Reconstruction Becomes a Stepping Stone to Getting my Old Self Back! - Boca Raton, FL

I never thought I would ever be talking to a...

I never thought I would ever be talking to a plastic surgeon…. But I also never figured I would be getting a bilateral mastectomy.

I sometime struggled to get through the steps. But I did get through, and at 57, I actually ended up with better shaped breasts then I started with!

Now my goal was to get my overall body back in shape. I slowly started back….. lifting my weights, spinning, and running. Parts of me did respond to my efforts, but it seemed that the middle of my body had slowly become thicker, and no matter how much I exercised and how careful I was about diet, I could not seem to lose weight or reduce my waist size. I suspect that menopause did not help the situation either.

I already had confidence in Dr. Farber’s ability and decided to move forward with liposuction. As Dr. Farber evaluated me for the procedure, he thought that I may have a hernia. A scan proved him right. I was sure this would derail my already scheduled surgery, but again Dr. Farber coordinated with the general surgeon, and I was able to have both procedures done during the same surgery schedule. Just like the first time, I was saved from having to go through two separate surgeries and rounds of anesthesia.

It has now been two weeks since my surgery. I can see my waistline coming back, and I no longer have that thickness above my waist & below my breasts. I am slowly starting to feel like my old self again!

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Farber was recommended to me by my breast surgeon. I was so grateful to have Dr. Farber work in conjunction with my breast surgeon. My situation allowed for my reconstruction to begin during the same surgery as the mastectomies. This was the beginning of a long reconstruction process, and Dr. Farber and his staff were very patient and caring. During a follow-up with Dr. Farber, a year after my final reconstruction surgery, I mentioned how hopeless I felt, and he began to explain to me what my options might be. He was very kind and considerate of my feelings, not pushing me, yet very honest about what results I could attain and what recovery would be like. Thanks to Dr. Farber’s positive caring manner, and willingness to go the extra mile for his patients, I do not hesitate to recommend his services to anyone in need.

Well it always feels good to pook on the mirror and be happy with the person looking back at you. Thank you for sharing