I Finally Feel Like my REAL SELF! - Beverly Hills, CA

I wish I would have written my pre-op and...

I wish I would have written my pre-op and immediate post-op experiences sooner but here goes....

I was a 38DDD/E and in so much pain...back, shoulders, neck. I felt so old...I knew I had to do something! I started working out religiously and although I did see my body changing my breast were not budging! The last straw was an injury in a chest muscle after weight lifting that effected my breathing. ER doctors thought it could be pulmonary embolism!! Several test and thousands later it was just a pulled muscle due to my large breast! My primary doctor explained my breast were mostly large glands and no matter what I did I would likely not see a difference in size. My doctor referred me to the best surgeon in town!!

I had always wanted a breast reduction but never thought it would really happen!! What a rush of emotions and anxiety but nothing came close to the roller coster of emotions you feel after surgery. I absolutely had the best surgical team and aftercare facility one could ask for....every single one of them was great! But then I came home...no more demerol injections :( I was out of the feeling good stage and into the "What have I done!" chapter!!

I owe my sanity to REALSELF!! I loved my surgeon but I didn't want to sound like a wack job calling him every 5 minutes so I turned to you guys! I woke up to Realself and fell asleep to Realself!! Every question, every concern I felt was here!! My doctor told me what to expect but I don't think I fully believed him at the time. When I saw my breast for the first time I cried!! I remember putting my hand over them and thinking "they're not even a handful!!" My stomach was swollen and I thought "OMG I could've done this with a few less pretzels and a few more sit-ups". My emotions were all over the place!!

I am almost 6weeks out and I feel absolutely AMAZING!!! Everything is "falling" into place and smoothing out! I was able to wear a spaghetti strap dress last week....I've never been able to do that....AND without a bra!! :) Dr. Cohen brought my sexy back!! I can't wait to start working out again!! I am so happy and have absolutely no regrets....well maybe one....NOT DOING IT SOONER!!

Welcome Girlie!    So happy for you and glad you joined us here on RealSelf!

You are doing fantastic so keep up the good work and enjoy the new body.   Keep us up to date:)

Swell Hell is driving me nuts!! Feel like I can't...

Swell Hell is driving me nuts!! Feel like I can't go an hour with out compression garment :/

Going on 10wks developed a keloid scar right in the cleavage area...so bummed. Feeling a little depressed about it. I'm afraid I won't be able to wear a bikini next summer (something I've always wanted to do). PS has been great, started injections to calm the scar. Anyone else experience this?
congratulations you look great!
Thank you! Just started working out again..feeling motivated :)
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Had a Mommy Makeover (Breast Reduction and Tummy Tuck) 1 month ago!! Dr. Cohen was highly recommended to me by my primary doctor of over 20years. The moment I met Dr. Cohen I knew he was my surgeon. He went over the procedures in detail, showed me hundreds of pictures and did all the typical doctor stuff. What set Dr. Cohen apart is his ability to listen, understand and comfort. His confidence put me at ease! His skills go far beyond cosmetic if you ask me! I am only one month out and I feel like I was set free!! I walked for 2 miles yesterday (with inclines) and for once did not feel out of breath. I feel absolutely fantastic and my body is still going thru changes....I can't wait to see the final outcome! My husband thinks Dr. Cohen is an artist....I 100% agree!! LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE....Love Dr. Cohen, Shelly and Amy!!! Absolutely the BEST!!!