Botched Surgery - Beverly Hills, CA

He scarred me terribly and wanted to charge me...

He scarred me terribly and wanted to charge me extra for fixing his mistake. I woke up before they even finished stitching me up and it wasn't even Dr Stanton sewing me up. They must have rushed it at the end. My wounds opened up and had to heal that way. Have not been able to afford getting them fixed.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Hi, i was just curious as why you didn't get a free consult from an attorney? He disfigured your arms and there is no excuse or justification. for this. Now you're left with no $ to fix his botched surgery and he could care less. Did he ever apologize,say this is rare and never happens let me fix it for you free of charge? I would have seeked counsel and advise from an attorney after it happened. I know that it's too late now because you have 1 year to file a charge against him. I would have not taken this lightly. It infuriates me that he did this and caused you pain and suffering yet he didn't receive any type of repercussions. How unfortunate. Prayers to you and your family. I hope when you find that doctor he can stand by his word and can do revisions, Bella
I never did because a friend got me the consultation and surgery at a reduced price and I didn't want to jeopardize her business. Sounds stupid I know. I wish I would have sued. He offered to fix it but for a price. Not for free.
Hello, I understand. Well i hope you find a reliable trustworthy ps or md who knows his stuff and has done thousands of revisions. Keep me posted if you ever do a revision and how it all worked out. Thank You Bella
Thank you. God bless you.
Thank You. You'll be in my prayers Take care Bella
whats funny abou this post.. is that not one person is bashing .. yetwhen it is a foreign doctor like in Dominican republic it is "stay inthe USA" and 3rd word etc etc.. guess what..I was done on May 16th by a Dominican surgeon pain 3500 and got the works.. yet here i was botched and left looking like a square for so much money in nyc yet in DR I came back a doll.. still swollen but I see the difference my scar for my arm lift is thin and I always recomend ppl to expand their horizons.. I PRFER AND TRUST Latin Amrican surgeons any day over what is offered inthe USA here it is all about draining your wallet and nickel and diming you while these surgeons try to tell you to not go abroad..but do a tummy tuck an leave you with massive dog ears..and then charge an arm and a leg for revision of their mistakes.. i said eff that and went abroad and never looked back... I just find it funny that no one is bashin the country the ethnicity etc of the Dr. only because it is in beverly hills USA
I think there are good dr's and bad dr's in every country. And I have seen alot of wonderful reviews on great drs- but given that, there will always be someone who has a bad experience with them eventually. No dr is perfect. And you never know all of the circumstances that went along with that particular person's recovery. Post op is hugely important when it comes to healing and not everyone follows their drs orders....
good point. i had terrible outcome from bev hills surgeon! i am happy you like your results
I followed his orders to a T!!!!!!!! I didn't move or use my arms for anything. My mom bathed and fed me and I used the compression garments as indicated and took all the natural herbs and remedies to help with good wound healing. I did my part above and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!
First of all, nothing in funny about my experience. And the only reason it was done in Beverly Hills is because I had a friend that worked with him. It's becuase of my friendship with her that I did not sue him.
Okay firstly, I'm not saying YOU didn't follow orders. I'm simply stating the fact that sometimes a dr can do a great job at a procedure and the patient's follow up isn't done correctly on their end. Hence an unsatisfactory outcome. On the other hand some dr's just do botched work. It goes both ways. That's all I was saying.
Dr Stanton is a really great surgeon from my experience with him. Have you tried speaking with him recently? Where did your surgery take place? Like what state?
My surgery was over 10 yrs ago in Beverly Hills. When I wanted it repaired it was going to cost me more money that I did not have. He's a nice guy yes. But i shouldn't have been charged more money to have it fixed. He knew I didn't have money. Everything was arranged through a friend at a lower cost. Maybe that was the problem from the get go.
:( I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope you can get it fixed. That's very frustrating for you I'm sure :( best of luck to you!!!
Have u seen another doctor to review this? Could it be that it's the condition of the skin that caused this scar? With my experience, my skin always scars bad. Most doctors don't fix anything for free. U can apply some scar treatment with silcone. Hope this helps.
I have not seen another Dr. for this due to lack of funds, but I heal very well from suegeries, normally. I was either not sowed up properly or he pulled the skin too much. He should have repaired it for free. That's what others have told me. This waa over 10 yrs ago. I hope to get it repaired some day, God willing.
This happened 10 years ago? Ur scar hasn't improved after all these years? Sorry to hear about ur story.
i am so sorry. is this a brachialplasty? i always refuse any surgeons from performing ANY type of work on me. i write it in myself on the consents
Didn't think of that. But that is a good idea
i meant interns etc..anyone other then my surgeon. stitching is important
Yes that would be terrible waking up to having another doctor stitching u up. I'm sure this happens all the time. Thanks for sharing.
I can remember the nurse telling whoever was stitching me up, "she's waking up." She sounded surprised.
Yes, brachialplasty.
Good idea
I just don't understand how something that horrible can happen to someone. I'm so very sorry and I hope you are able to get a revision.