Results Were Worth It! - Birmingham, AL

I was 56, and had decided years ago to have a...

I was 56, and had decided years ago to have a facelift when I need it. I had some slight jowls, and my face had "fallen" although not dramatically. Still, when I looked in the mirror I felt I didn't know that "older woman" looking back at me. I wanted to get it done because I still feel years and years younger, and wanted to look more like I feel. I wanted to get rid of that aging woman in my mirror. I also had my upper and lower eyelids done at the same time. I had quite of bit of swelling in the first several days after the procedure. But by week two I was out of the house and able to go out to eat with my family. I simply worse some cover make-up over the still healing bruises. By six weeks most of the swelling was gone, and the remainder of the swelling was so slight it was neglible. I have no regrets and would do it again.
Just curious what actual procedures were done, did you have stitches all around the ears? I am 57 and considering some work however do not know how much I want to have done. For sure upper and lower blephs.

Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf! We'd love to see your before and after photos so we can visualize your transformation.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Cohn was one of several plastic surgeons from whom I sought a consultation. In contrast to other Dr. Cohn was obviously very passionate about his chosen profession. He spent as much time with me as I needed, and answered all of my questions. I am an RN, and thoroughly research before choosing any healthcare provider. It was a great experience to sit with a plastic surgeon who really listened to my concerns, and took whatever time needed to provide me with all of the information I needed to make my decision. Dr. Cohn was available to me preoperatively, and post-operatively when needed. The line of communication was excellent, both with Dr. Cohn and his staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Cohn. My only complaint is actually also a positive point about him, and that is the wait time to see him. During initial consultation appointment I waited over 45 minutes past my appointment time to see him. However, when I did see him I was not rushed at all, and he took all of the time needed to do my consultation. I quickly realized that my initial consultation was late because he was giving another patient the time that patient needed. So, the wait time didn't bother me at all. Again, I highly recommend Dr. Cohn.