Tummy Tuck Procedure: Creepy - Boston

Is anyone grossed out by this whole procedure??? I...

Is anyone grossed out by this whole procedure??? I cannot stomach sutures period and the whole tightness and not being able to stand up straight, AND the numbness is freaking me out!!! Also, why is the scar black? Is it the sutures, the marker they used to figure out where to cut? Will they stay this color?

I am definitely happier with the way my stomach looks now compared to before (just had the surgery on October 15th) but really can't wait to be back to normal, it's giving me the heebie jeebies.

I actually went to Mass General in boston under a Chief resident surgeon, and he did a great job. Was very caring and even though he is leaving MG, he is planning on seeing me on my December 6th visit with the new chief resident assigned there.

Hey I hope you are doing ok. I like the price you paid. Can you give me more information. I was hoping to get a tummy tuck around feburary.

Keep us posted!

I will! thanks!
Funny how I just got this post. I just left my PS office and he peeled off my steri-strip. The scar is no longer black. He gave kelo-cote to apply daily. So the blackness is a combo of steri-strip and scabbing. I hope this makes you feel alittle better. :)
when my doctor peeled off my strips, OMG, felt like my skin was coming with it. It was only a week and 3 days when he took them off. Ok, I do feel better, a few people have said it may be scabs and marker and that was what I thought, but, figured the marker would have washed off by now.

Is the blackness of the incision site dried blood, do you think? Have you asked your plastic surgeon about this?

Find us on Facebook at RealSelf and Moms Who Want Their Bodies Back.
I did notice in the middle of my scar is a scab so yes, it probably is all dried blook. I think it's part scab and maybe a little bit of the marker they drew on me with?
It will get better. I am 26 days post op and feel much better. I am standing pretty straight and my energy is back.. The worst is over. Remeber that this is just a moment that will pass and you will have a beautiful tummy in the end
I cannot wait for this day. My skin feels so tight that I feel like something is going to split (gag).......... My daughter keeps telling me the same thing, that the worst is over. Very true. I have to say my energy level has been ok, it's the whole standing straight up thing that's driving me nuts! When I do try to stand up straight, it feels like it's burning. yuck, yuck, yuck. I guess I'm a big baby! :)

You are not a big baby...this hurts!  I can remember going into my PS office at two weeks post op and crying my eyes out.  I kept asking him what and why I did this.  Some people heal and do better than others so please don't compare yourself to anyone else.  Our bodies are all different and react to pain and swelling in different ways.  Hang tight!!
I also said to myself "What the hell did I do" when I saw everything and was grossed out by my belly button and having no feeling anywhere! I am surprised at how many woman have had this done. Lot's of support here which is great. Hang tight? Are you trying to be funny? I can't take anymore tightness! LOL!!! :)

LOL..sorry I guess that was a bad choice of words.  Geez...yes definitely no more tightness.  One can only handle being in the 10 point restraints for so long..

You just made me laugh...heebie jeebies..LOL

Yes the entire process is something else.   Swelling, oozing, scabs, tug and pull, more swelling...and it can all be a bit much to take in some days.  It does get better and you will be glad in the end.  Just focus on that nice flat and tight tummy and all will be good.
Good morning Kimmers! I actually had posted this question before i started chatting with you. But yeah, still feels creepy to me. :)