FTT W/Pain Pump :) - Boston, MA

I just found out today that my surgery is...

I just found out today that my surgery is scheduled for 2/21/12! Woot woot My 41st Birthday is Friday, Happy Birthday to me! I have three children: 13, 11 & 9. I actually don't outwardly appear to "need" a tummy tuck. I am 5' 11" 148 lbs in decent shape. My three pregnancies have still left me with unsightly extra saggy skin and stretch marks. I literally need to keep tucking my extra skin into my jeans throughout the day. I would also really love to wear a bikini again:)

When I decided to schedule my consultation I was bound and determined to be at my goal weight so we could move forward with scheduling. I actually ended up below my goal weight so I've started strength training. I have a bit of work to do on my thighs and rear so I've kicked into high gear since I won't be able to for a while! PS recommended a FTT to remove as many stretch marks as possible.

PS said flank Lipo unnecessary, MR will be determined at time of surgery. PS does typically perform tummy tucks at his private certified surgical suite with two exceptions. I happen to be one of them! He will perform the procedure at Newton-Wellesley hospital due to a family history of Malignant Hyperthermia which is genetic and can lead to serious complications with general anesthesia. I will meet with an anesthesiologist to discuss my options on 2/14/12. This did affect my final bottom line price. The $9750 for the procedure included the additional costs of having the procedure in the hospital.

Naturally I think highly of this PS since I've scheduled to have a tummy tuck with him. I also can't say enough good things about his staff, especially Pam who worked her magic to get me on the OR schedule for February vacation week in less than three weeks! I would also love to thank another Real Self Reviewer for returning my private message and giving me the referral:) All of her feedback was spot on! Oh yeah...my husband is awesome for supporting me in my decision and taking care of me...:)

I will be so happy! I just had my pre-test at the hospital on Tuesday and it looks like there weren't any issues so full speed ahead at this point. I am feeling so guilty though, I have come such a long way that my clothes already look great on and I probably won't look much different after BUT I still look horrible in a bikini b/c the extra skin....feel so shallow for being motivated by a bikini!!!
Hey acey - we need to take our motivation from wherever we can get it!! ;-)
Acey, if you're shallow than so am I!! I did it for a belly button =)

Day 4 post op and feeling good! Resting resting...

Day 4 post op and feeling good! Resting resting resting..eating good and staying positive...not being a hero and taking meds with no side effects...drinking tons...showered yesterday ..will post PO pictures later with more details...love my DALE binder...LOVE my pain pump..love my scar...have one obvious stretch mark But I'll do what I can to minimize the appearance of it over time...swollen! But I can see past it:) Very pleased..My kids have been unbelievable! 13,11,9 love helping me in/out chair and wait on me hand and foot...hubby AWESOME..holding down the fort and is doing great:)

How did you like the pain pump? I'll be having one as well so rasher to hear what you thought.
I thought the pain pump was really helpful. Mine lasted 5 days and I had a little fanny pack to keep it in but I wore it more like a purse. It was more helpful for the abdominals and I definitely felt my abs more when I took it out. I would highly recommend it:)K
You look great! Glad to hear your happy, positive, and healing great! Here's to looking awesome in our bikinis! My hubby keeps saying I can't believe you have your 20 year old belly back!

Two weeks post op yesterday and just hit the...

Two weeks post op yesterday and just hit the bathing suit sale at Target...had so much fun trying on suits. Still cannot stand up straight...happy but now REALLY want a BA!!!!

You look great!!
You look fantasticly flat!!! Dr d is the man! Lol
Thanks girls! I think I'm bringing back the pink one..hubby thinks it looks like bra and panties....I could never have dreamed that bathing suit shopping could be fun again!!! :)K

Two Years Post Op

Still the best decision I've ever made! still feel GREAT in a bikini:) In need of a Botox touch up though lol! I also am posting my fastest 5K times ever, started running 10Ks and have my first 1/2 Marathon in March:) My tight abdominals help tremendously!!! Just turned 43 & feeling great:)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Davidson is very talented and professional, I can't say enough good things about him and his staff, I feel that he didn't skimp with anything and made sure my goals were met and my aftercare was made as comfortable as possible. My scar is super low, shorter than I expected and I'll be back in his office to refresh my face too...maybe a BA next year...we will see:)