"Mommy Makeover" After Significant Weight Loss - Beverly Hills, CA

I had gastric bypass in 2005 and lost 130 pounds. ...

I had gastric bypass in 2005 and lost 130 pounds. It's almost been ten years, and even though I'm in the best shape of my life (run 4-8 miles a day), I couldn't get rid of my sad belly button (it looks like it's frowning) and my saggy boobs. I looked like I'd had children, but I'm 30 years old and never married/no kids. I was holding off on surgery so that I could have kids first, but it's looking like that might not happen, and I got tired of waiting. So.....here's to wearing a bikini for the first time in my life!

week 1 photos

day 2 bruising

Two weeks

Just started sleeping lying flat. Still needing to take Motrin every five hours and very swollen, but each day is a little better. Still can't fit into my pre op pants though :-(

week 2

3 weeks- swollen and leaking

At the 3 week mark and I'm frustrated with my recovery. My left breast started leaking a thin yellow fluid from around the nipple sutures and at the bottom of the scar. It's clearly bigger than the right so it may be infected? More troubling is that I have open wounds on my tummy suture which look nasty. The leaking from the stomach has subsided considerably. I'm sore all the time, swollen, and still can't button my pants. I feel like I look the same as week 1

First bikini ever!

The sales lady must have thought I was crazy because I was smiling and crying at the same time!

One month down!

6-weeks today

Wow, what a difference. This really took a change for the better at around Week 5. It seemed that everything got immensely better over the course of a few days. I was finally able to sleep through an entire night, and button my jeans. Now, at week six, my dresses are even a little loose on me! I started walking - very slowly at week 3, and tried to run for the first time yesterday at six weeks. It was hard - I felt like I had fluid in my lungs, and it was tight, but it felt good trying to get back out there. I only ran 1.5 miles (pre-op I was doing 8 at a time). I've still got soreness and some pain when I'm running, and my scar isn't all the way heeled, but the wounds are closing, slowly but surely. More importantly, I feel better - happier - finally got out of this really awful depressive slump. I'm getting hit on more, and for the first time ever, a guy at the bar told me I was in "great shape!" I've got a bachelorette party this weekend, and I am so excited to get to wear a bikini by the pool; I might go buy a second one tonight so I have two options! My advice to you all, the first month is soooooooo hard. But it WILL get better, and it will be so worth it.

6 week update

Healing and swelling finally going down
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon