Poor Skills at Fat Transfer - Beverly Hills, CA

I had fat transfer done to my under eye area 8...

I had fat transfer done to my under eye area 8 months ago to help with the hollowness I'd developed in the inner region of my under eye. I was anesthetized, fat collected fat from my hips and injected in my under eye area. I thought this would be a natural looking solution, but it took months for the swelling and bruises to go away and the outcome has been horrible. My left eye has what looks like a shelf and the right has a big bump with scarring. I’m in my thirties and looked my age, but now I look like I have under eye bags and am in my 40s.I would NOT recommend Dr. Litner for under eye fat transfer.
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon

I would NOT recommend Dr. Litner for under eye fat transfer. He performed this procedure on me 8 months ago, and he ruined my face! One eye has a big bump and the other has what looks like a shelf. What’s really upsetting is when I went in for a visit and expressed that it looked bumpy and uneven, he proceeded to insult me by pointing out all the asymmetries on my face. It’s interesting how friendly he was when I had the initial consult, and how unfriendly and insulting he was when I told him I wasn’t happy with the outcome. I don’t think he has the skills to do this procedure and probably knows it. Don’t make the mistake I did.

Linda6. Thank you for the advice. I have heard many horror stories about permanent fillers. Dr Mark Glasgold did a decent job on adding fat back to my temples after a laser and Ulthera treatments ate up the fat in my face. For sure, I have no lumps. I am only about 6 weeks out and will need some touch ups.. Glasgold Group does the second round at no additional charge and assured me that they stand behind their work. I have discovered that competent Plastic Surgeons will not do procedures they do not specialize in doing. If a Doctor does not do fat transfers on a regular basis, they should not do it at all. I am waiting to see the true final results. Best of luck to you!
Hello Ladies, Dr Mark Glasgold did a full face transfer on my face about 5 weeks ago, to correct fat atrophy caused by a previous Ulthera and Laser treatment (Note: Ulthera was done is Aug 2012) . While the fat transfer is not perfect and he did under-correct, my under eye area- probably because he is cautious. I am not unhappy with the overall results. I do have a light dimple on my right cheek from the canula injector.( I think this will improve) At least I am beggining to look like myself again. He does a one time touch up at no additional charge, except for the anesthesia. I would recommend that you contact the Glasgold Group, if you need some help. I was referred to him by another plastic surgeon in NC. Me- being Southern and him- being a real New Jersey-ite, there were some obvious cultural misunderstandings. However, the staff is great and I do trust him to make any corrections. I think his brother Robert is probably just as good. It has been about 5 weeks now and I am still seeing changes.. for the good. He said I would start to deflate after about 2 months and see the fullness start to return in about 6 months when the blood supply takes hold. My face looks great after I work out. It just seems to plump up and glow for about 2 or 3 hours. There are No lumps, All is smooth and I would do it all over again. There are a few places that will need some touch up- nothing serious. As a Doctor recently explained to me, I had nerve damage caused by the Ulthera treatment that caused a droop on one side of my lip . Well, my lip looks much better after the Fat Transfer procedure. Dr Mark obviously paid attention to trying to make it even out. Eventually, I will have to get some surgical work done to totally straighten my lip. For now, it is not that noticable and looks about 80% better. Dr Mark has experience repairing bad transfers and does not seem to shy away from fixing other Dr's mistakes. He will tell you the truth, as he knows it. He will openly tell you about mistakes he has made and how he corrected them He has been doing fat transfers for years. Unfortunately, he does not appear to always believe what you say. Again, this opinion could be due to our cultural differences. Kind of funny;) He is very open about seeing laser damage and correcting many people with this issue. My husband always tells me I am too honest and way too independent. I wish you all the best and totally feel your pain. I would not hardly leave my house for almost a year after the Ulthera and Laser damage to my face. After having fat transfer to my face, 5 weeks ago- I work out 5 days a week and lost the 8 pounds I gained over the last year. Prior to having the fat transfer, I was sitting at home, being depressed about my face. I will eventually post a positive comment on his board. Right now, I am waiting to see the final results.
It's great to hear that you're pleased with your FT. I feel that I read to many people who have suffered from them. I too have damage from IPL and since The end of January I have watched my skin change, scar, stretch, lose elasticity, and melt away. It saddens me everyday bc it's hard for me to focus on the most important things I'm my life, my kids and husband! With that said im trying to heal my skin but its so lifeless and flatten and indented so i feel at some point my only option is to get Fat grafting. Can I ask how much was the full face transfer. I'm not to far away from NJ so maybe I'll get a consult. I'd rather a doctor slightly under correct then over correct. At this point I'm already lopsided fat atrophied unevenly especially under my eyes. One side is completely hollowed while the other side is partially hollowed.
Hopeful2heal. OMG I understand and feel your pain. Please let everyone know about IPL. My goal is to save as many ladies as possible from suffering. Ulthera and Co2Laser caused so much damage to me. I am also lopsided from the lasers and Dr Mark did put the same amount of fat on each side. Be sure and let him know that you want more on the atrophied side. Remember, he only sees what you look like now. I have nerve damage from the lasers and thought it was the fat loss causing my lip to droop. Whatever Dr did -helped. I will need surgery to completely straighten up my lip. Why is it that so many folks get damaged and Doctors keep doing this stuff? When I go back for my touch up, I am going to pay extra for the stem cells. Dr Mark says it is experimental- But I am going to take the plunge, if there are no downsides.. I suggest that you take your time and ask all the questions. In addition, be sure you clearly understand where the fat will be liposuctioned and used on your face. Glasgold Group has an amazing staff. I would be a little more specific about somethings, if I had it to do over. . Call Glasgold Group in NJ, ask for Rosa and let her quote you a price.. You have the main price and then the add ons for anesthesia..etc. It is very expensive and not a perfect science I saw some of Dr Robert Galsgold's (younger brother) work and was impressed. Check Castle- Connelly's ( not sure if it is spelled right) America's Best Doctors. I signed up for the service and will never use another cosmetic doctor that is not listed. There are only a few real fat transfer doctors that do this all the time. Best of Luck to You!
My problem did not come from lasers. I had a major staph infection from bioalcamid. I atrophied after having pus removed from my temples for over a long period. I had a fat transfer in the dents didnt even ladt 30 days Dr Prasad here in NY did it for $5000. Got taken!! My advice is dont get permanent wrinkle fillets
Ugh what these devices do to us is such a crime! I'm so sorry that you have gone through this. I do know what you mean about the drooping of the lip. I have the same thing it's my lip and my eyebrow on the same side that's more atrophied! I also thought at first it was just the fat deflating but I noticed when I pursed my lips one side completely hung down. It looks like I had a mini stroke. She also blasted my nose and some how it looks crooked. I don't know if its bc some of the fat and tissue dissolved away changing the shape or if it actually structurally changed, either way I'm going to learn to live with that. The hardest thing to get over is the fact that I went and paid someone to permently damage me! Thank you for all the information...I'm definitely going to make a consult. I'm extremely hopeful that I'll be able to look and hopefully feel normal again! Best of luck to you with your new fat! I would love to hear an update in a few months!
Thank you for your review. I too was a victim of fat transfer promises that weren't delivered at the hands of a unskilled doctor. It's taken three years to rebuild my life and revise the damage. That said, in the right hands, a dwindled savings, and shift in career I have been able to get my life somewhat on track and put this behind me. I did micro, 5fu injectiond and fill around the lumps every 3 months. Good luck to you. .
I have totally lost faith in plastic surgeons. I went thru so many painful procedures because of the bioalcamid. Took three yrs of my life. I looked exactly like Victoria Beckham. Because of all the fillers I dont see what I used to look like. Ive lost all my confidence. Should never have listened to a "friend" who convinced me to get silicone injections and bioalcamid. Never again. Im out thousands of $.
Good post Linda6. From my understanding Bioalcamid is even worse to deal with than fat. I didn't even think it was legal in the states. I wanted to clarify that I'm using temporary filler around any of the remaining fat with success. However, even that has some risks in the wrong hands. Your note reminds us that the promise of permanent solutions can lead to a permanent problem as well! Think twice, right!
I wish that I never met this girl who turned me on to all these fillers. She told me to go for perm like silicone. I had a face that blew up and fire engine red withbpus coming out of my temples. I looked like a monster. I signed a release so I couldnt sue. The pictures are scary. Twice a week i had to get my head drained. I wanted to die I wanted to go public but was too ashamed. I wanted to expose these drs. He never did the research so he injected people who had aids for facial wasting. Everyone all over the world is suffering. No dr will touch you.
I thought Beverly Hills had the best drs. I went to Fifth Ave across from Central Park. Look at all the celebs who have screwed up their faces. If Victoria Beckham was popular ten yrs ago i would never had touched my face.
Fat transfer procedures have caused terrible results for many of us here...and by many different doctors.  The doctor who messed up my face, Dr. Chahin, was also from Beverly Hills...but this is happening across the country as well.  PS are using this procedure with abandon...and its a disaster.  They refuse to acknowledge how high the risk is for  lumping & distortion.  Instead they act like its the patients fault somehow.  I've heard the same story from dozens of other woman since I had my own horrible experience with this.  Yes some doctors are worse than others with this...IMHO the ones who use it anywhere near eyes should lose their license.  It cost me over $30,000 trying to get my eyes back to normal...& I still don't look like myself.  I finally had to give up and learn to live with what little improvement I've been able to obtain from an excellent ocular PS who has done all that is possible to fix the damage.  He said that FT should never, never be used around the eyes...lumping is basically guaranteed because of the delicate thin skin around the eye.  He's finally had to stop doing revisions for this because he got overwhelmed with patients needing repair.  For any one reading this...STAY AWAY FROM FAT TRANSFER...the result will ruin your life.
Had fat transfer to temples after staph infection from bioalcamid Got charged $5000 didnt lady even 30 days. Lumpiness and uneven. Dr Praasad did it.
Didnt last meant to say. I have a dent from the removal of ba. He took my money and didnt care. Dr Praasad here in NY has a good reputation. He shouldnt have taken me on as a patient not having the bioalcamid removal expertise. He had to redo a facelift after he never lifted the face the first time. $25,000 waste of money. He has a great bedside manner but wasnt the right dr for revisions from prior problems. Fat transfer is a waste of money. Great for the drs to make easy $