7 Weeks Post Op TT and BBL

Hey ladies, I am a mother of two, a 3 year old...

Hey ladies, I am a mother of two, a 3 year old girl and 15 month baby boy. I always knew I was going to need a tummy tuck once I had children, even in my thin days when I was 125lbs (Iam 5'7"), I was never able to use a two piece bathing suit because I always had a sad looking belly button. For some reason I have always had a fat buldge above my belly button. Once I had my children obviouly my skin stretched but it never went back to normal. I have that hanging lower belly, which I call it the front butt, I have no waist. Had my first consultation in Sep 2011 and contemplated the idea of spending so much money on ME, but after 3 months I knew my body was not going to go back to the way it was, because I never had a flat tummy, so why not invest on my body, after all I will live with my body forever. My husband is being super supportive, so I have scheduled my TT with Lipo and a BBL for Feb 3. I am super excited, nervous of course, I am afraid of the unknown, because I have never been under or had any type of surgery. But I am total faith in my doctor and I am so ready to do this. I am preparing myself mentally for what's to come.

1/31/2012 - Friday can't come fast enough for me,...

1/31/2012 - Friday can't come fast enough for me, I just want to be on the other side. Had my pre-op today, med picked up, everything is paid for so no looking back!!

1 DPO...Had surgery yesterday 2/3/12, went in at...

1 DPO...Had surgery yesterday 2/3/12, went in at 6:15 am, got into my gown and met with the anesthesiologist, let me tell you she was wonderful. She reassured me that my PS was wonderful, that I was in good hands, she was so gentle and WONDERFUL. I then met with my PS, he marked me all over, asked me if I had more questions for him, he asked what my expectations were and then he walked me in to OR. The anesthesiologist laid me down, got my IV started and next thing I know I was being woken up by then nurse. Got home around 3 p.m. and I felt pretty good. I ate some chicken soup, took 2 Vicodins and took a nice nap. Woke up around 7 to use the restroom, I have to recommend a toilet raiser, it has helped so much. I also recommend cough drops because even coughing a bit hurt like hell. I slept ok, I have to say my pain level was a 3 on a level of 1-10, but I was really soar, so if being soar is painful to some of you ladies then you will be in some pain, for me it was just an uncomfortable. Very thankful that I worked out till the last day, because you do alot of your arm and quad muscles to hold yourself up and move from side to side. Then again I also got a BBL,so I can't be sitting directly on my butt. Had my pos-op this morning and everything looks great, draining very little, incition looks great, very thin. I am a bit more soar tonight, I have been eating alot of home made chicken soup with veggies, and drinking pineapple juice. Keeping up with my meds and drinking arnica and bromelain for the swelling. Taking 1 vicodin every 6-8 hr and I think by tomorrow I will start taking tylenol. Ladies don't be nervous, it's not a piece a cake but it's not as bad I we though. Good luck to my next week Tummy tuckers!!! Will post pictures on Monday.

14days Pos Op (2WEEKS!!) Hey ladies, so I made...

14days Pos Op (2WEEKS!!) Hey ladies, so I made it, I still can't believe it's been two weeks. I feel awesome, today I finally got my second drain out, and it feels soooo good. Over all I can say this experience has been wonderful, I am not sure if it's because I have a high pain tolerance (which I don't think I do), or I just had a great doctor. The first four days are the worst but for my experiece, I think its just very uncomfortable, not painful but very uncomfortable. Ladies stay on top of your medication and listen to your body. The itchiness of the binder and the not being able to sleep comfortable are worst than the pain. Some things I couldnt live without these last two weeks:
Toiler raiser (I RECOMMEND..it's crazy how much we use our ab muscles, so not having to sit all the way down on the toile was great)
Crackers (take some with you to the surgery center, and have some with you at all times, helps with the nausea)
Cough drops (YES it hurst like hell when you sneeze or cough)
water bottle (it helped me keep track of how much water I was drinking)
Anti Nausea pills (see if your doctor can percribe a few of these, I would have died if I had to throw up, and I felt like that the first day when I ate something, so I just poped a little pill before I ate and I was fine)
Gauze or maxi pads (to put by the drains, and by the lipo holes...those little holes also release fluids)
crock pot (I would thrown in veggies, some chicken drumsticks, some water with a few herbs and "little" salt and make my own chicken and veggies soup)
Stool softerner and Fiber powder
Coconut Water (Yup, this is better than gatorade, this water has electrolites and it help avoid dehydration)
Overall, I am very happy with my healing process, I feel wonderful, yes I am swollen too, but it sure beats the front butt I had. It's a slow recovery and if you are like me, that once you feel a bit better you go back to your normal routine (kids, househould, etc) slow down, listen to your body. Happy healing to all my TT ladies, and for all of all of you who are still trying to make the decision, I say do it, do it for you because you deserve to invest in yourself, you will feel so happy you did, I know I do!!!

3 Weeks Post Op, feeling great and walking...

3 Weeks Post Op, feeling great and walking straight. I am not 100% back to normal, once in awhile I feel some burning and some pulling. I still havent lifted my 16 month old, he has gotten use to getting on mommies lap when I sit down. Also it still hurts when I cough or sneeze, or laugh. I still cant watch any TV comedy shows, because my incision starts to sting when I laugh. I do have the swelling that everyone has and it does suck especially at night, as you can see in my side picture you can tell alot of my evening swelling is towards the bottom, but I guess I shouldn't complain. I am still very happy with the results. I notice when I drink my 10 cups of water a day the swelling is less. I started walking about 1 mile a day and so far so good. I do wake up sore I figure its still the lipo. I am trying to watch what I eat but sometimes I get a bit comfortable and have that slice of pizza but this week I ate alot cleaner, more veggies and fruit.

Question for you ladies who already had a TT...what scar treament are you using and recommend?? Right now I am still putting Neosporin every night on my incision and BB. Once again I am so happy I did this and don't regret it at all.

Hey ladies, feeling better and better every day. ...

Hey ladies, feeling better and better every day. I am now able to lift my 28lb toddler out of the crib without any type of pain. I still can't carry him and walk with him for a long period of time, I get a pulling feeling after like 10 minutes or so. I returned to work last week and did ok, I did find myself a bit hunched over by the end of the day. BB is still healing nicely and the scar if starting to fade. I started to put silicone strips this morning, so hopefully that will help the scar face away, using ScarAway, but I think at my 6week Post Op I will buy the silicone strips my PS has in his office. Any advice from ladies who are using a scar treatment would help, what do you recommend or what are you using?? Still wearing a spanx CG, and today I might have to buy a new one a smaller size :)...Happy Healing to all my February TT and good luck to all the March TT...YOU WONT REGRET IT!!! (will post 4 weeks pic soon)

7 weeks Post Op Today. I am feeling wonderful, I...

7 weeks Post Op Today. I am feeling wonderful, I still get swelling by the end of the day but I've noticed that it happends when I eat high sodium foods and don't drink alot of water through out the day. My doctor said it was ok to stop wearing Spanx but to be honest I feel comfortable wearing it, so Iam keeping it on for a few more weeks. He did say to wear Spanx during excersise for the next 4 months for support while running. Started using the the ScarAway Silicone Strips and it has flatten out the scar but I am still working on the redness of it (the pic shows it reder than it really is).

In regards to my BBL - I took awhile to review because it takes a few weeks for all the swelling to go down and really see the final results. In my case the results seem to get better every day. It's been 7 weeks and I love it. The doc put in 720cc on each side. I would have wanted a little more because you really don't know how much volume you will keep, but I also didnt want a huge butt. Recovery was a bit difficult(uncomfortable) because you have to be on your sides ALL the time. It didnt really hurt, your butt just feels sore and hard for about the first 3 weeks, but now it's nice and soft. My clothes over all looks great but now I have to buy jeans that are made for curvy woman to go with my curves. Which I don't mind :) DOn't hesitate to ask me questions about both procedures, I know I didn't have anyone to ask until I found this board.

Sorry for the bad pics of my butt, I will put a...

Sorry for the bad pics of my butt, I will put a better pic of my BBL result soon.
Dr. William Bruno

Dr. Bruno is wonderful, he takes his times explaining everything to you, and his after care is great. I never felt like just a number, he really addressed all my concernes before and after and he will also be really realistic with you about your expectations. His team made me feel super comfortable, I knew I was in great hands. 2 weeks post op and I love my results!!

yeah! you do look great! what a beautiful incision he gave you! it almost looks too perfect! im possibly scheduled to have both TT/BBL done march next year. doctor says i should be "pefrectly fine" to return to work after 2 weeks. (w/ boppy pillow) im SCARED and never as heck that i wont be recovered. only have 16-17 days off at most!! what are your personal feelings based on experience...
You look great! How are you feeling now? How long did it take for you to feel normal (sexually) again???
Any recent updates
Hey ! You look great! I have been wanting to do bbl and tummy tuck ! I'm really wanting to do it! How was recovery? How did you sleep the first few days since you had surgery infront and back?
I'm def getting a tummy tuck prob January but would like a bbl as well. How was recovery mainly mobility?
Thinking about getting TT and BBL at the same time. I'm chicken, but stories such as yours help me feel like I CAN do it.
Great results! Your incision was done very well too.
Ok i am two weeks out from getting my bbl and t umma tuck ....well my doc only gives a tummy binder and said to buy a garment, however i do not know what will work best with these two procedures any advice. Also if you have any post op butt pictures now i would be interested in seeing as my tush is your pre op size and i would like to know if you were happy with the amount or if i think i should get a bit more
You look amazing. How much did you pay for the TT, BBL and Lipo?
Hi u look great!! Can u post a pic of before and after the bbl?? Also do u think you lost volume?!
Hey I am getting a TT and BLL do you have any suggestion on garments?
Just saw Ur butt pics looks awesome! I need that but stopping with my TT! Yes i love looking in mirror too.
Looking so good girlie!!
Hi girlie! you're looking great! Love your bbl, Your scar and bb look really good.
When did you start sitting and sleeping on your back?
I started sitting at about 4 weeks. It's so tough not to sit especially since I have an office job, but I would try to sit on my side or one leg tucked under. In regard to sleeping, well I have never been a back sleeper, I have always slept on my side so no problem there.
Thanks girlie, I started sitting at 3 weeks. I got a foam pillow to sit at 3 weeks and it helped so I'm still using it. My worst was sleeping on my stomach I got so many migraines the first two weeks.
Wow! When u look n the mirror can you even believe that's Ur body? U look great!
Mommy73, no I still can't believe it's my body. I always felt sexy and I was pretty confident, but wow, it's amazing the difference it does to your confidence level. I can't stop looking in the mirror
Hi girlie, there is a little bit of swelling but u still look great and love the bb! Ur healing very well!
Congrats on ur surgery, u look great! Continue to keep us posted!
Wow! U look great! I'm 3 wks 2 days PO. After they took stitches out of bb they told me' to stop putting peroxide & not put the bactarian (like neosporan) & I was told from day 1 never put anything at all on incision & after drains came out they said stop the peroxide & bact cream cause they wanted it to heal from inside Out & if I put that stuf on it it would heal from outside in. At 12 day po he gave me' silicone strips to put on scar so that's all I use. I thought it was weird to not put stuf on incision but he said no. Every dr is different I see tho. Glad Ur doing good.
AMAZING results, girlie!! I knew you'd look good!
Tell me about the BBL - was it just something added to it or was there cutting/lifting involved? I'm intrigued! I'd love to see pics if you're up for it. ;-)
I will add my review on BBL soon, that procedure takes more time for you to really tell if you are happy with it or not...I will post pics soon...hope you are healing great
Does your PS still have you wearing your binder? Have you been released to exercise? Im clueless afoot what I should be doing. My dr hasn't given me any advice and we had surgery at the same time so I'm wondering!
Cmpnbalto, my PS said I can start wearing Spanx, or any type of a light compression garment, he recommends I wear it for another 4-6 weeks...about exercise, he said no running just walking or eliptical, no weights, but he did say to listen to my body. He said "if you are walking for 15min and you start feeling pulling, or burning of anytype, its your body telling you to stop" I will start walking tomorrow, I will see how that goes...how are you feeling??