I Have Finally Graduated to Big-girl Bras! - Boca Raton, FL

Well, here I am, exactly one week post-surgery! I...

Well, here I am, exactly one week post-surgery! I feel like I’ve been in training my entire life and have finally graduated to a big-girl bra! I feel great and have felt great straight out of the gate. There is a lot of pressure and soreness in the incisions, of course, but that has been entirely manageable. I did take my meds according to the doctor’s instructions, and that helped a great deal. In fact, during the day I would only take ½ a pill and then take a full pill at night. I am off the prescription meds and only taking Tylenol as needed. I have resumed moderate exercise and can only wonder why I waited so long to have this done. I guess it was just the right time in my life – all the stars and moons were lined up perfectly and it all just kinda fell into place.

Here’s some background – I am 59 years old 5’4” tall and weigh 114 lbs. and in excellent physical shape. I started and then stopped developing almost simultaneously, it seems, so I was always a 32 or 34A (barely). Only during breastfeeding my two daughters did I have some sort of fullness but that disappeared all too quickly once the babies were weaned. I have always felt that I wanted augmentation to add fullness just so that my clothes would fit a little better and for me to feel more attractive.

Earlier this spring, I mentioned to my sister that I had scheduled an appointment for a consult with a local plastic surgeon in Connecticut where I live. She said “oh, you should come to Florida – it’s only $3,000.” I happened to be scheduled to go to Florida right around that time, so she gave me the name and number of a facility where she had some work done previously. I scheduled an appointment to coincide with my time in Florida, and that was it, I made up my mind to schedule the surgery two months later. Ironically enough, my sister, who had basically the same issues as myself, sat in on my consultation, and also decided to have the same procedure done! She scheduled hers for two weeks later so she would be pretty much recovered by the time I came back at the end of August for my surgery. So she was awesome in helping me and keeping me informed as to what I could expect every step of the way.

I feel the same – only my clothes fit a whole lot better! I don’t at all feel like it’s really hugely obvious that I have had breast augmentation and I guess that means it was a job well done. I have gone from a 34A to probably a 34C when all will be said and done. I’m still waiting, of course, for the swelling to recede and the implants to fall and settle into position, but so far, so good! Oh, for the technical minded, I had Mentor 350cc moderate profile silicone implants inserted.

Strax Rejuvenation

I chose this provider based upon a recommendation by my sister, who has used this provider in the past. She seemed to be more than satisfied with the results of her procedures.

actually, it was $3000 for saline and $4000 for silicone. i went with silicone because it was explained to me it resulted in a more natural look and feel. still a good deal. i love my new look and check each morning to make sure they are still there!! haha
Who is the Dr. that you decided to go with?
dr. Zeichner performed my surgery.
It was only $3000??! That's awesome! Is the $4000 from adding travel cost?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. How wonderful to have your sister to help  you and tell you what to expect.