Do Your Research and Be Careful - Boston, MA

I had cheek implants put in two years ago at age...

I had cheek implants put in two years ago at age 25 because I was unhappy with (what I saw) as weak support under my eyes.

To make a long story short, I regreted doing it and ended up having them removed a year later. I chose a good surgeon for the implant and removal whith was expensive but worth it. I ended up coming out ok after removal without sagging. The skill of the surgeon and my age of 26 at the time probaly helped.

My advice to any one considering this surgery is - Try Fillers First!! I found out the hard way that even the slightest implant drastically changes your face and in my case it was not an effect I liked. Looking back I was good looking before surgery and see it as one of the stupidest decisions I ever made. I wasted lots of time recovering, ect when I could have been living life.

Hi Steve, thanks for sharing your story. I am a little unclear, though, as to whether Dr. yarmechuk was the doctor who put the implants in, or was he the doctor that removed them. Please advise, as I have been searching out facial doctors in the Boston area.
I have cheek implant 4 month ago , and my face sagging now! I am not happy with it at all, especially I can't smile like before. my smile like a chipmunk now! dear steve, after you remove your cheek implant can you smile like before? Thank you!
so it was all about the difference of the looks and your maladjustment? how did it feel like?after the surgery,except for the swelling part..
Boston Plastic Surgeon