Date Approaching - Birmingham, AL

My breast aug is this Thursday (can't wait) I'm a...

My breast aug is this Thursday (can't wait) I'm a 32 AA and getting silicone gel 400cc(not sure what profile he'll use just yet). I've had one child and breast fed for almost a year and and half. My end result goal is to be a full C which is what I was towards the end of my pregnancy and breast feeding. From having small breast my entire adult life, I try on the sizers and they seem huge! I know they take getting used to but I hear a lot that most patients wish they would of went bigger so I'm hoping 400 cc will get me to the size I want to be! Ill post pics as soon as I can to show the after! :)

So much surgery was today! :) I arrived at 8 this...

So much surgery was today! :) I arrived at 8 this morning and filling out about of inch worth of paperwork, finally about 11:30 they took me back to a room, let me try on sizers again to be certain the 400 cc was my definite chose! After trying the sizers on one last time 400 was the size I was happiest with. Not long the nurse gave me a little lidocaine in the site they were putting the IV in and a few minutes later started the IV with fluids and then the anesthesiologist came in and put the meds in the IV and kicked in immediately, walked back to the OR then woke up in recovery.

I've had 3 prior surgerys over the last 6 years and did completely fine after waking up anesthesia, this time around I felt a bit nauseous and have the shakes REALLY bad (which didn't happen with Any of my other surgerys. I had the shakes for about 36-40 mins after waking up from surgery.

My husband is my caregiver for the procedure and we waiting till the day of to get the prescriptions filled. He had about and hour and a half to go get lunch and get my meds filled while I was in surgery and for some reason they had a problem with my insurance so it took about that long just to get the prescriptions filled so I would advise to have the filled before you get there so you don't have to rush or end up having to wait( you'll want to take them right away)

After surgery my chest felt really tight and heavy; it literally felt as if small bricks were put inside me! Anyways... I arrived at my hotel (I'm staying at the Hyatt only a mile and a half away from the office, super clean, very large and nice defiantly a good value for $100 per night. Those if you traveling to Birmingham out of town I would recommend staying here) took my pain meds and muscle relaxer, had to take a nausea medication not long afterwards because they ended up making me feel a little nauseous. I slept for a couple hours and when I woke up I felt a ton better than I had before. Just still tight and a little soreness.

So far I'm happy with the size I chose and defiantly glad I didn't go any bigger. I know a lot of women always so after that they wish they would have went bigger. For that reason I was debating on going up 25 more cc right before which isn't much difference but I'm glad I stuck with the 400. I fill like the upper pole on the left breast has a little more projection than the right, not a huge difference it may just be swelling. I took arnica tablet 2x yesterday and rubbed arnica gell on my breast today after surgery so hopefully that will help with swelling and bruising. My post op appointment is at 9 a.m tomorrow ill keep you guys posted on how my appointment goes what he tells me and post pictures over the next few months. :)

So just an update... Even after taking the nausea...

So just an update... Even after taking the nausea medication the pain killers and muscle relaxer still made me nausea and vomit all last night so I haven't had any meds in 14 hours and I'm doing just fine; a little sore at the incision site but would rather be a little uncomfortable than sick!

I had my post opt appt at 10 a.m and everything looked good no bruising just riding a little high. Oh and I forgot to mention I had mentor HP 400cc. He told me they should settle in. Place after a couple months to just be patient! The incision site is starting to become a little itchy and I've noticed even when I get cold my nipples won't get hard! Not sure if that normal or anyone else has had that happen.

It's been 2 weeks since my BA and they are feeling...

It's been 2 weeks since my BA and they are feeling more part of me now. I've noticed a slight nipple asymmetry that wasn't really noticeable to me before, and my right breast seems to be sitting slightly higher than the left which is concerning me a bit but was told that may happen to give it time!

I've been reading reviews about capsular contractures and one pocket being larger than the other and hoping it just one settling faster than the other. I'm now able to lay on my side comfortably now. I'm still wearing sports bra's only; my doc said to wear them two weeks then wear whatever I want after that but I'm going to give it another 2 weeks before I go bra shopping to get more of an accurate sizing. I know it's soon and can't see my final results but wishing I would of went to a 450 cc. Ill post more pics in 2more weeks which will be 1 month post surgery! :)

It's been 3 and a half weeks and they are starting...

It's been 3 and a half weeks and they are starting to look good now. Dropping into place nicely, so far I'm extremely happy with them.

I finally went bra shopping for something other...

I finally went bra shopping for something other than sports bras. I measured a 34 D at Victoria secret but a C fits in some other brands and styles! It feels good to finally fill a bra out! :)

9 weeks post op

I feel great!
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

I first started to look in to PS about four months ago and started looking on reel self; I found Dr Hedden and after researching him I found not a single negative review. I had my consultation and felt extremely comfortable with him and all of his staff. Not to mention the office was really nice and clean.

I ve noticed you are a hygienist? How soon did you go back to work?
I'm a stay at home mom; but I would take atleast week off if you have a job you have to move your arms up and down like I would of had to just to allow proper healing. I was able to take my son to the zoo 2 days after surgery
Yes I work and I have to go back day 6!! Aaaaa I also take X-rays and that mashine is so heavy to pull. I have a full schedule that day from 9 - 8!
Your boobs look perfect! They really do. Thanks for sharing. What a great recovery. I go to Dr H in two weeks.
Thank you! So glad I chose Dr. Hedden. Good luck with your procedure!
Gosh your boobs look AMAZING! I am going to Dr. Hedden on Friday for my surgery and I decided on him because of all the women on here who have shared their story and have gotten such great results. Seriously I hope mine end up looking just like yours - they look great! Thanks for sharing it makes me jealous and so excited for my turn!
Thank you! I hope your surgery goes great Friday and your happy with your results!
My before looks very similar to yours. I'm so glad I found you!! I live in Memphis (4hours away) and I plan on going to doctor Hedden at the end of the summer. I want 350cc MP+, but now seeing your results I'm considering HP. How did you choose which profile to get? Update Pictures?????
I'm really happy with my results scars as well. I was so surprised at how you can hardly even see them! Dr hedden is one of the best for breast aug. After looking at before and after photos I was scared of doing the HP; it all really depends on you body dimensions. Dr hedden won't do a profile just because that's what you want to go with. He'll factor in the size implant you tell him you want with your dimensions to get the best look possible. I tried on the 350 mp implant sizer and thought that was big enough until I played around with the rice sizers I made from home then I decided on 400. Dr hedden only does under the muscle so you'll lose a little of the size from that. I will post more pics later tonight!
I just added a new photo! :) good luck with your procedure.
Thank You!

Congratulations...you look great! How are you feeling today and how was the post-op appt? I agree with you, 400 cc's is perfect on your body. The feeling of bricks in/on your chest will gradually subside as you heal. When do you return home? Take it easy!

I had My surgery that morning and The tightness only lasted till late that night! I was only in town till the next day, I live only 3 1/2 hours away :) thanks for your post!
I hope all goes well with your surgery. I look forward to following your recovery!
Yay!! Congrats :)
Can't wait to hear!! Good luck!! :)
Good luck to you! I'm sure you are anxious and excited! Best decision I ever made :)