Fat Transfer to the Breast - Birmingham, UK

Fat transfer has played an important part of my...

Fat transfer has played an important part of my treatment after having bilateral diep reconstruction, it as diminishd folds and made major improvement.

l have had 3 revisions and relied on fat transfer to improve breast and totally satisfied with the procedure.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

information that Mr Staiano gives is so precise he is very understanding. he will discuss what he can acheive and explain possible side effects that can be corrected over a period of time which gives you reasurance. and he as been excellent to me.

I had Macrolane done years ago. Slight really slight difference it made. Lots of pain and it only did last around 8 months. Complete waste of money ...
I do not advise a fat transfer for breast augmentation. My result is undesirable. My breasts are lumpy and clumpy which make breast cancer detection a challenge. Just had a mammogram which led to the radiologist performing my ultrasound. I go again in 7 months for more of the same. An $11,000 disaster. Wish I'd opted for a lift.
having fat transfer has been amazing, we have not yet finished my revisions l am aware that there is no guarantee of symmetry, l am very pleased with results so far, anything was better than a mastectomy,
l now have a cleverage and more fuller breasts and love the results so far.
do you have any pictures? I am going for breast implant removal without replacement and I am afraid of the after results. will consider new options to fill my breast with fat. do you still love your results?

Thanks so much for writing a review of your experience, anon7741. How much of a difference does fat transfer make in cup sizes?

hi sharon,
l was a 38D before my reconstruction, l was advised by one surgeon to aim for a 36B, l am very lucky that Mr Staiano has given me 38D even though my radiation side it a little smaller, but have been reassured that we will eventually get there with more fat transfer,
my breasts feel more firm with no droop also feel natural

Wow, I didn't realise there would be that much of a jump! I saw a show about Macrolane breast enhancement a few years ago (not the same as fat transfer, but also non-invasive) and it wasn't even a cup size difference. It's great you were able to get the results you were hoping for.

hi sharon,
thank you for your reply,l have a little more revision but yes l am very pleased.
As for Macrolane there as been quite alot of different opinions about this surgery.
l am quite surprised that on this site fat transfer is only 40% voted.
l have spoken to quite a number of people who are as happy with there results from fat transfer, in cosmetic and breast cancer reconstructions.

I've heard mixed reviews for Macrolane too. I don't hear much about it anymore so I guess it never really caught on?

I think the fat transfer rating has a lot to do with where it's injected. Under the eyes, for example, it can turn into lumps if it's not put in perfectly. A lot of people have problems here. My non-medical head says there might be a little less nuance to injecting breasts... the skin in thicker, there's more volume, etc.

This is why people who decide to have any plastic surgery should choose a plastic surgeon who is fully qualified.