Dr. Taban & Orbital Decompression Surgery Changed My Life! - Beverly Hills, CA

When I first noticed my eyes changing because of...

When I first noticed my eyes changing because of my Graves Eye Disease (or Thyroid Eye Disease), I was so depressed. I'm a woman so yes, it was difficult to accept. I felt disfigured. When outdoors, I would not be caught dead without sunglasses. Not only aesthetically, but the pain that comes with Graves Eye Disease made it difficult to be awake. I suffered from constant orbital pressure/pain, dry, scratchy eyes. All in all, the worst time of my life.

I did some research on orbital decompression and figured it was too invasive too pursue. It freaked me out a bit. Until I met Dr. Taban. Dr. Taban is incredibly professional and a bit of a savant in his field. He has the unique balance of compassion and professionalism, usually rare among surgeons. I immediately felt comforted by him and I knew that he would do whatever it takes to make it better.

I had the surgery in April of 2012. I was out of work for about 2 weeks. I felt immediate relief from the constant pain, soreness and pressure I felt in my eyes! It was incredible. As the weeks went by, I started to see the bulging go away! I couldn't believe it. I felt like a new person. I'm no longer afraid of taking off my sunglasses or of taking a picture with my toddlers. Aside from the results, Dr. Taban was there every step of the way. He called constantly checking on my progress, making sure he answered any question I had. He exceeded any expectations I had about the surgery and about his service level.

There have been many medical advances and now, the orbital decompression surgery is not as invasive as it was a few years ago. Nevertheless, you want to see the best and I really do think there's no one better than Dr. Taban. I respect Dr. Taban so much for his expertise, professionalism and compassion. I would recommend him to anyone researching any type of Oculoplastic surgery, knowing what a sensitive and difficult decision it could be. Good luck!

Thank you for giving me my confidence back Dr. Taban!
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon