I Want BEWBIES!!! - Beverly Hills, CA

I love that this forum exists, with real...

I love that this forum exists, with real experiences and photos vs. the typical before/after photos on Dr's own websites. I'm hooked on reading about others' adventures to Boobieland, and it's especially awesome and helpful to follow along with those who started out with the same basic height/weight/size as me.

Unfortunately, it may be up to another year before I can even schedule this procedure, as I've been prioritizing other expenses, but I have FINALLY decided that I am sure I want to do this. Certainly, even the best augmentations still have a hint of 'fakeness,' (too round on top, too much space in between, etc.) but I still feel they would look better than what I have now.

I'm headed into my mid 30s, am 5'7.5" and fluctuate between 125-130lbs, staying in pretty good shape. I've never had kids and do not plan to. I don't know my exact bra size, but would approximate a 34, large A? I've attached front/left/right angles of my chest now. I've always been generally happy with the shape and perkiness of my breasts, but find them disproportionate with my butt and thighs. I'm also self-conscious about the size of my nipples, they seem way too large for my breast size (they were this size before the piercings). From an artistic aesthetic, bigger breasts are a MUST to balance everything out.

I am undecided as to the size I want in the end, probably a medium-full C? I don't know about which incision area will be best for me, but think I want to go with silicone under the muscle. My main concern is a natural look, with a nice slope up top and fullness on the bottom only. I'm also very concerned about a 'hard' gap between my breasts, which always seems to be the biggest fake boobie giveaway in girls I see. My chest sometimes looks a bit bony, so I'm trying to do more pushups to smooth that out.

I've done some Dr. research, and have narrowed it down to 2 in Beverly Hills and 1 in Pasadena, whose works seems to yield VERY natural-looking results. One of them does "flash recovery" which allegedly damages the tissues less and allows for better healing. This appeals to me, as I have always bruised easily. As mentioned earlier, it will be a while before I get my boobies, so any advice along the way (especially from girls who started out looking like me) will be greatly appreciated!

are u going to keep you nipple rings in after u get your implants?
I plan to, yes.

Scheduled 1st Consultation!

It may be a while before I can actually have this done, but I'm visiting with the Dr. ASAP. August 19th! I've been back and forth over a BA for years and have done a TON of research, trying to find the most natural-looking results. I even considered fat-transfer augmentation for a while, though that seems like a very expensive solution yielding minimal results that may also fade away.

So, after looking at dozens of Dr.s and HUNDREDS and hundreds of boobs, I am 90% sure I that Dr. David E. Kim will be the one. I scoured his videos and Before/Afters and compiled this collage of girls who started out more or less like me, with the results I hope for (attached). Undecided if a full C will be too much (I always read about girls wishing they went bigger and can only assume that will happen to me?).

Dr. Kim's work looks phenomenal. I've heard he is more expensive than others, but for good reason. He is an artist. The price tag will prevent me from having my boobies anytime soon and I will surely have to go the financing route, but I refuse to skimp on anything that permanently alters my appearance!

Thank you for starting your journey on RealSelf. You're wise to start your research early. Here is a list of important questions to ask your PS during your consult. You may be familiar with most of these terms, but just in case, here is our new Guide to Breast Aug Slang! Let me know what you think and be sure to keep us posted!

Thanks, Beth! - though you have the wrong Dr. listed for me. It should be Dr David E. Kim in Beverly Hills: http://www.realself.com/find/California/Beverly-Hills/Plastic-Surgeon/David-Kim

Thank you for catching that! I have linked the correct PS for you! ;)

08.19.13 - My First BA Consult!

Had my first ever BA consultation on August 19th. It will be a long while before I can afford the procedure, but what's to keep me from talking to the PS to tide me over?

I'd done a lot of research on Dr. David E. Kim before ever visiting his office in Beverly Hills, so I thought I knew what to expect. At first, things felt a little 'off' - his waiting room was nice, though smaller than it looked in photos and videos. Strange observation, I know. I had a noon appointment, but so did 5 other girls, apparently (not wonderful when parked in a pricey garage!). I had gotten there about 15mins early, but waited out front for a good 30mins before being called into a back consultation room, where I waited for what seemed like another good 30mins. It was freezing. Finally, Dr. Kim came in rather unceremoniously (but after everything I read about his alleged 'horrible' bedside manners, I knew what to expect. Honestly, I don't care/need a super friendly Dr. - I need an artist). He told me to remove my top and don the paper gown. When he returned to examine my breasts, he suddenly became very relatable, as if the boobies suddenly presented a connection for him. I get this - it's how he relates.

After a fairly crappy wait in the beginning, I have to say the rest of the consultation was very rewarding and exactly what I hoped for! He made me feel awesome, actually, and had nothing but good things to say about the shape of my breasts and the proportions of the rest of my body (where I have always been more critical). He was very easy to talk to, and having spent so much time on the boobie forums, I could quickly express what I wanted in his language. I originally thought I wanted moderate profile implants for the most natural look, but holding one up to myself, noticed it was SUPER wide across my chest. HP still left me with more gap than I want. Mod+ it is! I told him I thought I wanted somewhere between a medium - full C (he though around 370cc would get me there), but I will probably go closer to 400 for a very full C. ;) I was surprised at how soft and squishy the Natrelle silicone implants are - AWESOME.

So, the final quote will be $8150. Want to find a way to make this happen ASAP, but it feels irresponsible to focus on this when I have so many other expenses. Damnit.

Oh, and I liked the fact that Dr kim was a unsocial weirdo. Wouldn't want him to be overly friendly. Then it would seem like he's trying to sell something. Lol
I just read your whole story. I'm a fast reader. Lol. Totally feel you on wanting everything to balance out. I notice that when I don't wear a padded bra I look fatter even though I'm not fat at all. When I have a padded bra on I look more like a woman but even with pads when I'm with my hub I feel uncomfortable to take off my shirt. You're right! Even though it may look fake... Because it's a thin line, they still will be better than what we got now. Which is none. Lol
Hi there, I believe you asked bout my size and I'm 375 mod + silicone. I'm a full C small D. Good luck! :)

It's FINALLY HAPPENING!!!

I fixed my credit and got approved instantly by Care Credit after calling in to re-apply today!

Pre-op, May 19th! Surgery, June 6th! Almost one year after my first consult, and I will have amazing boobs by Dr. David E. Kim - WOOHOO!!

And the countdown starts!

I want Dr. Kim as my BA doctor to but it's just too far and expensive. I'll have to wait and see if I can afford that much by next year. Good luck look forward to hearing all about the awesome work he does, seems to do a great job.

"Some Day" is now TOMORROW!!!

Last August, I was sure boobies were a distant possibility. Can't believe tomorrow, June 6th (D DAY!) is finally my turn. I've spent the past year obsessing over boobs - now maybe my awesome new rack will be an inspiration to others. ;)

Pre-op on May 19th was relatively quick and painless. Tons of paperwork and lots of blood drawn. Was satisfying to be able to pay in full (I called Care Credit to request an increase to $7k, so they covered almost all of it). I didn't get to go over everything I hoped to with Dr. Kim, so will need to make sure I have a chance tomorrow.

It's getting very real. Dr's office called today at 11:30 to give me my 'boobie call time' - 1PM tomorrow. I really wanted an early morning operation, but as I understand it, they start the day with longer, more involved procedures like tummy tucks, nose jobs and various combined operations. I am told I should be done and cleared to leave by 4:30. Just excited to get this over with! Tonight, I have to take my nipple rings out, wash in anti-bacterial soap and try to sleep! Tomorrow at 11, I need to take the anti-nausea pill they prescribed (crazy-expensive for one pill. :p) As can be expected, I'm still fretting over CCs - I want full C - very small D and am thinking 397 or 421 in the Natrelle. I totally forgot to ask if Dr. Kim uses anatomicals - which would be ideal for the natural look I'm hoping for. I've decided to just take my boobspiration pics in and trust him to transform me - wish me luck!

Hope all went well, now you just have to sit back, relax and let the healing begin!
Thinking about you this morning sending prayers for a fast recovery.

I've got BEWBIES!!!

(One month and one week later - I've been hesitant to update with new photos here, as this site is not as secure and private as some of the other BA forums - so my image contributions here will be limited, sorry! If you wish to see additional progress shots, please contact me privately.)

Run-down of my experiences from day of surgery onward:

DAY 1: Friday, June 6th, 2014. Surgery day! My call time was 1PM, so I had to fast for 8 hours beforehand. I didn't want to be overwhelmed with thirst or hunger, so I set an alarm for early that AM and had a protein shake to tide me over. BF drove me to Beverly Hills a bit early, as he had to work, so I lounged in the courtyard of the medical building for a bit and deliberated over CCs - finally decided on the 421s. I'd taken the emend anti-nausea pill around 11AM as instructed.

Went up to the waiting room a bit before 1PM, and after a bit was visited by my nurse, who went over some things before escorting me back to the changing room. Put my clothes and belongings into a locker, donned a gown, cap, paper panties, compression stockings and blue fuzzy socks (guess I didn't need to bring my own afterall), then peed in a cup for a pregnancy test. Nurse took me over to a bed and had me sign my life away one last time before hooking me up to an IV and going over another very long list of things that would happen next: things I needed to avoid, so on and so forth. Then, I waited. The girls who went before me said some pretty funny sh*t upon waking from anesthesia.

Finally, it was my turn. After a short visit from the anesthesiologist, Dr. Kim came out very briefly to take my before pictures, at which time I was able to show him my inspiration pics. I let him know that the 421 mod+ I’d seen on other girls my height and build seemed right, and he said, “So you just want me to stick those in?” I was a little dismayed at that reaction and was feeling nervous and rushed, and made sure to tell him, “Well, at your discretion - please use what you think looks best on my frame.” I trusted his judgment to get me close to the Full C I was after, and he said he would use sizers and see which were closest to the photos I showed him. So that was that. I was then walked back to the OR, placed on the table and went to sleep for the last time without boobies.

After what felt like five seconds later, I was waking in the recovery bed with the nurse telling me that my BF was downstairs waiting - we had been told I’d be out by 4:30, and it was already well past that. I remember asking her what he’d given me - I got the 421s after all - then getting dressed in a fog and being wheeled down to the front of the building. There were a ton of paparazzi as we headed out to the curb, and I remember the nurse telling me that Paris Hilton just walked by - oh yay.

I remember being pretty lucid on the car ride home, though I was wrapped up like a mummy and the bumps in the road did hurt. It was weird touching the bandages and feeling mounds that were flesh underneath and not foam. At home, I went straight to bed, propped up against pillows with everything I needed scattered around me. I tried to remain conscious enough to browse one of the BA forums, but just kept drifting off in the middle of things like someone in an old folks home. ;p

As far as pain, my breasts hurt very minimally. My head, neck and back were the most sore - and I cannot stress this enough: MY THROAT HURT SO BAD! One thing they do NOT tell you is that during surgery, you will have a TUBE DOWN YOUR THROAT! Not only did this creep me out when I learned of it afterwards, but my throat was dry and horribly scratchy afterward. :/ Besides the back aches and migraine, my throat was the most painful part of my recovery.

DAY 2: Saturday, first PO appointment. Bumps in the road hurt even more today. This visit was very short - Dr. Kim only saw me long enough to remove my bandages and fit me into my surgical compression bra. Holy torpedoes! My new boobs looked huge and awkward and cartoony when I saw them for the first time - and Dr. Kim used the words “large implants”, which freaked me out and made me start second-guessing my decision. He instructed me to start light massages on Monday. I had purchased a black Marena bra on Amazon in my pre-op size as instructed, so ordered a small, but the elastic band was way too tight. I went home and ordered the medium, but had to endure the tighter one for the first week. I spent a lot of time in front of the mirror that night, worrying I had overdone it. I was probably drained and emotional from the meds and the whole experience, but it wasn’t a pleasant feeling.

WEEK 1: The first few days were probably the most rough, physically and emotionally. My throat hurt for three days after surgery, my entire body was achy. My boobs themselves were just slightly sore, but really swollen and of everything on my chest, my sternum hurt the most. It felt bruised, puffy and raised, and I was paranoid about symmastia. My breast bone and cleavage also made a weird bubbling noises when I touched them - wtf? I’ve been instructed to sleep on my back for three months, and after the doped-up feeling wore off, sleep became more and more difficult. I’ve been cutting up Tylenol PM and taking pieces just to sleep through the night. I admit to ‘cheating’ at times and rotating my spine into a ¾ position, with a body pillow stuffed under the sides of my boobs for support. Just can’t get to sleep otherwise. :/ Throughout the week, I went back and forth between liking them and worrying that I went too big, with my BF assuring me that they’re OK and will ‘settle down’. Mid-late week, I started to feel some weird ridges along the outside edges of my breasts. Alarming! After some lengthy reading and asking around, apparently it is common to feel the implants if they are wider than your BWD, if you are skinny and have thin skin - ugh. I was not prepared for this. You can’t see the ripples if I am standing normally, but if I lean forward, they become visible on the sides. :( This is the worst part of the process, and it’s taking a while to get over this reminder that I have foreign objects under my skin. Day 4 was better. Days 5, 6 and 7 were great - finally felt like myself again and started getting used to having boobs. Felt good enough to take some shots for fun and was eager to see what they’d look like in clothes!

WEEK 2: The following Monday was my second PO appt, was actually 10 days later. Dr. Kim removed the crusty tape, said they looked great for 10 days, told me how they’d drop more, showed me some alternate ways to squeeze and massage them, told me to start taking vitamin E, mentioned that I could resume light workouts, etc. I had my new M size Marena surgical bra, which he approved of but told me to be sure my cleavage was pushed together “like a butt” - lol. He said that in a week, I could start wearing an under-wire bra during the day, with the surgical bra at night. Two weeks in and I started loving them - already looking natural and progressing really well. Mid week, my nipples started to get irritatingly hyper-sensitive, painful to the touch. Fabric rubbing against them was the worst! I thought I had gotten lucky and was going to skip this stage, but no - it waited until week 2 and my nipples are aggressively puffy. Speaking of, I was seriously bummed to find that my nipple piercings of 9 years have closed up. :(

WEEK 3: More of the same. Progress seems to have slowed, and the dropping/relaxing is gradual. Other BA girls I’ve been sharing with are awed by how amazing they look already, so I think I’ve just been getting impatient based on my fast progress. ;p Just want them to be perfect already! Have read about some scary experiences of capsular contracture with Dr. Kim girls who have also had silicone through the nipple, so I started massaging and taking vitamin E religiously. My boobs are already pretty soft and squishy, but they don’t have the ‘give’ that I want them to, yet. I go back and forth over the size - some days I worry they’re too big for my frame and that I ruined my lean lines. Other days I stare at the mirror, obsessing over how amazing they look on me, and am glad I chose the size I did. Either way, they are super easy to hide in clothes. I did so for the first time during a Father’s Day family get-together and a brunch the following weekend. ;) I look exactly like I did wearing my padded bras. The generic scar gel that I’d been using on my incisions wasn’t cutting it, so I did some research and ordered ScarAway silicone strips and Bio Oil from Amazon. So far, the incisions seem to be smoother and less of an angry red.

MONTH 1: Speaking of padding, I trashed all my old bras and sold the VS Bombshell on eBay to someone else who needed it. Had my first awkward bra shopping experience at a store down the street, when I discovered they carried NOTHING that wasn’t a pushup - wth?! Had a hell of a time finding something that fit at Target, too - finally found a pair of 34D t-shirt bras that seem to work, but their selection otherwise of cute bras in my new size 32DD/34D+ is severely lacking. Finally waking up in the morning and NOT feeling sore and achy around the sides of my boobs. Lower pole is still pretty numb where the nerves were severed. My D&F progress has gotten weird. They were fairly even for the first few weeks, but now my right side seems much fuller with significantly more lower pole and a much lower crease (by almost an inch). They now seem like two mismatched boobs - why would progress be awesome for 3+ weeks, then suddenly be so wonky? :/ At my 1mos. PO appt. this Monday, Dr. Kim eyeballed them and moved my shoulders around, like it might be a posture issue - which it wasn’t. He then suggested I lay on my left side to allow the left breast to hang more. He also suggested wearing a bra with the right strap cinched tighter than the left. Weird - they had BETTER even out. After my PO appt, I went to Nordstrom RACK and discovered that they have a HUGE selection of cute bras in a large spectrum of sizes, wow! Will be shopping there from now on. I found a Betsey Johnson mesh bra that was marked down to $6 from $40 - and it rang up at a penny. My lucky day. ;)

Did everything even out? :) I have my appt set with him in Dec and would love to get a better idea of how the results look a couple of months out.
Great size choice
Congrats! You look amazing :)
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Overall, I give Dr. Kim a strong five stars - I wanted beautiful, natural looking results and he delivered! Actually, my boobs may now be too 'perfect' to look natural, definitely one of my best assets. I can't say Dr. Kim is the friendliest or most attentive, but that's not why I selected him. While I felt a little rushed at times (like right before surgery), he must have listened or known what would work best for me, because I got EXACTLY what I wanted. Once you're in a room with him, he's actually very personable and informative and his interest and professionalism is very evident. Office wait times are not always great, but still better than a lot of other places I've been to. Since my first consultation last August, he's gotten a lot busier (and raised his prices!), so I am glad I received a quote when I did! Best boob artist in LA!!