Breast Reduction and Tummy Tuck - Birmingham, AL

Like many of you, at the young age of 14 I was...

Like many of you, at the young age of 14 I was wearing a 36D only to continue to become larger as I had children and age set in. I wanted a Breast Reduction for as long as I can remember but never had the "guts" to do it. After having 2 children, one of which was 10 lbs delivered naturally, my tummy became stretched and ugly. I have always been self conscious about my body but now even more so. After consulting 7 plastic surgeons in my local area, I finally met Dr.Beckenstein who made me feel comfortable and at ease about the whole process. I wanted to make sure I was a good candidate for both procedures as I only wanted one recovery time. After a year of deciding, this July I finally did it! I am so excited and happy I choose Dr.Beckenstein!!! He has treated me with great care and concern and how not overlooked one small detail. I could not be more happy with him and his staff, who the the way are AMAZING!!!

I'm glad you are happy with your decision! What would you say was the hardest part of your recovery and how did you cope?

Thank you angiemcc! It has been a bumpy road not as far as recovery but on week post op I had a blood clot go to my lung. That was very painful and scary. I will say my surgeon was wonderful about getting the best doctors to come in and he visited everyday i was in the hospital. I was no prepared for the slow recovery. I am 4 weeks and 1 day post op and I still get tired but everyday is getting better. Thanks so much!!
How long did recovery take from the clot? I was diagnosed with one 8 days post op (which was 4 days ago now). Quite annoying and scary.

Day before Surgery

4weeks Post Op

Day before surgery Tummy

11 weeks and swelling finally going down.

I had TT and breast reduction July 23rd. Finally feeling like I'm starting to see results! Thanks for all of your support and helpful hints. It's good to know we all experience the same things.

11 weeks

A few more pictures
You look terrific!!!! I'm 10 weeks tomorrow! Unreal how fast it went by.....
It's hard to believe we are at the 3 month mark
Yay for the flat side and you look fabulous yourself!!
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Dr.Beckenstein is by far the BEST in Birmingham! His attention to detail before, during, and after the surgery has been excellent. Not only is his staff very informative and knowledgable but they are also compassionate to everyone's needs. I want to express my gratitude for Dr.Beckenstein and his team! You are simply amazing!