Better the Second Time

When I was 20 I just wanted to even out my...

When I was 20 I just wanted to even out my appearance. Being 5'8 and 145lbs I always hated being bigger in my hips than my chest. I went to a doc in the Baltimore area and got what I thought were saline breast implants above the muscle.

At the time, silicone implants were still getting a bad rap and I wanted to take no chances. I was only looking for a little cleavage & went from an A to a B. Less than a year after my surgery I was blessed with my first child. I gained a ton of weight and went from a B to a D. As I lost the baby pounds I moved back to a big B usually a C.

I had the doc re-check my implants since I had gained so much weight and he advised me that although I caused a little stretching of my scars, the implants were fine. Fast forward 15years. 3 more pregnancies breastfeeding all, I finally lost all the weight. I soon realized my implants were like softballs. Hidden behind the baby fat, I had developed a severe case of capsular contracture. Not knowing this was common side effect, I did some homework then found a local plastic surgeon. He took 1 look at me and said I had stage 4 capsular contracture.

My options were to remove or remove & replace but under the muscle. I decided to go bigger since I had never had cleavage and decided to go with silicone since its known to be more natural. I obtained a copy of my old records, 150cc saline implants over the muscle? Could that be right?

I was looking at 650cc silicone implants and they were only wider not really higher than my current softballs. I figured why not and went ahead with the replacement last week. The scary thing is both my old implants had ruptured and were actually silicone...discovered during surgery. (yes the med records were wrong, obviously I was lied to)

This time the recovery was simple and unbelievably less painful then I remembered from years ago. I woke up to cleavage that I only dreamed about. I was a C and probably am a full D now. I am 1 week post op with beautifully natural feeling breasts.

My husband who has NEVER been a fan of implants especially since mine were so hard, is amazed and very happy with the results. I couldnt ask for anything better than I have and wish I had had them redone a while ago.

I'm just looking into getting implants now. 35 year old mom of five. AA cup after nursing my kids.
My surgeon is located in Bellevue, Washington. The silicone are the way to go. Just realize that all implants do not last forever. At some point, they have to be replaced. Similar to tires on a car.
You sound like you are really satisfied. I am considering implants and trying to decide between silicone and saline, and also trying to find a good surgeon in Maryland (or DC/VA). Can you email the name of your surgeon to me? Thanks!
So I had my breast augmentation done June 27 and my right breast is higher than my left, it's flat on on side (armpit), and it's not nearly as full it actually looks pretty weird. I'm very self conscience when I wear tight shirts because you can definetly tell the difference between the two. My surgeon says to give it atleast 3 mos. and if it doesn't get any better we'll discuss my options. He says just keep massaging and leave the left breast alone. Am I silly to be so worried? Will it get better on its own? I've always dreamed of having big boobs but never realized what you acually go thru to get them. I thought I'd go into surgery and when I woke up I'd have big beautiful breasts :) HA HA (450cc unders)
Actually, the insurance plan should have been provided. . . you just need to do the paperwork.
I was never told about an insurance plan and the doc that performed the original surgery lost his medical license only 3 years after- I just found all this out. Since it has been 17 years, I havent had much luck finding much info. I dont know where I would even find the serial numbers from my originals. I never received a card with numbers like I did this time. If there is a way to find out please let me know. Thanks.
Unfortunately, I believe the insurance option is a fairly new concept. I think it was offered as part of the "Silicone study" to appease the FDA. I do not think it was around 17 years ago (and it would have been something you would have purchased).
I am happy to hear that you had everything taken care of and are now pleased with your results. It could have been much worse. Did you purchase their insurance plan? It may be something to consider. Good luck!
I had a bilateral mastectomy 15 yrs ago, then replacement salien implants 10 yrs ago. They are encapsulated and I am having surgery next week and have silicone implants. I can't believe how hard and uncomfortable they are. How was your surgery and recovery time? When were you able to exercise? I ma deciding to go a little smaller then what I look like currently but I have been told that since they are encapsulated they are projecting more. Do you have any ripples or dimpling with the silicone implants?
I was amazed. I had surgery at 8am Wed & used the pain killers they gave me sleeping on & off the rest of the day & night. Thurs morn I woke up & started taking extra strength tylenol because I had paperwork to complete. I finished it & took more pain med to get good sleep. I wss a little uncomfortable when I moved in the bed, especially getting in & out but NOTHING like the 1st surgery. By Friday I only took the pain killers at night and have used Extra Strength Tylenol only ever since. I went back to work Monday. By wed needed nothing. I feel great! I went bigger and couldnt be happier. Because my implants were severly encapsulated I picked a bigger silicone implant that was high profile but did not project higher than my encapsulated implants when I put the demo on my stomach to test the projection. They are definitley wider so I finally have the cleavage I wanted. He had to make a under muscle pocket because I was over the muscle and because the silicone implants are heavy, my doc has asked me not to exercise yet other than walking. I have a friend w/natural DD. I am truly a D if not close to a DD and they look FABULOUS! I healed so well and barely had a bruise on just the one side. No dimples, no wrinkles. Unbelievable results. I definitely recommend under muscle & silicone. They are more natural looking & because of their weight sit more naturally on the chest. I had VERY little breast tissue & with the encapsulation, they had to take it out too. I think you are going to be so much happier w/silicone.
Oh your comments are so encouraging. I think that anything will be better then what I have. They have become so hard and my chest is very tight feeling. It feels as though I am wearing a tube top that is 5 times to small. My doctor is recommending a Mentor high profile implant. Keep me in your thoughts as I go under "the knife" on Tuesday.