This Was a Repair / Revision Update - Beverly Hills, CA

Recently I noticed I could not breath out of my...

Recently I noticed I could not breath out of my left nostril. I had already had a great rhinoplasty five years ago now I had this problem. I returned to my plastic surgeon only to find out I had developed scar tissue in that nostril. A rhinoplasty repair was the only option and since I had no real available ear cartilage I has a rib graft! My god I have never been in so much pain! But, eight days later I can breath again.
That was supposed to be swelling not selling!
Thank you for sharing! Any idea why this time around was so painful?
Yes. He used a rib graft in constructing the new nose where he normally would have used cartilage from my year. The rib was the most painful part of the procedure . Second was a fascia graft taken from my scalp above my ear.

Revision / repair update

Well it's going on four weeks post opp. The swelling is almost completely gone! Has really taken shape . I can breath easily out of both nostrils. I will post pics soon!
Rib cartilage use for nose revision is really that painful? I'm considering this option for my revision as well. I hope you have a smooth recovery and a wonderful result!
any updated pics?
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Calverts specialty is revision and difficult rhinoplasty . He did a amazing job! He did warn me that the rib graft would be very painful! He recommended that I stay in a after care surgical center but I did not listen and insisted on going home! I wish I had listened to the Dr. 8 days later I had the splints and sutures removed and I can breathe again ( thank god)