2/25/13 - My Princess Transformation Begins - Boston, MA

I am about to under go my belt lipectomy in about...

I am about to under go my belt lipectomy in about 24 hours and am so nervous and scared. I know it's the right thing to do for me but it doesn't help with the fear or unknown. I was always the girl that would be described as the young lady with such a pretty face and hair, if she could only lose weight. I was done with being alone and not dating and telling myself if they could only get past the fat it would work. i would find true love.

Well I was finally tired of hearing that and I started my weight loss journey in 2006 with my first gastric lap band surgery. I unfortunately had to have revision and band replacement surgery in 2008. Overall I lost over 180 pounds and over 125% of my excess body weight. This was the best decision I have ever made. I am so happy and healthy and live a life I love! I have gained confidence, self worth and appreciation I never knew existed. Still have a long way to go but I am on my way.

I have maintained my weight for a year now and decided it was time to take that leap and begin the final steps to my story. I am ready to begin the next chapter/book of my life. I have been working with my plastic surgeon for 3 years for this day to come. I have so much extra skin now it feels as if I am wearing a fat suit. It hurts to exercise which has become such a major part of my life now. I started running and I take yoga, Pilates, and core fusion classes.

I will also have a breast lift and augmentation, arm lift, and thigh lift once I am recovered from tomorrow. At the completion of all this I should be a size 4!!!! How great it is to say that. Bikini here I come...

I am so nervous for tomorrow that I am a wreck today. I am just trying to keep busy and my mind occupied. I am clueless as to the pain I will have after. The surgery itself is scary as well but I know I am in good hands.

How many of you have been through this? How was the surgery? The pain? I would love to hear your stories.

I can't wait to report back after surgery tomorrow to let you know how I am doing.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us.

I hope your surgery went well and that you're recovering nicely. Please do let us know how you are, whenever you're able to!

Hope all went well and you are not in too much pain. I plan to have most of the same surgeries you mentioned hopefully this year.

Well it is the start of post op day 5 and overall...

Well it is the start of post op day 5 and overall I am doing well. The one thing I am experiencing that I don't know if normal is that my whole stomach area feels numb and has been feeling extremely tighter each day.

I am however enjoying the results so far and see a difference and am so happy with it.

I can't wait to have the other procedures and be done. I go back on Tuesday for my post op appointment with my doctor and can start planning the next round.

I will post some pictures shortly and keep everyone posted as to recovery.
Congratulations. I'm glad things went well. I think we all a experience some numbness, it can last quite a while, but it gets better. I am looking forward to your pictures. Take care & remember lots of rest & protein! Blessings

I am 2 weeks post op and doing well. The doctor...

I am 2 weeks post op and doing well. The doctor removed over 8 pounds of excess skin and fat during the procedure. I still have my drains in, but I am used to them now.

I am so happy so far. Even with the swelling I can see the start of my flat stomach area, and its GREAT!
Massachusetts Plastic Surgeon

He was recommended by my weight loss doctor.