Worst Doctor Ever - Beverly Hills, CA

I had a liposuction with this guy on my inner and...

I had a liposuction with this guy on my inner and outer thighs, my knees, and my calves. The incision was about 1/3 inches, total of 10 incisions on my legs (he told me 8 during the consultation by the way). The way he did my stitches was VERY BAD. He did not take his time doing it. He did them carelessly, then he just rush out of there. When I got home, some of the stitches were open; I knew I will have keloids and i have keloids since then. I called them, they said it was fine. The ones on my calves and upper thighs are even worst; after they healed, they became like DARK HOLES that go into my skin. Now the whole world knows i did something to my legs since there are holes on my skin. I tried laser, and it didn't work. They said it was too dark. I couldn't wear shorts because people stare. I mean, can u blame them? These wound are just ugly and weird like someone hammering a nail into my skin.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Thanks everyone for the comments and support. I've read and are taking all your suggestion under consideration.
I am a lawyer, and I think most of you have only have yourselves to blame. I guarantee that each and every one of these doctors provided pages of paper work listing the possible benefits and potential complications of your procedures. No procedure is 100% safe or free of side effects for every individual. Some complications, like keloids, are relatively common, and I am sure that the possibility of keloids or scarring was listed in your informed consent forms, which you initial and signed. You had every opportunity to ask questions when you read those documents. My guess is that you didn't even bother to read them. The only person you have to blame for that is yourself. One of the options listed in the informed consent is that this is a VOLUNTARY surgery. You have the option to NOT have the procedures. Every single medical procedure has risks. The doctor's obligation is to inform you of those risk and to perform his work to the standard of care. Some patients are prone to keloids. I'm sorry that you were one of them. It is the risk you assumed when you agreed for the doctor to perform the surgery. If you want to prove that the doctor did not follow the standard of care, then you have every right to do so. I also imagine, however, that you signed an arbitration agreement. You likely gave up your right to a judge or jury trial, but you can have the option of having your cased decided by a an arbitration committee. The committee consists of an arbitrator that the doctor selects, one you (or your lawyer) selects, and one neutral that is assigned. If you truly believe the doctor did not perform according to industry standards, then go take a look at the paperwork you signed to see what recourse you have. My guess is you didn't even keep it......
I don't think this is helpful, you make sweeping generalisations and claims you cannot know for a fact. You weren't consulted in a professional capacity, if indeed you even are a lawyer, so I suggest you keep these comments to yourself. There may have been negligence or there may not, neither you or I are qualified to say.
Wow anti, ur hard core. And every thing about the paper work is true, u do sign away ur rights but in good faith that doctor is not gonna leave ur body in a mess. I guess my only concern is where are their morals and standard of care. Me personally I do my best at my job and would want my patients not to receive the best of care when I am in charge. That's Y This Site Is Important To Save Another And Let Then Know OR B aware. Cause u can't them do right even through ccourt, they shouldn't b allowed to practice until they can get it right.
Your hard core. We no regard to the doctor morals. I guess they don't have any
The truth is harsh sometimes. You all are assuming that just because she has keloids and scars that the surgery was botched. Keloids and scarring are a common side effect. A doctor could perform his very best and it is likely to happen. This particular doctor has performed tens and thousands of surgeries, I'm sure of it. Out of that many surgeries, unfortunately, there are going to be some patients that experience ill side effects or complications. It's statistically certain. I'm not claiming to know whether there was negligence in this case or not, but the mere fact that there are unwanted results does not prove that there was negligence. If you have proof or believe that the doctor acted outside the normal standard of care, then I am sure there are plenty of lawyers who would be willing to take a malpractice suit. The truth is, the complications she describes are within the risks of the procedures she selected, and she was well informed of (assuming she read the paperwork that I know this doctor provides). Everyone here is acted like they had a gun to their head forcing them to get these procedures. You all made the choice. The risks are documented in the paperwork you signed, and a little internet research would also let you know of the risks involved in these types of procedures. No procedure is 100% safe or effected. You took a risk because you wanted the procedure. Read the paperwork, do your research. If you wanted a 100% guarantee, then you should not have taken the risk of getting a voluntary procedure.
You're right that you dont know whether there was a negligence or not because, of course, YOU WEREN'T THERE. The only people that know about this are me, the doctor, and maybe the nurse that were helping him. And i say that he is not a good doctor for a good doctor for lipo.
To anti!!!! And maybe you didn't finish reading my whole review. He told me there would be only 8 incisions. But instead I have 10 and those are additional 2 are the ones that im having the most problem with!!!!
Also, are you just creating this account to comment on my post lol because it seems to be like that. Are you the doctor or one of his staff?
and i you read the paperwork, it says that you agree that the doctor may have to take additional measures in order to perform the procedure to the best degree possible. I doctor cannot guarantee any particular number of incisions or sutures. I did create this account to respond to you. I do not work for the doctor, but I recently had several procedures by him, including liposuction. I was fortunate to not have any complications as of yet. but I read all of the same paperwork you did and knew all the risks going in, just like you. I am well aware that I may develop keloids, so I am taking the steps he suggested to minimize scarring.
Ladies,

When you're posting on RealSelf, please be sure to read, understand and follow the Community Guidelines.

You may not agree with someone's review or comments, you may not like their point of view, but you do need to respect their right to share their story, without the fear of being attacked. If you don't agree with a review then by all means move on to another, but please do not continue to post negatively on someone else's review.  Please respect each reviewers right to share their story from their perspective.

Lets get back to what we do best- supporting one another.
From what I read, you're a lawyer and a patience that just got a liposuction from this doctor, who created this anti180 account just to respond to me because you care so much about this doctor reputations. Also you seems to be so against this voluntary surgery at your first comment and now you are saying that you just got a lipo from this doctor And, by the way, your account name is "anti180." You also said that I should blame myself that this happened to me. Lol, your attention is so confusing. If you're a lawyer then you should know about my right of speech!!! I am just writing a review about this doctor from my own experience that you know nothing about. I think you should make you own review with a lot of pictures (to make sure they are not someone else's). You can also give this doctor 5 or 100 stars how ever you like, instead of attacking me. Anyway, thank you everyone for your comments, even you anti lol. I will post follow up pictures soon. Thanks
Thank you Jill81 .... let's keep this a supportive site for everybody! thank you
Hes prob a surgeon. Lmao. Way to go Dr. Somebody is pissed at your shitty job arent they??!! Lol
I have experienced similar nightmares from physicians who manipulated me into procedures that were in their best interest and not mine. Because the Hippocratic oath is something we assume that doctors honor, we find ourselves maimed with no recourse from being told to 'wait for the swelling to go down' or 'to wait for the scarring to soften' with time periods that put us past the ability to take legal recourse. As I read more and more stories on these forums, I am concluding that unless a very large group of us come together to demand a change in the laws and file something huge, (so it is worthwhile for a law firm to be interested), people will continue to be destroyed by unethical 'practitioners'. They have our money and go on their vacations and buy their second, third and fourth homes, as we are entrapped in a cycle of trying to find recourse, which is very hard to prove, as we suffer silently from humiliation and pain, trying to heal and restabilize physically, emotionally and financially. So I'll take the first step and throw it out there that if we want to put a stop to what I deem as major fraud, we need to come together and start something for a change. The squeakiest wheel gets the oil, and power in numbers. I hope I hear from a few people. Complaining to one another does nothing, unfortunately.
The Hippocratic oath is really just a formality or a token gesture. You should look up "White Coat Ceremony" and you will see how doctors are ordained into the profession and why they see themselves as entitled and removed from the masses. I am sure not all doctors feel that way but I am willing to be many of these PSs do. ESPECIALLY ones that offer cosmetic procedures.
I can't give legal advice, but I believe that the statute of limitations runs out one year post surgery. I read a lot of reviews in which people say their doctors tell them to "wait it out for a year." Hmm. Perhaps the doctors are trying to get their distraught patients past the statute? I agree that many doctors take a weekend course, or a week of seminars; if one does enough research, you can find these courses advertised on the internet. Plastic surgeons study liposuction in school, however, they don't seem to be teaching them about the biology of fat, which is very bizarre when they are teaching them to suction it out. If they are performing an unsound surgery, how can that have a good outcome long-term? I find the videos of liposuction that I've seen to be very disturbing. The jars holding human fat and blood preposterous. The reviews of women who were harmed by liposuction by plastic surgeons and other doctors are heartbreaking. The way that harmed women report that their surgeons dealt with them after they caused permanent, significant damage is alarming. One has to wonder how this can continue to go on in this barbaric fashion? I've heard women say that they went to plastic surgeons that said liposuction is " barbaric" but they do it " because people want it."
Yes, as if fat is just like a stick of butter to be carved or that inside a butchered chicken to be cut off! Hardly! No wonder so many are suffering and have deformities.
I'm not a lawyer, so I cannot give legal advice. I was just speaking with someone this evening about the statute, (after I wrote this that I believe the statute runs out in a year), and they think that it might be possible to extend the statute by 90 days, and that the year starts on the day of discovery. I don't want to mislead anyone and have them miss the chance for legal action if they have been harmed. I know more about the biology of fat (which is in my field of study) than about the legal matters.
And now the very thing that left me with freddie kruger lines under my glutes is the only thing that can fix it....doing lipo to take fat from somewhere to try n blend it to look half way decent again. It will take women to fix this. Shouldnt be any more surgeries signing papers for drs ok to hack u up. If they know they can suck...they should go find another job. Period!!
Oh my, i know how u feel. As time goes on, i can c more thngs of concerns daily
So so sorry this has been done to you. I ask everyone this but is it possible you can file a malpractice suit? Or at least a complaint? No one should ever have this kind of result given the day and age of medicine. But then again, these procedures go against what is considered 'medicine.' And doctors operate outside of any control board and because it's hard to sue them (especially given the misleading 'informed consent' form which only protects them), they get away with it. I hope we can all start to band together and hold these practitioners responsible and stop letting them profit off our misery. It will really take a large movement to get this to change. I really hope you find a solution; I hope you keep us updated.
I'm with you Sundogcoyote! All of these surgeons must be (should be) registered/licensed with the Board of cosmetic surgeons and other medical boards. Even if the boards can not help with recourse, if enough complaints are filed the board would have to look into the surgeon's practices to be sure they have licensed a person with a legal medical degree or to determine if the person is a fraud! We do sign those papers that says the doctor is not responsible, but we are talking about unusual disfiguring outcomes. If it can be shown that the doctor did not follow established medical procedures or just don't know what hell he/she is doing (fraud) then obviously there is recourse and it's called a malpractice lawsuit!
Well board certified ones are sometimes the worst ones. I'm not sure the answers but someone I know suggested video-taped sessions where the doctor explains procedures etc. Transparent informed consent forms (blood clots could happen? How often, why? etc.) Video taping the procedure too could provide evidence. There are ways to increase transparency but... the doctors won't want it. However, don't the police videotape all their interactions? It protects everyone. How are doctors different from police? Also a use of checklists works (a lot of doctors don't want to use them; they think they don't need to). Of course, liposuction itself is a bad scientifically unsound procedure. I was never told what it would do to my body. Now I have to live with the consequences.
I agree