Hoping for the Best...- Birmingham, AL

I am 4 weeks post-op tt with lipo. I'm still...

I am 4 weeks post-op tt with lipo. I'm still having lots of swelling and not seeing much result yet. A small portion of my incision reopened after 2 weeks and I just had that repaired last week. There was no infection (thank god) but now my tummy seems to be starting the healing process all over again. :( I am 5'8", 137-140 lbs and typically wear a size 6-8 depending on the brand or style. After surger, I couldn't fit into ANY of my cloths (top or bottom). I'm still struggling to fit into some of my larger size 10-12 pants with my garment.....I have come across many articles regaurding this subject, all of which have a different end result... I have been through several breast surgeries and each time my incision heals beautifully, so I just assumed my tt would do the same. I do realize that everyone heals differently, but would love to know if anyone has experienced the same...
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my ps! He has been great through all of this and only gives me words of encouragement.... I have been to consultation with several other "well known" surgeons in my area and even made the mistake of using one of them. After meeting with and using Dr. Cohn I will NEVER use any other ps again! He continuously goes out of his way to make sure I am happy and comfortable with my results. Dr. Cohn treats each person as an individual, not a cookie cutter image. He listens to each individual goal and then goes above and beyond to help achieve perfection! The office staff offers a very warm and welcome experience and his surgical team is AMAZING! Not only are they great as a business, but they are each great (and actually very normal ) people. They truly care about each of their patients and made me feel like part of the family!

Stay calm and patient here.  This recovery takes a long while but the swelling will go down with time.  The one thing you can't do is rush recovery.  Your body will heal in it's own sweet time.  Maintain a healthy diet, low stress and get plenty of rest.  Your body needs this now more than anything.

This is a very long recovery. What you're experiencing is pretty normal. I'm over 4 months post op and am still in the same size jeans, but they fit differently, better. I still have swelling, but you get used to it and learn to work around it. It is all worth it. Your lymphatic system has to re-route and that takes time. I still have a bit of sensitivity where I had my muscle repair, but it's very tolerable. The lipo, from what I've read, (I only had a little), takes awhile to get over, the soreness likes to hang on. But though it may take a long time to recover fully from this surgery, it is so worth it! I would do it all over again right now. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Hang in there! The swelling does go down, even though it hangs around. It does get better.