Disastrous Misdiagnosis - Boston, MA

Misdiagnosis of my ptosis. Dr pushed me into...

Misdiagnosis of my ptosis. Dr pushed me into surgery I did not need or want.  He has totally trashed my eyes because he mistook ptosis for excess skin.  He did no pre-operative testing and now I have excessively dry eyes which give me incessant pain and I look a complete wreck. I can't blink or close my eyes and feel suicidal from what he did to me.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

I also had reactions to the drops (I had dry eyes up to 3.5 months). I switched my contact lens solution from house brand to Systane replenish. I tried several drops for contacts as well as those not for contacts. It took trial and error (and some $$) to find what actually worked for me! I am now at 5 months post op and most of my dry eye issues are gone. My eyes only bother me now when it is very windy. Hang in there - time really does heal.
Good luck to you!! It sounds like you found a good, sympathetic doctor to work with. Stay positive!
Yesterday I saw an oculoplastic surgeon who was very sympathetic. A big problem is I have irritation from the drops, even those which are preservative free. My eyes are also so sensitive to light I cannot bear being in daylight and now almost only go out at night except in shades which also irritate me. A new worry is that I am finding it increasingly hard to focus and see things blurry and feel disorientated. The doctor is going to research possible ways of alleviating my problems.
Tamara my heart goes out to you! I am over 4 months post upper/lower bleph and still have some minor issues. After reading through the blogs I see how lucky I am that I do not have any major issues! My step mother and aunt were considering the same operation and I talked them out of it!! Simply too risky!! The surgeons tell you 3 week recovery and only minor risks - bullspit! Sounds like assymetry, dry eyes, and chemosis are the NORM! I am praying for your recovery.
I might be able to get a graft. However, it's not without risk. My eyesight has also been adversely affected. I have a lot of pain. Altogether it is very hard for me to get through the day. I'm really young and had really pretty eyes before.
I am so sorry that happened to you. Have you gone to another doctor to see what can be done? Try to hang there!!

That is such a shame that the doctor made you feel you should do something you didn't want to do. Hopefully another doctor can help!

Good luck!!