Liposuction- Beverly Hills, CA

Fast forward to almost 3 years and I am living...

Fast forward to almost 3 years and I am living with the awful after effects of revision lipo to my stomach and new chin lipo.
I believe the current doctor already understood that the prior poor results of (Alan Bittner) could not be corrected, yet
he went ahead any way with the re (vulsion) surgery that appears to have created even more dents, pits, and lumps in my stomach.

Also, the chin lipo he performed on me is awful! He removed waay too much fat from the left side and not enough from the right side. Consequently, my face is more gravity prone on the right side, showing a deep nasal labial fold on the right side of my face only and one huge, pronounced platsymal band under the right side of my neck.

When I went in for a check up, the Dr. recognized the lopsided chin work and had the nerve to ask if I wanted to meet with the patient coordinator to pay and have it corrected! Also, when reviewing his revision to my prior poor lipo results he used a flattering, bright light to look at his [un]revision work he did on my stomach. The lighting minimized the dents, pits, lumps and bumps. When I got home and looked at my stomach in more a natural lighting which reflects shadows, I really saw how that the first surgery and the doctors (ego driven) second revision [vulsion] surgery had left my stomach worse off than before. He compounded the mistakes of the first surgery. He did not remove any of the lumps, dents he claimed that he would. (He did had the nerve to ask if I wanted to do fat grafting to improve the appearance of his failed effort). I was thinking, he should have thought of that at first. It is a mess, my stomach is. What is really rich in irony is that, whenever I think about going for a third (no, I'm not crazy) revision, guess whose name comes up as the master plastic surgeon revisionist? Yes, the self same surgeon who added to Dr. Alan Bittner's crazy patchwork pattern of dents, and lumps and bumps on my stomach! Ugh!!

I don't know what to believe about reviews and such, as I really did my home work on this doctor. I do admit I was impressed that his name always came up as the go-to revision specialist. I honestly don't think there is an medical solution (yet) to poor liposuction. This has impacted me in such a negative way that I have not dated in 3 years. My stomach looks pretty awful.

Does anyone know of any updates for fixing poor...

Does anyone know of any updates for fixing poor liposuction?
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

This doctor came across as caring and kind and one who was aware of the previous surgeons negligent work. He also mentioned that a lot of patients came to him after having bad outcomes from work done by Dr. Alan Bittner. He said he was successful in treating them. If I could turn back the clock, I would. But I can't and I am living witht he horror of his revision efforts that failed.

hi I feel your pain I feel the same way, even though mine is on a diff area. Did you have a revision, I'm tempted to book a consult with svehlak to know what he says about my lipo job. Hope to hear from you, take care
hi, sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you... i did have a revision and went in for a second touch up with dr. svehlak which he said we may have to do in the consultation. it's been about a full year since the revisions and i will say things look 85% better! dr. svehlak said he could get me to 70% but he did a great job.. i think i'm the only one who notices the imperfections. now i just need to try to put the trauma of this whole situation behind me.. where did you have your lipo?
Late reply - (similar situation), are you (i need a miracle)? I'm a bit confused, sorry, but I had liposuction in Mexico. I am currently 5mths post op and I still have that burning/pulling sensation all around the lipo'd areas. All the problem areas are due to my unethical sociopath surgeon exceeding consent. I wish I could turn back time but obviously I can't. I am being forced to stop living my life like I used to. I cannot practice yoga since my skin has adhered to my muscle causing me to lose mobility of my tissues, it is extremely painful. I have bands of scar tissue everywhere that are also painful, as you know, scar tissue is inelastic.
Hi FaithandHope11 i need a miracle here, I have been hoping "similar situation" would post b&a pics. Really, anyone that has had an improvement. I posted my 'awful' I hope anyone on this site that has had a bad to better result would post pic. I'm sorry for your distress. I understand exactly how you feel.
did you ever get your lipo fixed? i'm 1 month out and mine looks AWFUL.... : (
Who did you go to? Mine is much better, but may go in for a touch up. You really can't tell too much in one month. Give it three.
Dr pantoja, it's in my blog.... it started looking really lumpy, ropey and uneven at around a week and a half, I also have discoloration on my sides. Now it just keeps getting worse and worse. I'll def need a revison i'm just not sure how much of correction is needed yet.
yes! i went to dr. svehlak in los angeles. he was great and my stomach looks so much better! i would say 85%... i think i'm the only one who notices the imperfections now..
Thank you so much for taking the time to learn how to post photos. I really appreciate that you cared enough to show those of us that as bad as it is, there just may be hope. I look so forward to seeing your revision work.
Oh! Thank you so much. I 'see' exactly what you mean regarding the rippling, dents, and odd conture. Mine is just more of the same. I am definitely excited to see your true revision work. Thank you for following up. I appreciate that you took the time to learn how to post a photo. Thanks also for the for making me believe there could be hope for me yet.
Oh! Thank you for your wonderful words...Hope does spring eternal. I just need to find out where (smile).
Hi there, I am wondering how are doing now?
Some things I'd like to share that I learned, as I know how you feel. I was a Bittner patient, and came out lumpy, dented, ropey. Then did another lipo two years later with no improvement. Still bumps, dents, scarring.

I wished I had been more patient before hopping onto a surgery table, and wish I had really done a lot more research before doing either lipo procedure. I've learned a lot more since then, and am interviewing a LOT of doctors before trying to fix my problem again.
Luckily, since losing 10 pounds this summer, some of my bumpiness, unevenness, and loose saggy skin resolved itself. But I do have a long ways to go before I could ever wear a bikini.

I consulted with Dr. Svehlak (along with a few others), who actually had quite a few photos of before and after revisions. He may be worth consulting.
Most doctors so far claim it is hard to capture accurate photos of lipo revision work, and can't show me their work.My opinion is that unless they have several photos of revision work they've done, I don't trust them. Some doctors have a $100 consult fee, which I can live with if they have photos and a built reputation in revision work, but those who charge like $250, forget it, that just seems greedy to me, as how do they even know they can fix my problem without seeing me.

I do have appointments scheduled with a couple of other drs, and will let you know what I think if you want an update.
p.s. as far as dating, don't rule it out. I say just take things slow, and guys can be dense, the last boyfriend thought my stomach just had muscles. lol.
Sorry I'm just getting this message now. I'm actually going in next week to Dr. Svehlak for a minor touch up. I am happy with the results and like Dr. Svehlak told me, things are about 70% better. I am going to figure out how to post pictures of my progress soon. Thank you so much for your message!!
I am so sorry, sweetheart. Dont give up. The best plastic surgeons in the world are in LA. Someone must be able to help you.
Much love.

The thing that concerned me about Dr. Amron and others that I consulted so far ... they didn't have many photos of before and after revision work. And the ONE that I saw was not so impressive. - he claimed it is hard to capture the revisions on photo, or patients are out of state so don't come back for the after photo ..... hmmm. I'm hoping Dr. Svehlak does ... his website seems to post some decent ones.

Can you keep me updated on your recovery? Can you send me photos?

it's so sad to hear your story.. I am in a very similar situation. I had smart lipo done and it messed my stomach up. I went to Dr. Svehlak, a revision specialist, and he was so great. He gave me an hour consultation and was very honest about everything. He told me he could help make me look 50% better with the possibility of having to do another procedure. I am only 6 weeks post op from my revision lipo, and things look better, but i do think i will have to do another procedure. i would recommend calling him. He was very honest and the way he talked to me I could tell he really knows his stuff and cares about the outcome of his work so won't feed you a bunch of lies. i am still healing and things do look about 50% better but i am still in the process of healing so i'm not totally sure of my full & final result. i'm sorry for your ordeal. dating was on hold for me for a while too, but there are guys out there that really don't care about this stuff.. it would be nice to know what you decide to do.. let me know if i can help with telling you more about my experience..
Hi!
Thank you so much for the 'hope' that is in your information! Just reading that you may be healed (somewhat?) encourages me that maybe, just maybe there is hope for me. I don't know what I plan to do, as the debt accrued from the first lipo and then the revision, plus the trauma to my body, has me just a bit gun-shy to go under the knife again. Ah, for a non-invasive cure....I dream...Did you see the photos I posted? Yikes!Where is Dr. Svehlak located? I am interested to keep posted on your progress. Was your first result as bad as mine?
This whole experience has left me feeling very disfigured and lonely.. In reading your post and seeing your pictures, I feel like we can definitely understand each other's situation and under such terrible circumstances, it's just nice not to feel alone. I feel like my stomach looked similar to yours from the photos. I was trying to smooth out a lump on the lower half of my abdomen and with the doctor that performed the smartlipo he took out too much fat which left me with a shelf from my upper abdomen folding over and a stomach that looked like it got scooped out and bumps and dents all over. I can send you some photos if you want to give me your email address. I have tattoos, so I am a little weary posting them online. I am now 7 weeks post op and things keep looking better and better. I know I won't ever be back to 100% which Dr. Svehlak described to me, but things definitely improving and I do have hope that I will be able to wear a bikini again. I might need another procedure which is significantly cheaper that the first revision, but it's all a waiting game still. Patience is definitely important for me at this point. I can't even tell you the huge improvement that has happened in this past week. Dr. Svehlak is in Beverly Hills. I totally understand not wanting to go through another surgery again though.. This all has definitely been a traumatic experience. Also, have you thought of filing a complaint with the Medical Board?
Are you pleased with your current results? I think it pretty impressive that you wrote your results looked like mine, but with revision you are hopefult to "wear a bikini again." Whaaaa? This I would like to see. I don't want to publish my personal email...but I would like to see B & A photos.
Hi,
Can you tell me if you are pleased with your post op results? Was Dr. Svehlak able to improve your stomach so that you really feel you can/would wear a bikini? I can't even wear a close-fitting t-shirt as it reveals too many lumps, bumps (sigh). Let me know. Also, I am curious why you did not go to Dr. Amron. His name always pops up first as the go-to revision specialist. I don't think he is a bad doctor. I just believe he used poor judgement in my case.
Hey, for the most part I am pleased with my results. I of course wish I could return to my stomach before I needed to get revision work done though. I am going in next week for a little touch up because not all the fat took. I did go to the beach a lot this summer, and with 2 friends that didn't know about my situation. One friend said she didn't notice, but also said she wasn't really starring at my stomach and my other friend still hasn't said anything to me. I think from her stance, it must've looked that I had cellulite on my stomach. I am gonna figure out soon how to post pictures of my progress. I did stumble upon Dr. Amron when researching doctors and I almost made a consultation with him. As much as I hate to admit it and don't like the website Yelp, Dr. Amron had some negative reviews on him. Dr. Svehlak not only had great reviews, but also has fixed the notorious Tara Reid stomach. I don't know, I just felt that at this point I can't risk going to a bad doctor again.
Hi There, Oh so you did fat transfer? I had been hoping to hear how your revision went. I have been thinking about going to Dr. Svehlak but I honestly am not too hopeful that my results can be improved. I seem to recall that in your first response to my lipo photos, you mentioned that your stomach looked similar to mine. If that is so, on a scale of 10 to 100%, what percentage would you say your revision worked? Eagerly awaiting your response.
Hi there! I am post op two weeks, so hard to say completely. But I'm hopeful for a 50% to 80% improvement. I went to Dr. Svehlak after interviewing about 5 to 7 others. There were a number of reasons I went to him. I just did not quite trust the others I interviewed. Money was not my ultimate consideration, but Dr. Svehlak also had reasonable fees. I will write more later for sure, but I have to rush to work. Lots of love and empathy to you!
Hi! I can't wait to hear about your results. Best wishes!
I would say my stomach is about 70% better. It has been almost 6 months and I am going in for a touch up next week. The thing about my stomach is I only did the bottom part of my stomach, so the area covered by the botched lipo was not in as large of a scale as yours. I am going to upload some before pics asap. The pics were taken on an old camera phone so they aren't very good. I will definitely let you know how the touch up goes as well!