Everything...

Had my 3 week check this morning. Everything healing accordingly. I have been doing short walks the last few days. I can continue this until next week. At that point (1 month out), I can try the elliptical or bike. The only problem I've been having is soreness in my hips/butt area. Swelling is still ongoing, but fitting into my regular clothes. I have weighed myself, and I'm at my pre surgery weight. This makes me happy---since there is still swelling present. Getting back to most household chores also.

Wow you look amazing!!! Skinny mini!! When did your dr say you can run I can't wait till I can I want to complete myself by toning up! What exercises do you do?
you keep looking better and better!!! :)
I have to tell you that you look amazing! You're ps did an incredible job. Your pics made me excited to get my mm done!! So happy for you!
So far I'm happy with results. Swelling is getting better each day---can't wait for it to be gone! When are you scheduled for?
I am scheduled for May 20th. I have just a few more days. I hope that my results are as good as yours!
Thanks for sharing your story!! You look great and I hope my healing goes as well as yours has! I'm a runner as well and that loose belly definitely gets in the way. Every time I run I keep feeling it and thinking how I can't wait to have it gone!! Hope your healing continues to go well!
Thanks for the message. I'm glad my skin is gone! Already better than how it started, and can't wait for a few more weeks to pass. Looking forward to getting back to running---when Dr says it's ok.
your looking skinny and great. for real!!!!
Thanks!
How are you doing now 6 days out? Pain? Any new pics? I hope you are feeling good!
just posted update, will get a new pic tomorrow after last drain removed---yippeee!
you look amazing!!
Thanks, heading back tomorrow for my 1 week check up!
Happy healing!!
You're doing a great job! I'm so happy to hear how you're doing! I'm excite to read your posts. I'm now less than 2 weeks out. Happy healing!
You're getting close to your big day! Feeling ready? I'm heading back to doctor tomorrow for 1 week check up.
I still wake up thinking I am going to cancel. :| I am very nervous about it all!!!
So happy that things are chugging along nicely. You must be so relieved! Your tummy looks flat from the pic. I look forward to reading your posts and seeing the pics:). Go girl!
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your PS's name? I'm still trying to narrow down which docs to consult with. Right now I'm in a "paralysis by analysis" state. Need to just pick a few and schedule consults.
Congrats!!! So happy for you!!
On a scale of 1 to 10, what would you rate your pain with the tt? I remember all to well the pain with being engorged with milk. I couldn't nurse my daughter fast enough. lol I know everyone is different, but I am so afraid that it is going to be bad. I am so happy for you!!
When I had my TT and BL (exactly 2 weeks ago) the breasts didn't hurt at all but the TT the highest I told the nurse on the pain scale was 7 out of 10. You can read my story about it. I don't want to clutter this page up with my drama lol good luck to you!!!!
The BL/BA is now hurting much less. It is the tummy that is more bothersome now. Think because it had been so numb, I couldn't tell at first. With that being said, I would give it a 5-7 on pain scale. The pain meds pretty much do the trick, but they make me sooo sleepy! I am currently trying extra strength tylenol, and will go back to prescription pain for night.
Wanted to say a quick hi!
Hello! I made it to the flat side! Pain is just about how I imagined. Very sore, but tolerable. I've just been staying on top of the meds, and that helps a lot. I am about to make a new post, so you'll have to check it out.