Researching Doctors for Tummy Tuck - Boston, MA

Hi all! I've been considering a tummy tuck...

Hi all!

I've been considering a tummy tuck for years, since I've had my daughter. Now that she is 20 y.o. I figured its time. You see, I was a teen mom, had her at 17. Now that my children are older, I figured its time to be selfish. I've always been the provider, and will always keep my family first. This time, I'm learning to start doing me for a change. I'm single, been divorced for a few years now, and honestly, need to get my groove back. I'm not comfortable with my nakedness. And I believe this insecurity is hindering me. By no means do I think I'm unattractive, just want my body to match my face. Lol! I'm sure a lot of you ladies can relate to what I'm talking about! I'm 37 yrs old and oftentimes ppl mistaken me for early twenties. And when I'm with my kids, they think I'm their oldest sibling. These are all ego boosts, but underneath the clothes, I feel like I have the body of an older woman. That is what I want to change. Weight has always been a constant struggle, especially with a thyroid condition, which makes it worse. I've dropped 30lbs within a year thru Jenny Craig, but now, that has left me with sagging skin, and no elasticity.

My areas that I would like to tackle are my upper arms, inner thighs, abdomen, and maybe even my butt. So far, I've reached out to 4 doctors, 2 from Mexico, 1 from DR, and 1 from Boston, MA. So far I'm in the works of getting quotes from Dra. Robles -DR, and Dra. Cardenas -MX.
My concerns for going out of the country is more or less how I'm going to manage recovering. Not sure how long I need to request off from work, and whether I can request medical leave thru FMLA. I would appreciate any support or encouragement from all of you, and hope I can do the same. My goal would be to hopefully make a decision within 6 months.

Thank you all in advance!

Ok ladies! Received my quote from Dra. Robles,...

Ok ladies! Received my quote from Dra. Robles, she's offering $5200 for just TT, lipo, and bbl. I plan to still search, although I do like Dra. Cardenas, hers is a bit more pricey because her amount did not include my stay at the RH. Dra. Robles does. So the search continues! Please feel free to give me info on doctors you've used. Thanks loves!

Hmmm... How do I request blood work without giving...

Hmmm... How do I request blood work without giving too much info to my PCP? DR. Robles needs me to get CBC labs tested before moving forward.... Really hoping I can manage a July surgery date.. Goal is to have it done before the winter begins. Lol. My bday is in Dec!

So my fabulous RS ladies, I'm waiting for my quote...

So my fabulous RS ladies, I'm waiting for my quote from Yily... Although, I'm still leaning towards Dra. Robles... I'll keep you posted!

I received my quote from Yily, and I must say its...

I received my quote from Yily, and I must say its a bit more expensive than Dr. Robles. I think she's my best bet. Yily doesn't offer thebRH in her price. Here is her quote: The price for Tummy tuck, breast, BBL, thigh lift and liposuction of abdomen, armpit, back, flanks, waist is 6600$USD.

This looks like a mommy makeover, which isn't bad, but I don't want to overdo it. I will be ok with getting what Dr. Robles recommended for $5200.

In the process of searching for a PS.

Look up teaching hospital, don't go out of the country
I've finally chosen Dr. Robles to have TT, muscle repair, lipo and BBL. I'm nervous going out of the country, but I've read some great things about her and love her work. I've seen on here. Best of luck!!
Hi I see your from boston I live in methuen and i have chosen Dr Robles too. Im planning to go in march. How about you?
Haven't officially picked a date, but I am hoping for July...I would love to know how it goes, since you're from around the way. I actually live a town near you, in Lawrence. It would be great to hear about your experience. :-)
Oh yes was raised in lawrence. I'd be funny if i knew you. Lol
Doc Yily can do all these Tummy tuck, breast, BBL, thigh lift and liposuction of abdomen, armpit, back, flanks, waist in one surgery???? that sounds like a bit much to be doing but the PRICE IS GOOD...do you have a pic?
Hey ladies just scheduled my date for April so nervous I have to go do the lab work here as well hope my dr will do it without a problem..
let me know if you get an answer about how to get blood work from your doc!
@jusslim i jst went to my dr told him i needed to have labs drawn cbc and why he did it for me this saves u money too also wht saved me money is only buying pain pills for while i was there i already made a appt with my primary care dr a week after i got back n got pain meds covered by my insurance
W.T.E (shortened your profile name) lol.. So you was upfront with your doctor? I was going to do the same, and see what she says. I don't want to hear any negative comments, tho. Did they help you with your drains too?
w.t.e I just got a promotion (probation officer) so I'm telling my doc I need a complete physical w/blood work :-)
Mimi well i got you but thts wht i told him up ft but i also told him up front tht i was gonna do it he was like loose more weight health health health as should b he is a dr and i waa like dr ima do this told him all my research and he was like ok..i came home 3days aftwr surgery ma and i got my drains removed ther in tj but to be honest i went into urgent care and they removed stitches from belley button...
Jusslim congrats on your promotion yay...and very very smart to do..
I went to my doc for my yearly physical and she asked me if I need a CBC (before I could even mention it to her...lol)...so I told her yeah but I need it in July (lol)....so she put it in and told me to call a day before I want the test done....YAY!!!!
Mimii was upfront and the tool out stirches Too
I FEEL that other Countries have BOARD CERTIFIED SURGEONS like the US...the US is OVER PRICED on just about EVERYTHING! my BFF is hispanic and her mom n dad has a dentist in TJ...they went there today...so if I decide on Mexico I will converse with my BFF mom about the Travel... Keep me update on your Research!
@jusslim you are rt they do...and here in Us we are taxed on everything in mexico they are not taxes same way we are so they dont charge the same..many different reason why it is cheaper...Just gotta be smart and do research
EXACTLY @waiting to exhale...BOARD CERTIFIED and REAL WOMEN reviews (on here)...RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH
@jusslim yup yup...its all abt the research..
Everyone is telling me don't do it what if u end up having complications honestly I want to go for it I have 5kids already all the extra skin is just bothering me :( but they keep putting fear in me anyone do through this

Welcome to the community.

Thank you! This is a great source, so happy I stumbled upon here!
Ok, so update from the PS - Dra. Cardenas gave me a quote for $5900 for a TT, lipo, and FG. I liked that she gave me her honest opinions and recommended that I just work on my arms. Because if the fat bothers me, having a scar would replace that complex. True words. Now I'm waiting for Dra. Robles assistant to give me a quote. I have 6 months so now I'm just doing my homework. Nothing is final. And trust me, I work in healthcare, I am fully aware of the risks involved with having surgery period, whether it be in the USA or in another country. Thanks for all the positive feedback ladies. Love the show of support, and concern. Thanks. :)
That's fair the dr in Columbia is charginga me $2500 but I'm just so afraid to go over there I also want my upper arms he's charging $500 more for that but thanks keep me posted :)
@marleys thts a very hood price