23 Year Old Female. Lap Band Revision to Vertical Sleeve - Bloomfield Hills, MI

This journey has been a lot more successful than I...

This journey has been a lot more successful than I had hoped for, and the results came a lot quicker than I expected. I have never been happier! Best thing I have ever done for myself!
I first had the lap band in March 2012, and had so many complications. I did some research and found a great doctor to do my band to sleeve revision. The results have been nothing short of amazing. I never thought I would feel this good! The hospital stay was only for one night and I went home the following day. The pain was pretty minimal. I was back to work in 10 days. If you are considering wls, I highly recommend the VSG.

I've Reached My Goal!!! :D

Finally at goal weight!!

Through my journey :D

Flipagram of Weight Loss

Bloomfield Hills Bariatric Surgeon

Dr. Pleatman is a great doctor. At my consultation prior to surgery, he answered all of my questions and gave me all the information I was looking for. He was very honest and informative about what to expect which is hard to find with a dr. All of my post op appointments have been great as well.

Just wanted to let you know your story is the one that made me choose Dr. Pleatman. Thank you :) you can read mine if u get a chance. Also, did u exercise while losing the weight? Before in the beginning and now. Because you lost a lot of weight fast!
And if u don't mind what was your starting and ending weight??
I'm the same age looking to lose the same amount of weight. I can't find much info on younger people and wls..I'm trying to find out anything about loose skin
I think it kind if depends on the person. I had over 100lbs to loose and it's been just over a year since my surgery and I have been at or below my goal weight since March 2nd and my skin has pretty much shrunk all the way back. Just a little toning to do now. But I'm super anal about lotioning. It's the first thing I do after I shower and the last thing I do to end my day. I use regular lotion everywhere and then the palmers cocoa butter for stretch marks everywhere that I have them. Those have also gotten smaller and they are white now instead of pink. Bio oil is good to. Anything super moisturizing and rich is good. The more hydrated you keep your skin, the better the elasticity and that means it will shrink back more. Hope this helps :)
You have no idea!!! Thanks so much. You do look great! I have my very first appointment July 8th, I'm a little nervous to say the least.
I had the surgery with the same surgeon. I don't have any excess skin. Depends on how fat you are and for how long. That's what my surgeon said
Wow you look amazing! You're so tiny! There are two pictures where you're in the same dress and they're only two months apart, that was awesome to see. I'm so happy you got such great results and didn't have any complications this go around. I'm due to be sleeved in a couple of days and I can only hope I do as well as you. Best wishes.
i loved watching your transformation on the flipa gram ! you look absolutely gorgeous my friend! proud of you!!! :)
I loved that too :)
omggggggggggggg i loooooveee ur pics and ur progressss wow! u look absolutely amazing perfect!!! love it!!!! ur pics and story motivate meeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait for it what do you eat on a regular basis now.? what do you do for exercise? how do you feel?? omg beautiful! wooo wooop CONGRATS! KEEP THE PICS COMING! LOL
Thank you! I feel amazing! I usually eat a lite breakfast like an egg or carnation instant breakfast. Lunch is usually these really good vegan frozen meals that I'll eat throughout my work day. P.s. I'm not vegan but they are high protein and low fat and sodium. Dinner is usually chicken, fish or pork and veggies. And sometimes a salad with portobello. Always protein first. If I need a snack I really like cliff bars. They are a more natural/less processed protein bar. And low fat string cheese :) oh, and I don't really drink dairy milk anymore. I switched to light almond milk. I haven't done a lot of exercise but I just started doing strength training to rebuild some of the muscle I've lost.
Thanks for writing me ! those sound good :) wow awesome! :)))
awesome! im 28 and diabetic, im in the process of getting the sleeve done, im super excited im just starting my journey to the new me! wow how much did u weight b4 ur procedure and how much did u lose in what amout of time? and whats ur current weight?
My highest weight was 236, starting weight was 223, current weight is 125 :) my total lost is 111 in a little over 9 months. I actually just hit my final goal weight last week. 1 was a size 16/18 before and now I'm a 3!
congrats! You look awesome!!!
omg love it!!!! :)))) thats what I currently wear! 16-18
You didn't look anything like 236, a size three! Woot woot. I'm really excited for you, 111 pounds is something else.
Hi there, welcome!

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's a huge achiveement! How have you found changing your eating habits? Do you stick to three meals per day still, or do you eater, smaller portions, more frequently?
Thank you!! My eating habits are completely different than they were before. Your kind of forced to change them. I don't snack at all, but I do eat smaller meals more frequently, and try my hardest to get in all the protein, which isn't always easy.
No, it's not! I have trouble getting all of the protein in, especially since I don't tolerate protein powder right now. I do try and have one protein bar per day, you just have to watch how many carbs are in them.

Thanks fr the info, you look awesome, you're definitely doing something right! :)
Well done I hope it didn't cost quite that much I had lap band in 2004 and will have revision in 2 parts Feb for removal and VSG in May Take care fiftiesgirl
Actually the total cost is $11,200 for self-pay. Revisions cost $2000 more. I do conversions from band to sleeve in one stage unless the band has eroded into the stomach. It's true that there is one study reporting slightly less complications if the conversion is done in 2 stages, but I don't think it's worth having to submit patients to 2 operations which will cost way more money, not to mention the extra time to recover from the 2 procedures.