explanted and horrifed

I elected to have BA saline in July 2011, went...

I elected to have BA saline in July 2011, went from A cup to C. Nearly immediately got capsular contracturr in both breasts. Had revision in March-2102 and under advise of MD went bigger-stayed with saline this time under muscle. Again got CC right away in both. The pain in my right breasted was unbearable immediately. I had a stabbing pain in the right breast and MD said to take ibruprofin.

Finally had explanation and capsules removed. It has been a nightmare made worse by his employees who are inept.

I will be paying off the $7500- and resulting hospital fees for years, am scarred and smaller and shaggier, am 50 in 2 weeks.

It's been 3 weeks since my saline implants were...

It's been 3 weeks since my saline implants were explanted along with a full capsulectomy and major scar tissue removal. My breasts look frighteningly disgusting. My right nipple has a thick mass under it and almost seems to be folded in to itself. When I lift my arms each breast looks like it's actually two tiny little blobs with a crease just under the nipple.

I'm smaller now than I ever was - went into surgery as a 36 AB, and now, I'm not even sure I'd fill an A cup.

It's been 5 weeks since my Saline Implants were...

It's been 5 weeks since my Saline Implants were explanted due to very severe capsular contracture. I cry every night - not because the implants are out - for that I'm grateful as I'm pain free. I cry because now I am Frankenstein. Not only am I flat chested again, but my breasts have collapsed inside themselves.

My surgeron has asked me to massage massage massage - but I'm so scared I'm permanently disgusting.

Actually, January 30th is six weeks since my...

Actually, January 30th is six weeks since my explant, not 5 weeks. After 4 weeks I thought things would get better (see the photos) but not.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

He is lovely and a good surgeon. I think my case is highly unusual, and I don't have faith that even someone as talented as he is, can ever fix me.

I totally see progress. You're looking so much softer in the newer pics. Hang in there, we're always our own worst critics. I contemplated getting implants for years but after being days away from surgery on 2 separate occasions, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm 32 and a 34B and have learned there's nothing wrong with being a "tight little package" lol
Is this ps a board certified surgeon? I'm so very sorry you are going thru this. I've been considering a ba and your post is an eye opener for sure.sending you a cyber hug
You are NOT alone. I too had the same Exact thing happen except my natural breast are much larger & my crease is on the bottom so my breast 'fold' at the bottom & it's like my scar tissue is pulling both what's left of my breast and my skin. I get severe pain mainly around my cycle. If you find a doctor to help you PLEASE post info & results. I have had this issue for 10yrs & it caused me serious depression (which I got help with: therapy & anti-depressants) and now I can look in the mirror without crying. I use to cry anytime I had to see my breast. So I truly understand.
How are you doing? Im in cali also and came across something that helped me.
whatsup rowdy is badbreast job
Hello thank-you for sharing i do know how you feel my 4 surgery nightmare with dr foster has not end yet i just we to my dr and was told we still cant do surgery ,he wants to wait until the end of the year .the left side hasnt healed right it has been just about a year and waiting until dec will be 1year and 6 months .i had big breast all my life and i have none right now ,my husband and i dont have sex to much because i dont feel pretty anymore and i know he loves me but i know i am not turning him on . i want so much to have breast again .but when i seen the dr a week ago it was bad news ,my first thought was will this every end. i hate what dr foster did to me .but theres nothing i can do about it .my dr ask me if i was okay .knowing how hard this has been for me .my first word out of my mouth was .i have to be brave and look to my future and i tell you its very hard .,but i have to. i have no reason to give up . you to will find the strength to move forward. you need to asked your self is my dr the best .have you went to get a second a opinion .please do my dr is awesome who fix all dr foster damage .he is in san diego please see him he real cares about you .him and hes hole staff dr pousti. look on hes site see the great work he does .i am traveling 1700 miles to see him after all i went thought i want the best . what every you decide i will be checking on you to see how you are doing .hang in there .someday we will both have beautiful breast again .
Rowdy, What did you do to fix your breasts after the explant?  Did you see the fat transfer section on real self?  Could this help you? Amelia
i couldnt do fat transfer .first the doctor had to fix all the damage done ,bye removing expanders and implants .since they were high in chest and displace wrong there was muscle damage and who knows what else.a implant being displace can cause lots of damage .the dr had to cut from clevage to about , 3 inches two my side from where my breast is .lets say from about under the arm to the center of my breast .if this makes sence.i have lots of scars .but he will do scar revision . the scars are the least of my problems .he could maybe do fat transter in a while but i dont want to do more surgerys that i have to . in dec we will do saline implants as far as i can go savely .i hope he can get to 1000 cc but i might be asking a lot .there are no breast to work with .but they are beautiful he .made them perfect .dr pousti has now a perfect foundation to work with .hes great .i just wish i didnt have too wait any longer but i know hes is looking out for me ,if i am not ready and he feels that i sould wait than thats want i im going to do .he save me !!! i was in so much pain and i will thank him over and over again for that and for making my breast beautiful .they are little tiny breast but .he did want he had to to fix me .hang in there i will be think of you
Thank you so much for being so brave to share your story and your pictures! It is good to see the negative effects this elective surgery can do. With all the great outcomes it becomes so easy to overlook what could go wrong. Thanks for opening my eyes to what can happen! Hope everything gets better for you!
p.s. You obviously have reason to feel very sad. Please see a counselor and seek help if you are suicidal. We care about you and want you to feel well again. I am hoping maybe the fat transfer to the breast could help you. I know Lauren Greenburg is a plastic surgeon in California ( Palo Alto) who does fat transfers to the breast. I actually live in Maryland and I did a phone interview with her and she seemed really caring but straight forward about how much she would be able to help. There was no charge for the phone interview. Also, see Beagle Baby's blog in the fat transfer section. She was explanted and her one breast was completely caved in. SHe & I have both used the Brava Bra system. I think it could help suction your breasts out. See her photos and research the Brava Bra and Dr. Khouri (in Miami) who created it.
I just want to get hit by a truck. I hate myself, I hate my body, I hate my stupid mind for making this decision for implants in the first place. I'm tired of crying every day and am sick to my stomach whenever I look in the mirror - and believe me - I divert my eyes at every opportunity. I have lived looking like a freak for nearly 2 years, I'm sick and I'm tired and I just cannot see anything positive. It's just not there.
Tina, I am very sorry this happened to you. Have you read the "fat transfer" section on real self? There are a few ladies who had your situation and had several fat transfers to the breast to fix the cc. We also have several ladies who used to have implants and have done the fat transfer to the breast. I am trying to think if maybe this could help your situation? Kind regards.
Every time I see one of these explant pictures, I think they look better after the explant, and you are no exception. We place way too much importance on boobs. I watched "girl with the pearl earring" last night and in that movie, covering hair was considered the height of modesty, and that's what boobs are in our culture--just a made-up sex thing. Try to love your body, including your boobs. They're part of you, and it's all part of the journey. I'm being explanted in 3 weeks, so I understand the feelings, but I'm just not giving my boobs any more of my mental energy. They've cost me enough.
Hi..I see your response to this young woman is kind.  She has not posted in a long time and I am concerned about her.  Have you read the fat transfer section on real self?  Alot of women were explanted and then did a fat transfer to the breast.  It is an option if you are not happy with your explant.  Thought I'd mention it. Amelia
Thank you Amelia for your kind words. I have read about the fat transfer and thankfully there is a light in my heart that keeps me going daily (my son). I still cannot bear to look at myself naked - I cannot allow the love of my life to look at me - not for fear of judgment, but for the absolute horror and shame I have at my body. Look, I'm 50 years old - so it's a tough age as the body changes - am hanging in there. I know what 'whatwasithinking' means by saying we should just love our bodies - but having breasts that are inside out make it really really hard to love. I wish you peace and happiness all.
Your welcome Tina.  I agree it is hard to love yourself when you are dealing with what you are dealing with.  Do you think the fat transfer is something that could work for you or something you would consider?  Did you see Beagle Baby's blog and the other woman that had breasts as yours look now?  I am glad to hear from you and know that you are okay.  I am glad you have your son & husband who love you very much.  50 is young..I am 46 so close to you!  But seriously, I agree 50 & near 50 is VERY hard.  I hate it!  Everyday I consider getting a facelift.  It is especially hard for women because we are so judged by society for our looks.  Best to do as you say, focus on your light that keeps you going.
Thanks so much for sharing..I'm so sorry this happened to you. :(
I was happy too,when all the pain went away ,i hud the doctor and said thank-you ,he knew i was in pain .the implant was to my side so bad that i wore a bra for over a year .night and day i couldnt take it off it hurt so bad .when the surgery was over .i cry because i had no breast and i had breast all my life.and they were big .but since i was getting older i wanted then fuller .and because of dr foster i have no breast .sometimes i am really sad i know my husband dont find be as sexy anymore ,but i know he loves me so much .but i wont stop until i get breast again ,so i can feel good not only in my heart but my mind.so dont give up after you heel .youll make it thought all the bad wish you well .i will wait to see how your doing .
I am so sorry to hear about everything you went through ,i really feel your pain .i too went down a bad road .i will be thinking of you .wish you well
I am so sorry to hear about your ordeal. You are living my biggest fear. It really is a crap shoot, isn't it? I'm scheduled for Monday. Praying you have a speedy recovery. You have a good attitude. We forget that things can go wrong even with a very competent doctor. Unfortunately, no one knows who is going to develop CC. Wishing you the best of luck.
I am really sorry to hear your story too. I keep trying to think what I would do. I had tubler and saggy breast (asymmetrical too). It's really impressive what a surgeon who has a real talented eye coupled with a top of the line experience, qualification and reputation can do without even using an implant. Maybe it's a thought for the future as you deserve to be happy!
Thank you for your reply. Can you tell me more about what you did without implants?
Oh I actually did get an implant but I also got a lift and areola reduction. When I first started thinking about have a breast lift/augmentation, I was concerned that my body would not accept the implants. When I realized what a nice result you can have without an implant (with a lift) I thought about just reshaping my breast and making them pretty. I am a firm believer in quality over quantity ; ) Instead of feeling that you went backwards from where you started and as though you have to live with it, when/if you are up to it, I can not see why not seek out a doctor who specializes in reconstruction (not sure if I am using the right term) but basically, someone who can take what you have and re-shape them. Maybe an implant is not for you but at least you will feel confident in their appearance. It must feel really dim right now - but so many ladies go in with such different and dramatic situations. Surely yours in not something impossible!
Sooo sry this happen to u omg
holy crap WOW...this is what Iam most scared of...I still cant figure out if I want to get bigger boobs (Im five nine and a half and 125 pounds) small B cup...:( I am sorry this happened to you, I agree with Kooberry SUE the crap outta that doc!