Lip Lift Scarred - Scar Revision Surgery - Beverly Hills, CA

I had a lip lift done overseas in May 2013 and...

I had a lip lift done overseas in May 2013 and ended up with scar on my upper lip area. The top half of my upper lip turned rubbery and white lining scar developed on my vermellion border area. I was devastated. In August 2013, I saw a surgeon in San Francisco but this surgeon told me that not much could be done until February 2014 at which point I can have a lip revision surgery. It looked like there was not much that can be done. I researched online for several days and found Dr. Moelleken. He treated my scar and it drastically reduced my scar in a couple of months.

I decided to have lip revision surgery done with Dr. Moelleken to remove the scar. It was done in mid January 2014 and it is healing nicely. It has been less than 2 weeks and already it is looking good. I trust Dr. Moelleken and am glad I found him.

I'm glad you were able to improve your scar! Do you have photos you'd be comfortable putting up of your lips? We'd love to visualize what you're describing. :)

Here are some photos

Here are some photos of before and after

Hello, the revision looks much better than the initial work. Thank you for showing this. It appears as though it will heal quite nicely too. May I ask, who was your surgeon overseas, was it a military doctor? Was he/she board certified and experienced in this type of surgery? What made you chose the dr who performed the initial surgery? What do you think contributed to the first result? If you know or remember were staples used, tissue glue, fine sutures, a beveled incision? What did Dr Brent think contributed to the first result? Thank you.
Really great questions, Gwyneth! I think the answers would help steer us in the right direction for a first-time surgery.
He's done a good job. Good luck and happy healing!
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon