So Far, So Good!!! - Boston, MA

I am a 48 year old mother of two who is a...

I am a 48 year old mother of two who is a self-acclaimed "instant gratification" nut. What I have learned is that there is NOTHING instant about Plastic Surgery and you should RUN from anyone who tells you there is!

Since my boys were born in 1988 & 1990, I have had a Breast Augmentation and Lift, Followed by 2 Mastopexy procedures due to gravity :(, a Rhinoplasty, Liposuction of my baby pouch @ 15 years ago, fillers, botox, Upper blepheroplasty and chemical peels.

Most recently I had Suction Assisted Liposuction of my Abdomen and Flanks at the same time as a Breast Reduction while leaving in my already small implants. This was performed by the physician who originally put the implants in as I had yet to find a suitable Smart Lipo Specialist.

Then I found Dr. Sean Doherty! Dr. Doherty performed SmartLipo of my Upper Arms, Hips and Inner Thighs just this week with what I can tell will already be an awesome result!

Dr. Doherty has a private practice as well as performing Liposuction at Sonobello. I chose Sonobello ONLY because he was available earlier there than in his private practice for this procedure and again, I wanted it as soon as I found him (therein lies the Instant Gratification need:).

While I am still sore and swollen, I can already see great results and am thrilled I chose to go this route.
Unfortunately, my abdomen done with the Suction Assisted Lipo is not quite as quick to please - but.. again, nothing is an instantaneous fix.

The procedure was absolutely painless (Thank you Ativan & Percocet) and I'm feeling pretty positive so far!
Boston Plastic Surgeon

Love him! As a Nurse in the field of Cosmetic Surgery, you often run across Surgeons with egos larger than their butts ~ Dr. D is NOT one of them. He is pleasant, witty and a perfectionist. As mentioned, he has both a Private Practice for almost all Cosmetic Procedures and also performs Smart Lipo at Sonobello. I could not recommend him more. Sonobello was great as well. I've heard good and bad about the facilities around the Country and I must say that the Woburn, MA office ROCKS!! Jamie, the Assistant Office Manager bent over backwards to make my experience all I expected it to be. The Nurses were awesome both pre, during and post-op. Very well done all around!!

Congrats? How are your arms? I had mine done in June 18. Do you have any before and after pics? Thank You.
I haven't taken any "after" pics yet as I'm only a week out & still super swollen. I will next week though & post along with thighs & hips!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much,i appreciate it. :)
Hello and welcome to the community!  Thanks for reviewing your doctor :).  I hope that you'll give us a few pictures so that we have an idea of your starting place and the doctor's aesthetic.  I'm also wondering whether your previous lipo experience from 15 years ago still looks as good 15 years later.  We don't have any after photos after that kind of time :).  I'm assuming it was maintained because you didn't get lipo in the same place again, but it'd be great to hear!

Thanks again :)
The lipo from 15 years ago was purely for my baby pouch & never returned ;) I'm concerned I'm running out of places for the fat to go & will soon wake up with a neck like a body builder!!
LOL!!!!  I was totally thinking about that the other day!  Because I'm considering getting SL on two little love-handles I got after my tummy tuck.  But I'm wondering if people tend to gain more visceral fat after lipo, as so much other fat has been removed.  And whether a person has to eat even fewer calories than they did before the lipo, since they now have less body mass to maintain.  So many questions!!!!