61 Year Old Say Bye to Turkey Neck and Jowls - Bethesda, MD

I chose Dr. Jabs based on experience, honors, and...

I chose Dr. Jabs based on experience, honors, and reviews. I originally made an appointment to talk about the Quick Lift that he advertises. During my consultation, Dr. Jabs assessed my needs and felt that an additional neck lift with lipo would address my concerns. This would mean an little more downtime than the quick lift but based on my age and needs it was appropriate. Dr. Jabs answered my questions patiently and directly. He is relaxed and friendly and I felt comfortable in his care. He showed me examples of lifts that he has done and we set a date. His office was completely professional with follow-up calls and the pre-surgery details. I am VERY happy with the results. My neck and face are rejuvenated without looking overdone. The results are natural, but noticeable. I would highly recommend Dr. Jabs.
Surgery is never fun, and the first few days require patience and the willingness to take pain medication and follow doctors orders. It was never terrible either. I am one week and one day post surgery and feel great. My stitches are gradually resolving and the bruising is almost gone. I was given both ointment and pills to reduce bruising and swelling. I was also given a very expensive skin care product as a gift. Thanks Dr. Jabs, you rock!

Very happy with results so far.

@Linda 52, that is correct, and I am so happy that my doctor was honest and knew what I needed.
Here are my before and after photos. The after photo was taken 10 days post surgery and you can see why I am so happy.

One more note:

One side of my face is still a little more swollen than the other but is resolving everyday. Don't hope for perfection immediately after surgery or you will be disappointed. This is a process. I also want to point out that Dr. Jabs made incisions that will be hidden when healed. He started with a horizontal (about one inch) in hairline at top of ear and took it right into the ear where you can't really see it, then down around lobe and back into hairline. I do still have a 1 inch scar under my chin but it is healing as well. My only complaint is that the Bacitracin ointment does not come out of hair with shampoo! I'm using dish soap to get it out (without touching stitches of course).

61 year old with lower face and neck lift with lipo.

This is sixteen days post op and feeling great. I still have stitches behind my ears but things are resolving well and I love my new neck and jawline. It's amazing!

61 years

This is 16 days post op and I'm feeling great. Amazing results and I'm anxious to wear my hair up to show off my new neck .

61 year old with no more turkey neck and jowls

4 weeks post surgery and looking and feeling great!

Happy Happy

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

See details above. Dr. Jabs is an experienced professional with a nice personality and a professional office. I would recommend him to my family and friends.

No one would know you are 61, but you didn't look it before. You do look like a much improved version of yourself.
Linda, Thank you. I just looked at your photos and you must be over the moon! You look fantastic, like a different person. Isn't it wonderful to see your old neck. I felt like a little kid at Christmas when I took off the wrap the first day and saw my old neck back. It was scary though. I definitely felt intense anxiety the first day and day after, mostly because everything was so tight I thought something was wrong. I'm happy now and wonder about my eyes, but I think I will leave well enough alone and not test fate once more.
I was thinking about my eyes too, but as I think my eyes (even though hooded) are my best feature - with make up applied, I too think I'd be better to leave well alone.
I'd agree that if a feature is not something that actively distresses you, leave it alone. You look lovely!!
You look great. ...enjoy the new look. I have been using biocornium scar gel with my chin scar and it works great.
Thanks, I will try it.
You are welcome. I got the gunk out of my hair with neutrogena makeup remover cloths and an old tooth brush.
No wonder you can't wait to wear your hair up. Amazing result with your neck joybann. It will be a little hard to hide the fact you have had work done with your youthful neck, wear it with pride I say.
Thank you for posting your photos. Fabulous results!
Beautiful results! I'm 6 1/2 weeks post op and still waiting for my cheeks to soften. I'm happy with my results but wish my healing was progressing faster.
Beautiful neck and jawline, thank you for sharing.
I commented up above then just reading and - yes --- you should be feeling like you are wearing a helmet on your head ---if I thought about this feeling for two long it would have drove me crazy. It is going to stay tight for at least another 2 months - then still tight in neck area -- but feeling of helmet gets better and better - like being trapped inside -- just a weird feeling. As i wrote at the top --- you paid for tightness :) it does get better but just need patience
Thank you for those encouraging words. I am so happy! My ears still hurt though.
He did a fantastic job -- chin takes a while -- goes from hard to eventually softening --- will probably tell you how to do massage on chin area --- you are using the ointment I used Bacitracin which is the best. I am about in month four now -- and can't be happier. I was happy at 10 day post-op too but swelling takes a while and even the swelling under the chin since it all pools downhill. It's a 6 to 9 month healing process --- you look great for 10 days but just wait - you'll love it even more when time keeps passing.
Awesome neck work!! Gosh thanks so much for posting your pictures...I have your old neck which I hate! I can do Bethesada, I used to live on the Easton. You look AWESOME!! :)
Read Westys review- you will be in for a lot of laughs and also she tells you how to get the bacitracin out of your hair. I THINK it is Almay (but might be Neutrogena) eye make up remover! You look GREAT! Kathy
Wow, you look terrific! Thanks so much for sharing! And your advice is excellent... for all my natural impatience I am (gradually) learning that you are so right, we can't hope for perfection immediately and have to go with the flow for a while. But already you just look wonderful -- absolutely yourself and very natural!!
Thanks! Originally I was going to keep this to myself, but I think it is important to share information and experiences with other women who are thinking hard about this. I had this doctor's name saved on my computer for 1 and 1/2 years before I went to see him. I was very scared of the possible problems and dragged my feet. I don't have any regrets at this point. While I'm at it, a little more insight: even though it is stated many times that facelifts don't hurt, they do. Not unbearable, but when you have dozens of stitches in your head it's bound to hurt. I took my pain meds and by the third day I only needed Tylenol. Also, I wasn't prepared for how very tight everything felt in the jaw and neck area. I was scared that this would not resolve, but it is slowly loosening up and I have no worries at this point. Good luck!
You look great...a transformation, but still very natural. This is exactly what I want my results to be...I wish I lived in MD :) and could see your Dr.
I originally wanted a minilift, but was told in the nicest po way that I was too saggy for this and ended up with a full facelift including liposuction to the neck. 8 days post and I am seeing a big difference to my neck, but still awaiting swelling to recede on face. The point I am trying to make is we all hope for the least invasive surgery, but mini lifts do not "fit all".
I'm glad you're feeling so well after your facelift! We'd love to see your before and after photos. :)
Angie, is there a way to update my pictures without filling out the entire review form agIn?
Sounds like you found a great plastic surgeon.