Happy! Wish I Had Gotten Them 30 Years Ago - Birmingham, AL

I am 50 years old and I got my breast implants in...

I am 50 years old and I got my breast implants in May. I wish I had gotten them 30 years ago. I could not be happier with the results. My breast look better now than they did when I was 25. I did get silicone 375cc. I went from an A to a full C. My only regret is that I did not go bigger. They were so swollen after the surgery, after the swelling went down I was a little disappointed. The best decision I made was in choosing my doctor. I did drive 7 hours but it was worth it. I have friends who had their surgery locally have uneven results. Mine are beautiful.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Not only does my doctor get a 5 star rating, his entire staff does too. Starting with Heather who set my appointment, answering all my question to Carol and especially Penny, nurses who went beyond the call of duty . I emailed Dr. Hedden on a Saturday evening , he responded back in 20 mins. Dr. Hedden is the only cosmetic surgeon I can recommend

I know what you mean they are not as big as I expected after the swelling went down. I guess I am a " C" but that is better than barely b with padded bra. Have tokeep massaging so they fall in place doc said. it can take a while. i guess I have to do it and be patient
Vit E oil, ok :) thank you !!!! c
I used vit e oil on them great for skin
I got vey bad keloids below both breast. The colour is a little darker than my complexion but that is clearing up slowly. I do not use any creams.
Maria, lucky :)! My skin is tight and looks like if i was 70 since i had the implants . Might i ask you what is wrong with the scars? I also have them under my breasts, but they are simply a little reddish .. C
My scars are under the breast where was cut. I will be seeing the doctor in November this year, he is going to correct this. I am not really sure how. Other than those scaring the skin remained perfect.
hey GIRLS :) , i am a little younger than you , but had many troubles with my skin since the surgery (now six months out). Could you tell me if your skin pulled, was a bit wrinkly and if any problems at all?? I was thinking all along that it might have been because i had BA when too old already :(((.
What creams did you use? Thank you :) Cri
I am 69 and scars are under breast as implant of 800cc saline were done under muscle.
My scars at 5 weeks look like scratches not tot bad as I expect they will fade in time.
might i please ask you girls what creams did you use to hydratate the whole area (not just the scars).??? Thank you :))))))))) c
69 800 cc. WOW. Congratulations. I thought I would remove them by 65. Who knows now.
I had mine done 4 weeks ago at age 69 800 cc saline and now they don't look as big as I expected like a c cup but I am happy and should have done it years ago but kids always needed something and money went for other things. Never too late to enjoy being a woman at last.
That's great news. I am also 50. Had mines done last July. I did hate how big they looked for many months after, but they look great today. I return this November to see about the cuts below the breast that looks a bit scarred.
i also have scarring.....do they charge for this visit? i am 1 yr post op. thanks
I guess it's up to your doctor. If he has to put you to sleep you would have to pay for everything else.

Hooray for success stories. Thanks for sharing!