Hoping For FLAB TOO FAB! - Beverly Hills, CA

After taking off from work and dance for a year my...

After taking off from work and dance for a year my tummy went from FAB too FLAB . I tried diets and working out but my belly flat was just like me, STUBBORN! So, after careful consideration and tons of research I decided to have Lipo!

My Pre-Op consultation was March 20th with Dr Rosenberg and consultant Kay. Dr. Rosenburg was very honest, professional and attentive. You can tell he takes pride in his work. He was very straightforward about the before, during and after surgery. I shared with him that I was a spazzer and had LOW pain tolerance and HIGH "freak out" tolerance, lol! He advised me that there would be some pain but very minimum. He also informed me not to expect the procedure to be a quick fix and Recommended I make healthier lifestyle choices regarding my diet and exercise. Kay, the consultant was great as well. She was patient and didn't mind answering the millions of question I had. They made me feel very comfortable about having the procedure the following day.

3/21/2012: THE DAY OF SURGERY

**Upper & Lower Abs, Bra Rolls and Waist **

OMG, I really did it!! Ok, I have to admit it was painful!!! I had a slight tooth ache prior to having my surgery and vomited after they gave me meds to relax me. I had my Upper & Lower Abs, Bra Rolls and Waist Done. Once I got into the room and the Dr. numb me, the numbing fluid worked for a few but eventually the infection in my tooth started to fight against it (im guessing). My Dr. Gave me the Maximum amount numbing fluid he could give and even gave me laughing gas, NOTHING NUMB ME!! I basically had the procedure natural. My Dr. was so wonderful he did everything in his power to help me relax and ease the pain. I almost broke the Assistants hand off I was holding it so tight! Although i was freaking out, Dr. Rosenburg talk me through, put my favorite pandora station on and finished his job. I COULD NOT HAVE MADE IT WITHOUT DR.ROSENBURG & HIS ASSISTANT patience and professionalism! After the procedure was over I was in minimal pain. The nurse came in, patched me up and help me put on my compression garment. Then, she escorted me to the recovery room for gatorade and discharge questions. She instructed me to go home and eat me a good meal with lots of protein, preferably chicken or steak and no to low sodium for the 1st week. The procedure went well and I def left my mark, loll! Once I made it home I was feeling a little drowsy but I had my cousin here to take great care of me. As the night progressed the pain meds started to wear off and then came the pain! I had the hardest time sleeping, but the post meds helped.

Week 1: THE WORST OF DAYS!!!

My 2nd & 3rd days were my worst days. The pain was horrible and the sleepless nights did not help. Day 3 was the first day I removed my compression garment to clean my pads of drainage and wash myself up. I WAS SOOO SORE, but my cousin was right there and took great care of me. Oh i forgot to mention, my Dr. Called me personally ( yes he called him self, not his nurse or assistant) the 2 or 3rd day to check on me and make sure I was doing ok. He said not to hesitate to call his office or cell if I had any question or concerns. i returned to work after 5 days. Yes I was sore but it was bearable, the compression garment helped out tremendously!

After working a 12 hour shift I felt a little light headed and nauseous but I made it.

1 week follow up:

My follow up was great. The nurse checked my incision, pressed around on my tummy and informed me that I could stop using the drainage pads and continue to wear my compression garment to help with my swelling. i informed her that the Vicodin made me constipated so she suggested I switch to tylenol or pain meds that were less harsh to my digestive system. My cousin got her procedure done the day of my follow up and her experience was TOTAL opposite of mines. The staff commented "she's walking better than you after one week and she just got off the table" lol. (I love them) She had little to no pain during the procedure and she did well post procedure with little to no supervision. I guess i'm just a big baby, lol!

It has been **19 Days** and I am still pretty swollen. I have occurred a few small knots (fluid pockets) on my sides and upper abs which the Dr. say is normal and should be massaged frequently. They are very sensitive and a little sore but not painful. I still have a hard time finding a comfortable position to sleep in but elevating my legs and back with pillow help a lot. My bruises and incisions are healing great. Dr. Rosenburg did wonderful with my incisions; they are very small and barely noticeable. I continue to put neosporin on my incisions and vaseline or coca butter on my bruises. I have been struggling a little with the size of my tummy but I know its swelling and will go down eventually, I just have to be patient. I continue to wear my compression garment and I'v also purchased me a spanx. I am going to start light workouts this week and continue to watch my diet. So far I am happy with the procedure and elated about my choice of Dr. I look forward to my future results and I will Keep you guys updated.

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

I heard that the stiffness and swelling is common. Well all the best I got about a month and a half before my surgery. I was only going to take off work Thurs and Friday and go back to work Monday.
my surgery went well, my only problem was siffness and swelling,that 1st. week and the 2nd wk. as well. I took off for 5wks. now i'm doing a lot better thats my advice go get u a rolling pin after the 3wk roll ur stomach and ur back area to lossen up the swelling and the knots that helps a whole lot and take ur vitamin C as well.
how long before the swelling goes down? how long did it take before you went back to work? share recent pics if you have some thanks! :)
We're on the same road to recovery friend. This first week was hard for me too, I worked 4 12hr shifts 2 days post lol. It's so hard being patient but each day is getting and looking better! I can already tell that you're gonna have some amazing results!!