Endoscopic Brow Lift - Beyond Thrilled With Results! - Boston, MA

Although I'm only 35 and didn't have saggy brows...

Although I'm only 35 and didn't have saggy brows quite yet, I felt as though an endoscopic brow lift might be useful in opening up my face and giving me a more refreshed appearance overall. (Plus, who doesn't want the look of beautifully arched brows?!) I returned to Dr. Spiegel after he successfully performed a lip lift on me in 2010, and explained to him that I wanted something conservative and natural - nothing too pulled or tight looking. This is where Dr. Spiegel excels - he listens, observes and is genuinely passionate about his line of work. He assured me the the lift would be exactly what I wanted, so I booked the surgery and headed to Boston Medical Center a week later. Like any normal person undergoing appearance-altering surgery, I was certainly nervous and apprehensive. Dr. Spiegel visited me in my room before I was wheeled into the OR, and took the time to review the procedure and once again reiterate that I wasn't going to look too pulled or stretched. The procedure took approximately one hour and truth be told, the pain upon waking up wasn't bad at all. There was a tightness (similar feeling to your hair being in too tight of a ponytail), but otherwise, nothing too awful. I had bruising for about a week and a half after, and now that has subsided as well. I am now almost 3 weeks post op, and feel like a million bucks. Dr. Spiegel promised me I would look beautiful, refreshed and more alert, and he certainly delivered. My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner! Thank you again to Dr. Spiegel, Andrew and Katie - you sure know how to make a girl feel gorgeous!

Before & After Photos

Before & After Photos

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

What a fabulous difference. I have seen brow lifts that look like nothing was changed at all. Yes it should look like it is possible in nature, but when it would take computer imaging to notice the difference, what is the point? Great job! You look great!
Hi Dorenelle: Wow - thank you so much for your kind words, they're very much appreciated!
Hello, can you send pictures of your scars please? Im interested do it. Thank you, you look amazing! :)
impossible to see, cover your eyes with dots of paper n take pic...
I feel as though the pictures I have posted provide an accurate representation of my surgical results.
Did they do Botox between your eyes?
Hi Pamela - No, I've actually never had Botox (Just some fillers in my lips years ago.) Pre surgery, when my face was at rest there were no wrinkles, but when I would talk and my face was animated, I noticed forehead wrinkles would appear. However, this surgery has corrected all that. My forehead is completely smooth at rest and when I'm talking, therefore no need for Botox!
I still see lines across the forehead when relaxed and deeper when animated. He claims he cut the muscle between my eyes, however there are still lines there and I can still squint.
Have you experienced ANY bad side effects, since you said you have not experience hair loss? Is your hairline raised a lot? Does your hairline look any different? Do you have a noticeable scar? Thanks!
Honestly - I haven't experienced a single bad side effect. Definitely no hair loss, no change in my hair line and no noticeable scarring. The incisions were made about an inch back from my hair line and my hair completely covers them. I have long hair and no matter how I wear it - up or down- you can't notice a thing. Not one person has asked if I had surgery or made a comment about me looking stretched or pulled. A good friend that I see all the time (who I had not mentioned the surgery to) told me I look refreshed and asked if I recently had a facial because my skin looked good! She is the type of person who scrutinizes everyone and everything, so if she didn't notice anything off, then I don't think anyone will! I'm 4 weeks post surgery and feel completely fine. No swelling, bruising or tightness at all.
Update! Hi Bobinhood - I was actually discussing my surgery with a friend at dinner the other night, and when I held up my before picture to my face now, she actually said my hairline appears lower now because my eyebrows sit higher up on my face. So if anything, the procedure helped in that sense.
Thank you so much! I'm very happy for you!
Terrible itching on the whole top of my head, and lately from the ears down on both cheeks. Going to a Neurologist on the 12th of this month. Oh, yes, he nicked the cartilage on my right ear, and I can just now put my finger on the part of my ear next to my cheek. VERY painful for nearly 3 months now.
Oh, yes the scar is on my forehead not up in my hairline. I have hair loss around the incision, which goes form over my left ear, across the forehead (visible) and over to the other top of my other ear. About 12" scar. He says it will "blend in" in a few months. My cousin's surgeon, Dr. Ordin of the Doctors tv show, says they haven't done this method in years.
Pamela - I'm truly sorry your experience was so horrific. Although the results of the endoscopic brow lift aren't as long lasting, it sounds like it's a much safer and far less invasive procedure. Thank you for sharing your experience so others can proceed with caution. I hope your road to recovery begins soon.
Thank you. I hope this will help people question their plastic surgeon why would this be done.
Thank you very much!
Oooh, awesome results! Thanks so much for sharing. Did you notice any hair loss on your scalp where the incisions were made?
Thank you so much! No - I definitely haven't noticed any sort of hair loss at all. Everything looks exactly the same!
yes, my hairline now starts above the incision, and looks rediculous