Not That Bad! - Beverly Hills, CA

I had a full tt with muscle repair, Lipo of lower...

I had a full tt with muscle repair, Lipo of lower flanks and fat grafting. I'm 4 days post-op and only needed vicoden the first 2 days. I was feeling really sick from the meds so my PS had me stop and switch to Tylenol. I feel much better with the Tylenol. I can get in and out of bed by myself. I still have drains. Not too much draining about 25 cc's every 6 hours. Now I'm just BORED. Good luck!

Added my before picture as well as the 3 days post...

Added my before picture as well as the 3 days post op picture.

Updated: 1 week post op.

Updated: 1 week post op.

2 years later

Wow not sure what prompted me to go back into this. BUT after looking at those pictures I posted from my tummy tuck I just can't believe it. I'd do it over 10 times if I had to. I am so happy with my decision. I am extremely happy with my results. The tummy tuck gave me confidence and motivation to work on my fitness and really take care of my health. My scar does not bother me and is definetely getting lighter. If you are having doubts I'd say do it. The post op was not unbareable and you'll be happy.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Ah a woman after my own heart! You and I would be a two woman comedy show going out together! Oh well at least our tummies look good!

You should see me today....I had a kick boxing class last night and took a foot to the side of the face. The poor woman next to me was a little challenged and kicked the wrong direction. Geez I got a black cheek bone and no fault of my own! LOL
Does anyone know if I can wear heels now? I am 3 weeks postop and I want to wear my boots but they have heels. Is it safe?

As long as you are not like me it is safe to wear heels!!   I fall up the stairs, down the stairs, over air, over cracks in the round...my hubby calls me "Tumbleweed".  Guess I wasn't born with a gravity gene.

Seriously though you can wear them but your feet and legs may swell the first week.  I did ok at 3 1/2 weeks post OP in heels but did have some leg swelling and got darn tired quick.
Ok thanks for the advice I think I'll wait until Christmas before I wear them. I can handle flats for a couple more days.
Falling would be bad news!!
I've only worn boots with thick heels so far- but I'm like Kimmers. I have fallen down an UP escalator in the airport, down the subway stairs in new York while wearing "walking shoes" - that got me a broken collarbone- so heels would be a major challenge any time.
Back at work today. My swelling has gone down some. Today is my 3 week mark. I am so happy with my results thus far. Today I wore spanx to work and was able to fit in my jeans comfortably. Even a little loose. When I got home I took the spanx off and put my binder back on. I actually prefer the binder it's nice and snug however it's hard to put on. If I do it myself it ends up uneven and with creases. Anyhow that's my update. I'll post a pic at my 1 month mark. Next week!!

It sounds like you had a great day!  That is wonderful you were able to wear your jeans and be comfortable.  WOOT WOOT!

I can't wait to see the new pics next week!  So exciting :)
I went back today too. Tomorrow is my 3 week day. Wore some normal clothes and felt fine. Climbed right into my flannel jammies as soon as I got home- still in my garment though!

Rest, rest, rest.  I call my flannel jammies my Mrs. Ropers.   Remember her???
Yes it went away. It lasted a day and slowly went away. It's a major surgery indeed. I couldn't watch it. You're brave!

I must be a sicko then...I kept watching the darn videos and was totally engaged!
I'm not a good one for medical stuff. I faint at the slightest sight of guts or needles. Could never be a nurse or doctor or anything like that.

Yeah I don't think I would ever want to be up to my elbows in blood and guts but watching does not bother me.
Well since surgery I've had tons of visitors and they're all bringing me food. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart but my god I really need to get back on my diet regimen.

Last night I ended going to the ER. I suddenly developed this numbing and tightening feeling on the left side of my face. Even my teeth felt wierd. Needless to say I freaked out! I thought I was getting bellspalsy. And I just kept thinking OMG not now not after all of this. Well they rules out stroke as well as bellspalsy. The dr said it was probably a combination of stress, anxiety and TMJ. He gave me Xanax and anti-inflammatory meds. He also assured me it had nothing to do with the surgery. I'm feeling better today and Xanax is my new friend. :)

I had something similar happened: on day 3 I started feeling pinfull tightening and swelling in my arms, to the point where it hurt more than the drains and cut it self.I asked the Doctor and he switched my anibiotics thinking maybe I had a reaction. it did not improve and on day 5 my husband actually had to give me ice massages over both arms. Day 6 I went to see my family doctor who said that this is a post traumatic reaction to the surgery and gave me xanax as weel. I am happy to report the arms improved 2 3 days later, every now and then I get a faint tention there but no swelling or pain, can our body bring on such reactions to surgery???

Wow you two- scary stuff.

When you really think about it (which I try not to do) our bodies really went through some wild shit. When I watched the animated version of a tummy tuck I almost fainted! All that cutting and peeling back and sewing. Yikes! It makes sense that our bodies would react in strange ways.

Glad you are doing better- are you okay San Fernando?
They say it goes away. My husband was staring at it yesterday at the doctor and they told him not to worry! He blushed.
OMG yes you must be talking about the pubic mound. Needless to say it's HUGE I call it my man buldge. I'm assuming it's just swelling and it'll go away. I hope.
I feel like I have a water balloon inserted under my scar. Between the numbness and the puffiness it's just an area I avoid. It's going to be peasant skirts for awhile.
Oh good thanks! I will not even try to put it on.
So it's been almost 2 weeks and I'm feeling really fat. Has anyone else felt like this? I haven't even attempted to wear my normal clothes because I will lose my mind if it doesn't fit. I don't know if it's swelling or what but I'm not feeling slim. ??

It's the swelling!!!   Swell Hell....darn it.  Unfortunately this lasts for a while so hang on.  Are you drinking enough water?  That helps a bit..

Please do not try on your clothes right now because this will only frustrate you more.  The first month is not great for feeling slim but know it will get better but takes time.
You look great! You're so lucky your drains came out fast.

Your belly looked so much like mine- that shriveled area around the belly button. Good Riddance!!
I got my breasts done with the same doctor about 7-8 years ago. Thanks! The incision is low I'm very happy.
WOW! The doc made your incision super low and it looks fantastic; congrats!

Did you get your breasts done as well?