Breast Reduction - Age 42 - Birmingham, AL

I am 5ft, 150 lbs and experience constant neck and...

I am 5ft, 150 lbs and experience constant neck and back pain and headaches. I play competitive tennis and am active in general. I have 2 teen-aged boys and as they have gotten a little older I finally realized I needed to do this for myself. I am 2 days post-op. I have more discomfort than actual pain. My breasts look flat and nipples discolored-dark red but I was told this is normal -- more to come

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

My rating may be because I really needed my hand held along this process. I think I should have verbalized that to him more than I did. All in all the process and working with the surgeon and his staff was terrific. I was very organized and methodical about my decision. They seem to appreciate that I came into this with prepared questions and took personal responsibility for my decision and the process. You can never be too informed. There are no stupid questions so make sure you communicate effectively with your surgeon and his staff. If you don't get 'the warm fuzzies' dealing with them, then find another surgeon.

Welcome to RealSelf LK! We sound pretty close to the same size...though I'm certainly not athletic :-) so your 150 is probably a lot firmer than mine :-) I'm also 5 foot and am 40 years old. I had my breast reduction 5 months ago. I started at a 34H and am currently about 34DD.
What was your starting size? How are you feeling? Did you notice a difference already?
Good luck with your healing. Get plenty of rest and let those boys take care of you. I have 3 boys at home and while they didn't want to even think about what I had done they were great!
Keep us posted!