Mandibular (Jaw) Reduction - Beverly Hills, CA

I had mandibular (jaw) reduction surgery in 2011....

I had mandibular (jaw) reduction surgery in 2011. The entire surgery is highly-invasive and requires around at least 8 months for all swelling to go down.

The incision was made behind my ear. The purpose of this surgery was to minimize my jaw angle to give my face an overall smaller, softer look.

It has feminized my face, giving it a much less angular look. I am pleased with my results.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I decided to undergo a highly-invasive (removing bone) procedure and didn't know which doctor to go with. I am pleased to have chosen the right one because a little bit over two years later, and I am absolutely pleased with the result. Dr. Lee is a very skilled surgeon who knows the human anatomy best. He personally answered my numerous questions via e-mail, almost instantly, despite being very busy. Dr. Lee is experienced with various different surgeries, and most notably "Asian/ethnic cosmetic surgery." I have recommended him to all of my family and friends.

If you don't mind please verify the cost of $6500 was it your out of pocket or total cost with insurance. Thank you.

I'm so glad to hear that even with such a long recovery time you feel the surgery was worth it.

Do you mind me asking what the first few days after surgery were like? I'm assuming those were the hardest?

Since she didn't reply, I'll give my personal input. I just had jaw reduction like she had, along with a chin reduction. (I flew to Seoul to have it done)The worst part is waking up from General Anasthesia, lots of pain and discomfort. The first 16 hours after my surgery were almost unbearable and I kinda regretted having it done. However within a few days u will feel much more upbeat and comfortable. I'm now 8 days post-op and still swollen. For 2-3 weeks u'll still have more major swelling. After that u'll have minor swelling, which goes down over 3-6 months, according to my nurses. Hope this info helps if ure considering the surgery. :)
Hi happbunny, hope you are recovering well :) I went to Seoul to consult several surgeons but was too scared to do the jaw & chin reduction surgery. They are experienced however my main concern was having sagging skin after bone is reduced as my skin is already loose and I am 24 years old. Do you notice that ur skin isn't as tight as before? Which doctor did you go to & was he an oral & maxillofacial surgeon? Thanks :d