Implants Removed Today...and I Am Thrilled to Breathe Again! Dr. Anita Patel is a God-Send! - Beverly Hills, CA

I am 42 years old and got breast implants 3.5...

I am 42 years old and got breast implants 3.5 years ago due to lumpy pitted breasts. My implants NEVER felt good, my arms,shoulders, underarms, chest and muscles ached daily. I developed a facial and chest rash within a few day after getting the implants and my inflammation levels have been elevated since surgery as well. Being positive and wanting to believe that the implants would "settle" in -- I fought it out for the first year without resolve. It took me about 2 1/2 years to FINALLY find a PS I was not only comfortable with, but one who would not question my decision to remove my implants and one who would not try to push smaller implants, or a lift if one was not needed.

On April 18th I met with Dr. Anita Patel at ROX. WOW, I finally felt as if someone was listening and understood my concerns. Dr. Patel is extremely down to earth and grounded. She is an excellent listener and really wants to understand all concerns and opinions a patient shares. Dr. Patel NEVER attempted to push any other procedures, nor did she ever mention smaller implants...she knew that when I said I want them out...I meant it.

Surgery was scheduled quickly, which I appreciated. So this afternoon the implants went bye-bye... things went extremely well. I have minimal discomfort and should get my drains out within 7-14 days. Dr. Patel and her entire nursing staff, reception staff and Jenny her consultation nurse where all absolutely amazing!!! I feel very blessed to have found Dr. Patel and her gifted, skilled hands.

Follow up appointment tomorrow at noon. More to come...

One week post-op and feeling great! I've had two...

One week post-op and feeling great! I've had two follow up appointments with Dr. Patel since my surgery last Monday. My drains were removed Thursday afternoon and my healing is progressing rapidly. I was pleasantly surprised how good my breasts look after toting around 450cc implants. I am by no measure needing, or wanting perfection...but I am very, very happy with the early results. It is so nice to wake up and take a deep breathe, to walk around and not feel top-heavy! I am so happy with my decision to have the implants removed and thrilled with my choice to use Dr. Patel and her remarkable team. More updates to come.

So happy to be FREE from bolders!!!

I am just over the two week post-op mark and I feel great! My breast tissue has filled out a bit more, which I did not expect this early on. My breasts are tender still...kind of like the PMS tenderness. I am sure this is due to my body, muscle and tissue readjusting and relaxing. Removal was the best decision for me and my total wellness. I am just so grateful to have had an outstanding PS supporting me along my journey...and all the wonderful ladies on this site!
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Patel is absolutely amazing! I interviewed many surgeons and no one could touch her compassionate, genuine personality. Dr. Patel takes her time during the consultation, you are never rushed. She is very detailed when explaining the procedures, prep and recovery. She is real...not pretentious, no inflated ego and zero God complex. Dr. Patel cares about every person who takes the time to come to her clinic. Throughout my pre-op, surgery and post-op Dr. Patel's exceptional care was displayed without waiver. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone considering the services of a PS to contact her...it will be worth your time. Thank you Dr. Patel!!!!!

Your review is extremely helpful. I have 350cc's and have saline implants under the muscle.I've had them for 14 years now. I got them after breast feeding my first child and breast fed my second with implants. So I went from a small B to a full D. I've had no complications, but now they have that Snoopy look. I can definitely hold a few pencil's under my breasts. I'm just kinda over them now. I see all these cute tops and dresses I would love to wear,but can't because of my boobs. Everything has to fit over them. I've become more active and they are just in the way. I worry too about how they will look once the implants are out, like all stretched out or something. Your surgery looks like it came out great. Could you tell me what cup size you are now post removal?
Oh my the bandages and drains looked like no fun, but you look amazing now!! Congrats :)
The drains are the worst part--they are just awkward. Thank you for the kind words!
You look wonderful AngelVictoria! I had my 350cc implants removed 26 days ago and I'm feeling better already than I have in years!! Congrats Darlin'
Thank you bird7!! Life is great with out my extra "baggage". So happy to hear you are feeling better. I would love to hear more about your continued journey...keep me posted.
Will do AV ;)
I'm beginning to realize that the cause of my exhaustion when shopping and doing housework may be having these bags on my chest causing shortness of breathe and pain across my back where my bra strap sits.. Gee, if these discomforts go away with explantation I will feel like a new woman. Yipeeee!! Your outcome is beautiful and I'll bet your enjoying deep breathes again. Yes, it's a blessing to have the best PS you can find., so important for peace of mind... Much happiness and blessings for uneventful healing. Keep us posted. I'm doing my thing May 14, & can't wait...hug zz to u Angelface
Thank you for your kind post. I really forgot what it was like to take a deep cleansing breathe! I am small framed and my body was not meant for extra "baggage". I experienced immediate relief. Please keep me posted on your journey, I am here cheering you on!! Love and blessings
Adorable outcome, be sure to wear compression bra so your girls will fill in when the fluff fairy visits. :0) you are very blessed . Keep us posted , God bless. Angelface
LOL..wearing one! Thank you so much.
You look so much better without implants. Isn't a wonderfule feeling to be free from the weight of them? It was the first thing I noticed. Congrats and continued healthy healing to you.
Thank you! I feel better as well...the relief was immediate. I am thankful for you journey and spreading the word to those who are considering implants. It is not a decision to take "lightly". :)
You look amazing , I know what you mean now about implants ,I don't have much experience with them because mine haven't been in that long but I'm not willing to wait on problems to arise . My hb thinks its all a waste of money just removing them so fast but I told him in the future this will be best thing I've ever done and it will save us just wait and see I'm not willing to put my body through more surgerys for boobs.
Little bell, thank you very much! You are making the right decision -- as the longer you wait the harder the process is. Since the implants are fairly "young" your skin will bounce back well. I only had mine 3 1/2 years paid about $6500 to get them, so I too struggled with the thought of wasting my money. In the end, I was really wasting my life being uncomfortable and I could not put a value on getting my life back.
You look beautiful, natural and much more consistent with your body frame! Woo hoo! Can't wait to join you on Monday!!
Thank you Explanting Texan!!! PLEASE keep me updated on your "release". I am excited for you to feel the freedom! Let me know if I can assist you at all. Blessings to you. I will be praying for you.
Definitely! I cannot wait to experience the freedom of small/tiny breasts again!
I am getting excited for you!! Monday is almost here... You have been in my thoughts and prayers!
Yea!! I'm so excited!!
You look great. Congrats.
Happiness for you with little discomfort healing.....so glad you found a high pro PS.. Sometimes, we just are not meant to have foreign material in our bodies...I am so pleased that you are on your way to a healthy life...
Thank you angelface1 for your kind words and thoughts. I am feeling great having them out! One week post-op and really happy.
You are so right. My body resisted the implants and showed my the signs. I am so happy to have pushed the reset button. I appreciate your continued kindness and support.

I'm happy for you that you found a doctor you feel so comfortable with! How are you feeling today?