I'm Hooked!

I'm only 27 but I have one very annoying line...

I'm only 27 but I have one very annoying line between my eyebrows. I went through an abusive marriage and whenever I saw that wrinkle I thought of all the times I frowned or was sad and I couldn't stand the fact that even though some of the worst years in my life were over, they had left a mark on my face right between my brows.

I was super nervous about getting Botox after all the horror stories I had heard. I scheduled an appointment and canceled it because my nerves were so bad. I found a different office that had an actual doctor administering the Botox, not just a nurse, which made me feel better. The receptionist assured me that they had never had any problems with sagging eye lids, infection etc. So I got the guts and went in.

I told the doctor I wanted as little as possible, so I had 15 units done. She advised me that the results with 15 units would not be as good as with 25 units, and that I could come back after a few days if I felt like I needed more. She injected the Botox and I kind of had a panic attach afterwards. I got nauseous and dizzy. I dont believe this had anything to do with the Botox, it was just me being a baby and freaking out that I was going to have some sort of awful reaction and die (seriously, I'm that much of a worry wart). The dr let me lay down and gave me an ice pack. After a few minutes I was back to normal. They were super nice and understanding.

The day after my Botox I was a little more tired than usual and my stomach was upset. I cant say for sure if this was a direct side effect of the Botox or just my body being annoying like usual. It has been 5 days since my Botox and I feel amazing. I look at my forehead and it looks so smooth and beautiful!!! In addition to the wrinkle, I also had a bit of a dent in my forehead between my brows and I swear that has lessened as well. I finally feel 27 and youthful again, as opposed to the worn out, tired looking person I was feeling like. Because I only had 15 units, I can still kind of move my facial muscles between my brows which I kind of like. I like to be able to have some expression. I am totally hooked and I cant say enough about what Botox has done for my confidence!!

I am so happy you were pleased with the results of your botox. I have had 3 injectons over the last year and a half and I love it. I also had the "11" lines in between my eyes since I was in Jr. High School! I just focus and think and BOOM...there it is! I didn't start getting botox until I was nearly 40 so unfortunately the marks in the skin are there but the botox at least fills in the deep wrinkles. I also felt sick to my stomach the first time but I am sure it was nerves (for me) because I was terrified of needles and what the outcome would look like, etc. The doctor who did the first injections actually didn't do a great job at all (I didn't know any better at the time) . She left me with what I call the "Spock Syndrome" where my eyebrows would go up and that was it....I looked like Spock :( She should have suggested 20 more units to inject to avoid that and I am not sure why she didn't. Anyway....thanks for sharing your story!

Thank you so much for sharing your story in such a real way. I am so happy to hear that you were able to go through with trying the botox & that you are liking the results!! Very happy for you! :)

Please keep us posted on other thoughts you have about it as you continue to get used to it.

Northwest Medi Spa

If you live in Central Oregon, go to Northwest Medi Spa in Bend!