52 Yr Old, Mother of 2, 180 Lbs, 5-5 - Boca Raton, FL

So today is post op day 8 and as I reflect back...

So today is post op day 8 and as I reflect back now I am in a state of mind to know I am on the perfect road to recovery
I wanted to thank all of you who so diligently posted every turn, I wanted to post more but I told myself once a week should be sufficient. There are so many incredible reviews.
Here are some bullet points of my journey thus far:

Dr Z did an incredible job--2 days before my scheduled surgery date scheduling called me to give me the time I was suppose to report but stated my original doctor had a pulmonary embolism and would nit be able to do my surgery until Monday-
Now ladies you know what planning and emotional roller coaster this process takes on you - so with this news I'm like is this a sign Lord- am I not suppose to do this-
Let me just take my $ back and go to a fat farm for 6 weeks, this is so disappointing.
So I explain to scheduler in my Mommie voice that Monday would be unacceptable, and I feel really bad for Dr B but who else is available for Friday the 18th because thats the only day I will accept, I will look out for your call and I hung up.
Mind you I've already taken the time off from work, I'm literally in my car driving my youngest son an hour and 1/2 away to drop him to his dad's for Spring Break- got all of my supplies and Im ready -what do you mean can I wait til Monday - urgghhh
Well scheduling doesn't call me back until late Thursday BUT I knew they would call,
They changed me to Dr Z's schedule which ironically was my initial choice but because he 's booked years in advance i dod not want to wait- so I am up dancing like I just win the lottery :-)

16 days post op

Sunday morning reflections:
Im still not standing completely up right but my bandages have all been removed which is scary at times. I can feel the hanging stitches and they are often caught on my bra- Is it too early to apply the silicone strips? I don't go back to my doctor for 4 weeks; at my last appointment on Thursday he stated I was healing extremely well ....I'm very pleased with what I think the results in 6 months will look like but im still swollen. Im only wearing my spanx when away from home but pull them off the first chance I get- do you guys think Im compromising the best results by not wearing the spanx more? Im sleeping in my bed full time on my sides with lots of pillows, i am looking Really good in clothes, so far i can fit into anything but Ive always bought loose fitting shirts with A line skirts. Ive lost 10 pounds and I've been cleared to start walking again. I will post some pics later but wanted to share my results so far for those looking for progress at 16 days

Dr Z has made this experience so worthwhile