"Mommy Makeover" After Significant Weight Loss - Beverly Hills, CA

I had gastric bypass in 2005 and lost 130 pounds. ...

I had gastric bypass in 2005 and lost 130 pounds. It's almost been ten years, and even though I'm in the best shape of my life (run 4-8 miles a day), I couldn't get rid of my sad belly button (it looks like it's frowning) and my saggy boobs. I looked like I'd had children, but I'm 30 years old and never married/no kids. I was holding off on surgery so that I could have kids first, but it's looking like that might not happen, and I got tired of waiting. So.....here's to wearing a bikini for the first time in my life!

Congrats!

week 1 photos

day 2 bruising

Hooray for you! You look fabulous. Thirty is young, so don't give up on the dream of having children, but you should enjoy the time before that, too with your new bod. :) I hope you have a fun summer in your new bikini!

Two weeks

Just started sleeping lying flat. Still needing to take Motrin every five hours and very swollen, but each day is a little better. Still can't fit into my pre op pants though :-(

week 2

3 weeks- swollen and leaking

At the 3 week mark and I'm frustrated with my recovery. My left breast started leaking a thin yellow fluid from around the nipple sutures and at the bottom of the scar. It's clearly bigger than the right so it may be infected? More troubling is that I have open wounds on my tummy suture which look nasty. The leaking from the stomach has subsided considerably. I'm sore all the time, swollen, and still can't button my pants. I feel like I look the same as week 1

You look great! You know that leaking from your tummy looks the same as what I am seeing coming from my breasts. I was worried about an infection too but I also know when you are about to form a scab your body will produce a lot of white blood cells and it looks oozy like that. I see my PS Friday so I was going to ask. Just think you are only 3 weeks post op and look how wonderful you look. I like to look at my before shots to remind me how much my body has changed. I know I still have a long road but we have come so far already! Good healing to you :)

First bikini ever!

The sales lady must have thought I was crazy because I was smiling and crying at the same time!

You look awesome where did you get your bikini?
Athleta. They mostly sell workout clothing, but they carry a fair amount of well-made swimsuits. I was going to wait for the swelling to go down more before buying anything, but they are having a 4-day 25% off sale, and they have an awesome refund policy (work it out, if it doesn't work out, bring it back). Thanks so much. I can't wait until the swelling goes down and I can start working out again to tone it up, but I'm very excited!
I actually am having leaking from my breast incision now too! It didn't start until three weeks post op, and I just started a new antibiotic today because its not nearly the same as the gooey stuff on my tummy. Gross. It's been a long recover that's for sure, and I hurt more now than I did last week because all of my nerve feelings are coming back and I'm no longer numb from the pain. I'm trying to find my "before before" shots - when I weighed 285 lbs ten years ago. I think I destroyed them all, but I wish I had kept one to at least remind me how far I've come. Hope your healing goes well too. What did you PS have to say?

One month down!

How are you feeling? You look amazing! I mean wow! I'm so happy for you. How is your tummy suture doing?
I teared up for you just thinking about you shopping for your bathing suit course I tear up several times a day lately. I am so happy for you and you look fabulous!!!! I can see the confidence all over your face :)
you look so amazing i was thinking the same after looking this good you might not want any children to mess that nice body up. wow i know your confidence is to the roof enjoy yourself this summer

6-weeks today

Wow, what a difference. This really took a change for the better at around Week 5. It seemed that everything got immensely better over the course of a few days. I was finally able to sleep through an entire night, and button my jeans. Now, at week six, my dresses are even a little loose on me! I started walking - very slowly at week 3, and tried to run for the first time yesterday at six weeks. It was hard - I felt like I had fluid in my lungs, and it was tight, but it felt good trying to get back out there. I only ran 1.5 miles (pre-op I was doing 8 at a time). I've still got soreness and some pain when I'm running, and my scar isn't all the way heeled, but the wounds are closing, slowly but surely. More importantly, I feel better - happier - finally got out of this really awful depressive slump. I'm getting hit on more, and for the first time ever, a guy at the bar told me I was in "great shape!" I've got a bachelorette party this weekend, and I am so excited to get to wear a bikini by the pool; I might go buy a second one tonight so I have two options! My advice to you all, the first month is soooooooo hard. But it WILL get better, and it will be so worth it.

Much better now at the 6 week mark. Thank you. Suture is closing up slowly, but I can see it is healing. I'm a little worried that the scar is going to be very thick, but it's all low under my panty line, so I can live with it. Small price to pay for the overall change.
I was super emotional and depressed during my first 3-4 weeks. How are you doing? Are you feeling much better?
Thank you. I"m already starting to get compliments from friends and guys when I'm out. This is going to be fun!

6 week update

Healing and swelling finally going down

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon