Botox is a Good Eraser but with Side Effect

I frown when I sleep. My frown line is deepest in...

I frown when I sleep. My frown line is deepest in the morning.

I decided to go for a Botox injection thinking it might help.

I had more than what I expected, a droop eye.

I feel really depressed and sad.  I saw one eye fully opened and youthful, and the other helpless drooping.

I love to see positive result but unfortunate it is not 100% guarantee.

Dropping is really injector and patient specific and can last from 2 weeks to 10 weeks but would generally get better as time progress. The eyedrops are optional. That being said, remember medicine is an art. They may be anatomical differneces in some individuals that may make them more predisposed to negative effects and though the injector technique may be in question, even the best injectors will occasionally give a droopy eye. Its a temporary negative side effect, not the end of the world and should not deter from future cosmetic preventative measures.
The statement from C Clarke-RPA-c: "Its a temporary negative side effect, not the end of the world and should not deter from future cosmetic preventative measures." This certainly does not reflect my feelings and horrific experience dealing with a deformed eyelid....My vision is blurred and I cannot read or look at things correctly. Your blanket statement "not the end of the world" should be stated to all my family and friends that know what I have been going through....and have cried the tears with me....I have canceled a long overdue vacation as I will not have to be forced to wear dark glasses wherever I go day or night and of course all the great pictures that go along with it. How about we trade eyelids for several months so you can relate a little bit better?
I totally agree. I know that from a doctor's viewpoint that they are going to state the best case scenario on how minimal the side effect is. ANYONE who has had to deal with this knows how devastating it is. I saved up money for a long time to have this procedure done. I did it to make myself feel better, and I feel like a freak now. I would rather have the small wrinkles that I had before and be able to see, then to have this screwed up eye. I work in sales, and MUST look people in the eye when speaking to them. Of course they stare at my ^EYE^ and I feel like hiding! Ugh! I know it won't last forever....but that doesn't help me today.
please doctor reassure me that after 12 years of loving botox my new doctor who put 20 in between eyebrows and a drop at crows feet, which has left my right eye half closed will come back to normal. i see no improvement after two full weeks and am really scared.i am 46. besides the drops which are doing nothing for me what can i do i look scary.
Mine took 9 weeks to look normal. It is still only 85% and it's been five months. I had this happen before and it lasted only 12 days. Never again! It is an injector issue. Do NOT let them say otherwise. I called allergan myself and they agreed. Good luck. And I know how upsetting and embarrassing it is to have a droopy eyelid
I recently had Botox on forehead, between the brows,crows feet,bunny line and above the right brow for symmetry. Way too much Botox! I now have a horrible droopy eyelid that is extremely upsetting and uncomfortable.I wear sunglasses day and night when I am out. I am presently on Brimonidine 0.2% for prevention of Glaucoma which I thought would take care of my eyelid. Not working....Is it safe to add another eye drop? I am reading mixed responses from 2 weeks to 3 months for my eyelid to return to normal?! Please help! Wake me up from this nightmare...
okay...It took 2 weeks and 2 days and my eye is just about back to normal, BUT....I got the botox 4 weeks ago and the line between my brow is 50 back too. I can't win. Hang in there. Sounds like you got a little more than I did, so perhaps 3 to 4 weeks will do the trick for you. Also, my eyedrop dose was 2 drops every 4 to 6 hours. I got the drops from the botox dr., but went for a second opinion to the eye dr. He said that was kind of a lot (2 drops every 4 to 6 hrs.) , but would be okay. Actually, as the days passed on, I didnt need the drops as often. They were lasting longer and longer and my eye was staying open for the most part. Good luck and hang in there.
P.S. I am on 0.5% strength
That's great news! 2 weeks for me would be wonderful!! The doctor gave me 50 units which was way too much for what I needed...I know now it was only about the dollars... I wake up every morning and run to the mirror hoping and praying! Even my 2 (dogs) best friends can see something wrong with their mommy's eyes...they have been overly affectionate and they are sooooo intuitive! I have canceled meeting friends and family as to not alarm them! It is a horrific way to live... I am really trying to stay positive and work out everyday. Take care, Helen
I had botox between the eyes and was loving it. You would think that after 10 days you would be home free! On the 10th day, my left eye began to droop. I am 5 days into the droop and am going to the dr. tomorrow to have her look at it. Maybe I can get the drops. Hopefully it won't close anymore. It's been the same for 5 days and I hope I am on my way to improvement. Some say the dr. may give a tad more to lift things, but I am totally against it. I want the drops and to just wait it out. It is terrible. I was so excited about my results, and then this !
It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Restylane cannot replace botox for its effects. Droopy eyes are caused by poor technique and not generally strength of product. For your future injections I would recommend administering botox a little higher than customary on your forehead to avoid the drooping.
Yes, it is possible. Remember botox lasts 3-4 "MONTHS" only. How old are you?
I am a petite Chinese, Botox seems to last longer with me. The droopy eye too. It did not recover within 4 months. I think the Doc must has given a heavy dosage. I wonder the dosage require does vary with physical size? After checking with a couple of speacialists,they had admitted they do come across this problem. They are not able to give 100% assurance for Botox injection, it is not risk free. I had it twice and I had suffered twice (different eye each time). Now I am really afraid of it. Shall I switch to Restylane?
If someone claims to be an MD, shouldnt they back it up with proof reading before hitting SEND? Seriously. If it lasted only 3-4 weeks - those of us who use it regularly would be BROKE by now
I am 34. Did you mean 3-4 weeks or months? I am about 90% better. I have taken daily photos. Thank you fir the advice
Thank you for responding. Is 8 weeks normal to still be saggy eyed. it was closed for two. It is getting better but very slowly!
PROBLEM: 1-Transient botox-induced eyelid ptosis (eye droop). 2- Botox not lasting long enough. SOLUTION: 1- Drooping can occur, don't despair, it'll be resolved in no time. This happens more often in inexperienced hands. Present this unwanted effect to your medical provider (MD, PA or NP)and obtain a credit toward another botox treatment after 3 1/2 to 4 months (important) of the initial injection or obtain a refund and treat elsewhere. 2- If the concentration of the botox injected is too low, then the effects will not either last or the amount of N-M junctions affected by the botox will not be efficiently covered and the wrinkles will appear sooner. Also be sure that the botox used was reconstituted (mixed) no than more than a total of 1 week. My concentration is 2:1, using less volume thus A- producing less trauma to the surrounding tissue B- decreasing the possibility of migration affecting other muscles and c- applying a higher concentration to any specific area for maximum control. I also don't treat by units, I treat by area corrected - less confusion for my patients. Iodipine can be used to correct the eye droop, though I have never had to used it I have heard good results can occur.
The no. 1 reason for an eye droop is inexperience or poor technique, no excuses (however no one is perfect and mistakes happen). If the product (botox cosmetic) is injected to close to the upper orbital rim / eyebrow then the possibility of a droop is increased substantially. I have never had a droop in the 5 years I have been practicing cosmetic medicine not because I am so good but because I stay far away from the danger zones, to the extent that I will inform the patient that I will be leaving a few lines above the eyebrow. SOLUTION: Present your drooping eye to the medical provider who injected you and obtain a credit for a subsequent procedure if you are sure he/ she has good enough experience / credentials (mistakes can happen)if you are uncomfortable with allowing him/ her to inject then visit another medical provider(MD, PA or NP) and inform them of the previous outcome. The reason I am stressing to continue your treatments is that since you had a wonderful result on the other side there is no reason for you not to have it on both sides. Good news; a droop only last but a few weeks, Good luck.
I wish I had only a droop! My eyelid closed for 2 weeks. It has been 7 weeks and still drooped. My left eye is wide open and my right is 1/2 way closed.My wrinkles are back and my eye is still not open!. I had 12 units injected between my brows! I look and feel awful!
How do you know a droop only last but a few weeks?? Reading all these eyelid problems people are stating different time frames which are all over the map....I would think it would depend on how many units and placement as you know. I have an eyelid droop as well... Are you sure one of the danger zones is above the eyebrow? Is this the only area that can cause the droop? Thanks
Yes, I think there are a lot of factors, how much, where, who did it..etc. Also, it may depend on the individual. I have seen all of the different posts and they all seem to have different time frames. I got the injection in between my eyebrows and at the very beginning of each eyebrow. I didnt get any above my eyebrows and none where my eyebrows end (crowsfeet area). Also, none in my farhead. The result was a droopy left eyelid, so the danger zone for injections may be different for each individual. My dr. said it would last about 2 weeks, but from what I read, I didnt believe her. Turns out it was 2 weeks and two days. Way sooner than I expected. It also may depend on the amount she gave me and I am not sure how much it was. She said she used only a little. Good luck. Write back if you think of any other questions. Believe me, I know what you are going thru.
You are right nothing is a 100% guarantee. In experienced hands this is a very uncommon side effect. Ask your physician for Iodipine, this will help in the majority of cases. Do watch out for redness with this drug, however, as some people develop an allergy to it.