The Day After - Boston, MA

Had my surgery yesterday and can't believe how...

Had my surgery yesterday and can't believe how easily i'm getting around today. I had a full TT and lipo of the hips and flanks. With slight anxiety (have only had wisdom teeth extracted) arrived at the surgical center at 9 am. Was so comforted by the nurses and met with the anesthesiologist, then my PS came in and marked me and totally assured me i was going to breeze through this.

Before i knew it i was sitting in the recliner in the recovery room chatting and laughing with the nurses. I arrived home pretty much hit the couch, ate some soup and was getting up without assistance. I slept really well and feel minor, i mean minor discomfort. I'm taking Vicodin every six hours and Advil in between.

I know everyone responds to anesthesia, medications etc. all differently. I forgot to mention my surgeon takes extra time in surgery with the stitching method and uses no drains, this has got to have an affect on the recovery process.

I feel so lucky to have found this surgical team after having three other consults.

I must say, some reviews and also listening to other people had me really nervous about doing this surgery because of the terrible discomfort. I am thrilled with this so far. Hopefully day 2 and 3 will be as easy. I will update!

Slight more pain last night. Also starting to...

Slight more pain last night. Also starting to notice the swelling, it seems to be mostly where the lipo was. I make sure to get up and move around every couple hours. Still though, not as bad as I thought it would be (so far!) Going to shower today and soooo glad i'm not having to deal with drains!

Hi, it's been 4 days since the surgery. just...

hi, it's been 4 days since the surgery. just took my second shower and getting around really well! i'm even able to sleep on my left side. i have a question - should i be putting anything on the scar after showering? i go for po appt on tues and don't have this silicone sheets yet. does anyone know if anything is ok to apply at this point? thanks!
Quincy Plastic Surgeon

I just happened to come across Dr. Samaha going through different reviews. I originally thought i'd be better off going into a Boston Hospital. Soooo glad I didn't. Boston Plastic Surgery in Quincy, Ma, the surgical suite is right there! It was so easy and convenient.