One week after second procedure

I have been reading reviews for months and this...

I have been reading reviews for months and this site has actually helped me choose my doctor. I am having smart lipo done on my flanks, the small of my back and stomach. The first procedure will be next Friday, December 21st and the second one on December 26th. I am nervous about the recovery because I live alone and also hope that it is worth while and I see good results....i hope it doesn't turn out to be a waste of money!!

I have been thinking about lipo for years...and thought I would get it for my 40th birthday but that is still over a year away and I feel like why wait? I exercise 3-4 times and week and watch my eating but im still a thick girl. I've always had hips and a butt -- but after I turned 30 I got a stomach too that will not go away.

Hi Gemini,

Welcome and thanks for choosing to share your experience with us. Good luck with your procedure next Friday, I hope everything goes well for you!

Please do come back and let us know how you're doing and update us on your progress!

It's 5 days until I have my flanks done and I am...

It's 5 days until I have my flanks done and I am nervous; excited; anxious all rolled into one. I am wondering how the recovery will be. I think I am more nervous about having my stomach to done the day after Christmas. I think that will be more painful. But I am trying to stay focused on the positive. I have soup, crackers, apple juice and other light foods to eat after the surgery. One of my friends told me to get the huggies bed pads for the fluid that will leak. I need to pick those up this week. Just posted before pics.
Hey there Gemini...Best of Luck on ur procedure...the biggest point I can give you is PATIENCE...they dont u about that....I am 12 wks post and still waiting on more results....its quite the journey...I was down and out for the first 4 days...pain meds are a must and stay ahead of them...I didnt drain alot...just in first 24 hrs....I am THRILED I did it and lost alot of my belly...I have some wrinkles and stretch marks but I knew that was coming and it doesnt bother me...I wasnt looking for washboard abs....just wanted to get rid of the donut around my waist....their first 6 wks or so were discouraging for me...so have patience, rest and do what u gotta do...compression is also a huge factor in healing...I still wear mine with a waist cincher for even more compression....keep us posted and know we are all hear...this sight has been a LIFESAVER for me and I have made some AWESOME friends.....take care hun :)
Thanks muffinless..I am a very impatient person so I know that part will be hard. I know they say 6 months to see full results...but I see that some have excellent results sooner. I need to adjust my expectations.
Good luck...you wont regret it!!! On my fifth day and can see huge difference...see my pics!! I live alone and didnt have any difficulties with garment or showers etc... couldnt drive until today though....make sure you lie down and stand up as much as possible at the start without sitting down and creasing your stomach because your stomach is healing and setting itself and you dont want lumps and creases....stay as flat as possible for as long as possible. Even when im just at home i always lie down and kneel when eating dinner so stomach is flat...i only sit while driving. The longer u keep the garment on the better. Also drink lots of green tea to flush the excess badness out for the 1st week. It seems a pain but it will be worth it in the long run for the sake of a few weeks :-) ull do great!x

I had my flanks and back done on Friday. I got...

I had my flanks and back done on Friday. I got there they gave me some Valium and painkillers, took pictures and the doctor marked me up. We then went into the procedure room, I can't remember the assistant's name that was in the room with me but he was so sweet.

I laid on my stomach and Dr K started to numb me. Let me say that during my consult I asked what the pain would be like on a scale of one to 1-10. He said the pain would be tolerable a 4. The needle going in to numb me was painful but I didn't cry out or anything. Then I felt the numbing solution that didn't hurt it just felt like someone filling me up like a water ballon. The doctor said you're doing very good. That was the hardest part. Then he melted the fat, I couldn't feel that at all. I just saw his arm moving back and forth in my peripheral vision. Lastly was the suctioning and in my back I couldn't feel a thing but on my sides....it hurt soooooo bad. I don't know if my sides weren't numb enough or what. Towards the end i did cry a little because it just seemed like the pain would not stop. He filled two bags with fat from my sides and back so that was a good thing. He did ask peridoically are you ok? Or how are you? My answer varied but he would just say a little longer. We're almost done.

When he finished I was sooo freakin happy! I could have done a back flip. But I lay there thinking...damn I gotta do this again in a few days. The assistant cleaned me up and helped me into the compression garmet. On the way home all I wanted to do was throw up and lay down. Luckily I put a goodnites bed pad in my friends carseat because when I got out the car there was a puddle of red fluid.

Those bed pads have been a lifesaver I slept them them on my bed the last two nights and the fluid has not soaked through and gotten on my sheets. The first night was awful I couldn't get comfortable and whenever I got up to move around I was naeous. Late Friday I was finally able to throw up and felt better. Yesterday and today are better I'm still sore and it's hard to get comfortable but I just feel like discomfort is my new normal.

Today I took a shower and washed my compression garmet and put it back on. I also washed a load of clothes, but I started to feel a little light headed and short of breath so after I put the clothes in the dryer I had to lie down for about 10 min.
I'm really anxious for Wednesday. I have 6 Valium left and I feel like I'll need them all!
I'll post pics later this week
I had my second procedure done on dec 26, this time my abdomen. And I told him that the first procedure hurt really bad so could he try not to hurt me. LOL. The assistant washed me off and then they numbed me. This time the assistant I don't know her name but she did the lasering. I had to ask" you've done this before right?" She said she had. There were a few painful spots but it was tolerable. Dr. K came in after than and said we're going to give you a lot of breaks today since u said it hurt last time. And my boo Tu from the last procedure poked his head in and said hi love I'll be in shortly. The suctioning of my lower abs I didn't feel at all. It was only right under my breasts and along the sides that hurt. after dr filled the tube a quarter he gave me a five min break and numbed me again where I felt the pain. Towards the end he had me to stand to make sure I was even. It did really hurt but somehow this procedure was more tolerable. When I got home I went straight to bed and getting out of the bed has been awful. Also because he kept numbing me and that fluid makes me nauseous; I couldn't eat for two days. I was finally able to throw up last night and get the numbing fluid out of my system. I'm feeling a little better everyday but still can't bend over and my belly is very swollen. I tried on. A few shirts this morning and can already see a huge difference in how they fit. I'll post some after pics from the first procedure
How are u feeling? How did ur 2nd procedure go? I hope ur healing well....
Hi Mufflinless, Thnx for asking. It's had its rough spots the recovery has been challenging but everyday is a little better. It's your core so I feel it with every move. Today is going to be my first day really leaving the house. I posted pic from my first procedure

Today marks one week after having my abdomen done....

Today marks one week after having my abdomen done. This recovery has been rough-- much harder than the flanks recovery. Getting up and down, bending over, sitting on the toilet-- it's all still a challenge. I'm only comfortable sitting with my legs elevated or lying down. My stomach is hard and swollen.

Today was my first day back and work and all I could think about was coming home and lying down. I think I'm a pretty tough chick...but this procedure has maybe proved me wrong.

My question is how long will I be so swollen? How long will my stomach and flanks be hard? Did anyone get lympathic massages? Do they help with swelling? Are they painful? I can't imagine anyone pressing my my stomach with it being so tender. My one week follow up is this Friday and I plan to see what my surgeon says about the massages. Any advice that anyone can give regarding the swelling will be much appreciated.
The soreness and tenderness last for about 2 weeks..like before every day gets better. The swellness lasts for awhile...after the third week you starr feeling hard lumps that are very tender to touch. I massaged those while i laid in bed. I never got any lymphatic massages. I did it myself. I still am swollen and im 8 weeks on. I posted pics today and you can see how swollen i was and how its slowly going down. Relax dont do to much and soon you will enjoy the results!
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

I chose this Doctor based on reviews on this site. Also I went to another doctor for a consultation and he was not a confident on the type of resuls that I wouldl have Dr. Khalifeh told me that I would go from having a box shape to a curvy shape. I know that he specilizes in this type of surgery and does them in his office. This other doctor did not do them in his office but had to rent time/space at a location hospital.