Dr. Taban & Orbital Decompression Surgery Changed My Life! - Beverly Hills, CA

When I first noticed my eyes changing because of...

When I first noticed my eyes changing because of my Graves Eye Disease (or Thyroid Eye Disease), I was so depressed. I'm a woman so yes, it was difficult to accept. I felt disfigured. When outdoors, I would not be caught dead without sunglasses. Not only aesthetically, but the pain that comes with Graves Eye Disease made it difficult to be awake. I suffered from constant orbital pressure/pain, dry, scratchy eyes. All in all, the worst time of my life.

I did some research on orbital decompression and figured it was too invasive too pursue. It freaked me out a bit. Until I met Dr. Taban. Dr. Taban is incredibly professional and a bit of a savant in his field. He has the unique balance of compassion and professionalism, usually rare among surgeons. I immediately felt comforted by him and I knew that he would do whatever it takes to make it better.

I had the surgery in April of 2012. I was out of work for about 2 weeks. I felt immediate relief from the constant pain, soreness and pressure I felt in my eyes! It was incredible. As the weeks went by, I started to see the bulging go away! I couldn't believe it. I felt like a new person. I'm no longer afraid of taking off my sunglasses or of taking a picture with my toddlers. Aside from the results, Dr. Taban was there every step of the way. He called constantly checking on my progress, making sure he answered any question I had. He exceeded any expectations I had about the surgery and about his service level.

There have been many medical advances and now, the orbital decompression surgery is not as invasive as it was a few years ago. Nevertheless, you want to see the best and I really do think there's no one better than Dr. Taban. I respect Dr. Taban so much for his expertise, professionalism and compassion. I would recommend him to anyone researching any type of Oculoplastic surgery, knowing what a sensitive and difficult decision it could be. Good luck!

Thank you for giving me my confidence back Dr. Taban!
wow,what a great review. im so very happy for you. you have regained your confidence and sound so pleased,it warms my heart. congratulations
Glad to hear you got your life back after Thyroid Eye Disease. It has been the worst period of my life too, I can really relate. Very happy for you! Take care.
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon