The Day After - Boston, MA

Had my surgery yesterday and can't believe how...

Had my surgery yesterday and can't believe how easily i'm getting around today. I had a full TT and lipo of the hips and flanks. With slight anxiety (have only had wisdom teeth extracted) arrived at the surgical center at 9 am. Was so comforted by the nurses and met with the anesthesiologist, then my PS came in and marked me and totally assured me i was going to breeze through this.

Before i knew it i was sitting in the recliner in the recovery room chatting and laughing with the nurses. I arrived home pretty much hit the couch, ate some soup and was getting up without assistance. I slept really well and feel minor, i mean minor discomfort. I'm taking Vicodin every six hours and Advil in between.

I know everyone responds to anesthesia, medications etc. all differently. I forgot to mention my surgeon takes extra time in surgery with the stitching method and uses no drains, this has got to have an affect on the recovery process.

I feel so lucky to have found this surgical team after having three other consults.

I must say, some reviews and also listening to other people had me really nervous about doing this surgery because of the terrible discomfort. I am thrilled with this so far. Hopefully day 2 and 3 will be as easy. I will update!

So refreshing to hear!!!! Congrats
Congrats, I hope I can feel like u when I do mine lol
Hi janet! Glad your surgery went well hun! Whew! I am having a TT, some lipo and a bbl, LOL.. now that sounds like a lot! I am still trying to figure out what my sleeping position will be.. .I won't be able to lie on my tummy nor my butt. ANy advice? Glad that you are doing great! Keep us posted and be sure to add pics!

Slight more pain last night. Also starting to...

Slight more pain last night. Also starting to notice the swelling, it seems to be mostly where the lipo was. I make sure to get up and move around every couple hours. Still though, not as bad as I thought it would be (so far!) Going to shower today and soooo glad i'm not having to deal with drains!

So happy everything is going so well!!!!!!
Day three and feeling good. I can get up much easier and can even sleep on my left side. Love being snowed in, 28 inches out there, don't have to help with shoveling!! Almost feel as though i could go without the vicodin, but why chance it. Scar looks great though, really low. The swelling from the lipo seems better. Maybe the arnica and bromelian does work!
looking forward to your after pics!

Hi, it's been 4 days since the surgery. just...

hi, it's been 4 days since the surgery. just took my second shower and getting around really well! i'm even able to sleep on my left side. i have a question - should i be putting anything on the scar after showering? i go for po appt on tues and don't have this silicone sheets yet. does anyone know if anything is ok to apply at this point? thanks!

I just had full TT. and revision on my face ,I experienced same as you ! Where are all these people saying it's sooooo excoriating painful , I took a couple pain pills the same day and the next and I don't feel any pain ,I have a tight garment on ,had the drain out on the 6th day and I'm doing great , I read so many painful storries , like passing out and can't stand up ! I'm 58 and expected the worse , but it's not as bad as I've read ! ,
Dont think you can use the silicone until the scar has healed over, I still have tape over mine replace every 2-3 days and I will be 3 week post op tomorrow, glad your recovery is going well, but take things slowly, well done xx
Congrats!! Hope mine goes as well as yours! Mine is in April.
Quincy Plastic Surgeon

I just happened to come across Dr. Samaha going through different reviews. I originally thought i'd be better off going into a Boston Hospital. Soooo glad I didn't. Boston Plastic Surgery in Quincy, Ma, the surgical suite is right there! It was so easy and convenient.