My Browlift Story - Boca Raton, FL

My research in to Browlift/hairline shortening...

My research in to Browlift/hairline shortening began when I learned that my migraines responded Botox treatment. I consulted with many well known, highly reputable surgeons in Boca, Delray and Fort Lauderdale. I chose Dr. Cabrera, because when I met him, I instantly knew he actually read my medical history which is critical when having any type of surgery. His explanations of the surgery was superior to all. Dr. Cabrera has a skilled and gentle hand. I am now 5 days post op, and my experience to date is exactly how it was projected to be. Aside from the extreme itchiness I have at the incision site, I am extremely pleased. Some staples come out tomorrow...

Thanks so much for offering your opinion on your doctor.

With more detail about your experience - such as tips for getting good results, pros/cons, before & after photos - our team can add your story to the Brow Lift community.

Before and 7 days after

Washing and cleaning insiscion

Saw the Doctor for my second post op. Crystal, one of Dr. Cabrera's amazing staff members removed about a 1/4 (maybe less) of the staples. Dr. Cabrera had a quick look and said that I am progressing nicely. They told me that it is crucial to wash the hair every day until my next appointment (Wednesday/Tomorrow). Its very strange washing the hairline and I honestly do not like that part very much. I have decreased feeling in the hairline area (very normal), along with some sensitivity and extreme itchiness.
Feel free to ask me any questions....

Hairline browlift experience day 12

My results are greater than I could have ever imagined at day 12 Post Op. My incision is barely visible, and my forehead does not scream out as the first thing noticed on my face. I am in LOVE with the height of my brow, hope the unevenness is just swelling.... either way, I am pleased...I do not have a constant look of PAIN, anger, annoyance, aggravation, exhaustion, or PAIN (note, I CAPITALIZED AND WROTE THE WORD TWICE) that I walked around with since childhood. The constant pain in my eye/forehead region that consumed me, for most of my life is 90% better. I am appalled that this procedure is considered ONLY COSMETIC, and not at all seen as medically necessary. Just my thoughts and feeling.
Wow your brows look so amazing! I'm looking to get a brow lift and am curious if yours was an endoscopic ? I have nerve damage and brow ptsosis from laser and am only 31. How old are you? And how's it looking now?
Thank you. It was an open hairline. They beveled the incision, so that the hair grows back through the hair line. I am 40, and needed it when I was 20. I would do it again in a second.
Why don't I see this in the Brow Lift community?

Still worth it...

I see the hair growing back.

Healing process...

Is not a picnic. I have had some stretching on my right side and I can't wait until it can be corrected or minimized. My left side (always the right side of the picture) is amazing. Have not had any pain or pressure since I had surgery. I can't say the same about The right side. The right side (left in picture) pressure and continual spasms with a heavy pain in upper eyelid. Maybe I have extra strong muscles that pulled the scar apart? Who knows. I think the staples came out too early. They came out earlier than the left side.

Staying positive and trusting your surgeon

Still have swelling, which will probably stick around for a while. It seems that the pinched nerve in my shoulder/neck from my c5,6, and 7 stenosis is wrecking havoc on the right side of my head. (Scalp, face) I am just hoping that it did not permanently alter my surgeons beautiful work.
I realized that it is extremely important to allow yourself as much time as needed to heal. Some people heal quicker than others.

Here's my latest...

Last Thursday I had the scar fixed on the right side. There are four clean incisions with approx. 18 stitches. Although I feel it has helped the right side, I still have a very mushy loose fat pad that I wish could feel firm and tight like the left side.
Hi, was it done under local or general? How are you now, has it gotten any better? You look beautiful
no offense but I like how you looked before.
I absolutely agree that I prefer her 'before' look, but I have to admit that the seemingly unnecessary eye censoring, oddly not applied int the final/most clearly visible pic, makes assessing it more difficult.

before and after

Would you be able to detail a bit more about how brow lifts treat migraines? I was aware of the possibilities of botox being helpful but the possibility for a brow lift to help is new to me. Glad you are recovering ok!
My doctor did not promise to remove my migraines. I read about Dr. Bahman Guyuron who was the first to study a group of migraine patients that he performed brow lifts on. There is a lot of controversy on the topic. I CAN tell you, that my left side is migraine free. Unfortunately, I am still suffering on the right side. Not nearly as bad as it was before surgery.
This is so interesting, thank you for sharing! I have chronic migraines, 4 days a week. I can't work & it consumes my life. I am going to start Botox treatment since I've had bad results with meds. Please, I would love any info or links to articles about the surgery as migraine treatment. I was considering anyway for cosmetic reasons but any positive impact on my health could really seal the deal!
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Cabrera and his entire staff are honest, warm, caring and literally on call 24/7.