Wow! This Was Not What I Had in Mind. - Beverly Hills, CA

I came to Dr. Harvey Paley because I had a...

I came to Dr. Harvey Paley because I had a breathing obstruction. I wanted to be able breath easy. He was an ENT. He suggested I also do what they refer to as a rhinoplasty. This is reshaping the nose.

He told me my nose looked as if someone had punched me. I never notice it before. I tried to ask him details about what he was planning to do. He simply said he was going to make my nose straight. He did not allow questions because he was the doctor in charge.

Turned out he collapsed the bridge of my nose so my breathing became markedly worse after his surgery. He asked me which bothered me more the fact that I could not breath or that my nose was collapsed. Turned out I did not like either so he discharged me as a patient. That took one year and 10,000. dollars. He also received 4,000. dollars from my insurance. In total he received 14,000. USD

Then I went to get these issues fixed. Second doctor did revision. He took cartilage from my ear and wrapped in facia to augment collapsed nose. All this material reabsorbed. He also preformed a greenstick or incomplete osteotomy on my nose. Turned out this cause my nose to fall to one side of my face. Doctor said that was the first time he saw this result. He then told me to push on my nose every 15 minutes to half hour while awake to readjust bones. Eventually he said this would fix the problem.

First he said takes about 6 months to fix with the process. Then did not work so he said continue readjust bones until can not adjust anymore.

Now one year later I still have broken nose, still pushing bones on my face every day. Still bones soft. I push on nose about 4 - 500 times per day so about total over one hundred thousand times over the last year. If I take a break to go out to dinner when I go to restroom I notice my nose is falling over so I push several times while nobody is watching.

Now doctor says maybe we should break your nose again because partial breaking did not work. Also dorsum still scooped so maybe we should take more ear cartilage to fix this.

I just wanted to breathe better but I was sold other services which caused me great hardship in my life. I thought doctor was going to help me but they really hurt me a lot. Thank you for reading.

Dr. Harvey Paley

See above for details

You might want to check out the rhinoplasty revision community for information and support over there!

Yes. I received several 'second' opinions. Concensus being after pushing my nose for one year it was a waste of time. I need to complete the osteotomy (code for break my nose again only this time completely) Then they will see where and how it cures. Also take more cartilage from ear hope it doesn't reabsorb or use foreign materials or iradiated cadaver cartilage to compensate for bridge.

I'm sorry you're unhappy with your results! Have you considered getting a second opinion?