Revision Rhinoplasty Changed my Life - Bellevue, WA

After an original rhinoplasty procedure ten years...

After an original rhinoplasty procedure ten years ago, my nose developed a hooked deformity, likely as a result of the surgeon removing too much material. I grew to hate my nose. Beyond the trouble breathing, I was constantly aware of my nose when talking with people, whether they were aware or not, and I found myself avoiding photographs, or angling my head to try and capture my nose in a way that would hide the deformity. When I finally decided it was time to change things, I asked close friends for plastic surgeon referrals. Dr. Sam Naficy was the top of everyone’s list. And now I know why. After a friendly consult, Dr. Naficy shared a clear vision for my revised rhinoplasty, using cartilage harvested from one of my ribs. When I saw the computer renderings of what he thought he could accomplish for my nose, I was so excited that I scheduled the surgery for as soon as they could get me in. I can’t imagine feeling safer with a surgical team--top notch facility, gentle nurses, reassuring anesthesiologist, and an amazing surgeon. Today is just over four months since my surgery and things are better than I would have believed. I breathe great. I feel great. I look great. I just came home from an event where many photographs were taken and my nose looks straight and symmetrical in each and every one. And it fits my face much better too. No more angling my head, no more vanity while talking with people. Plus, I’m told it should get even better since I still have slight swelling in my tip. If you need rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty, do it as soon as you can. It will change your life. And if I anyone asks my advice, I’ll tell them what my friends told me: Be sure to go and see Dr. Naficy.
I know exactly how you feel with the hook deformity. i am so happy you got it fixed. I am getting mine repaired in two weeks. Im dying for those two weeks to pass quickly!
I'm so glad you shared your experience here with us on RealSelf! I'd love to know more about your recovery. What were your first three days post op like? I had a revision as well (for similar reasons) and found my second recovery to be much easier than the first. :)
Hi Angie. This recovery was much easier than my first, even with the extra incision to harvest the rib. I was pretty wonked out on pain killers, but I didn't have any of the fever or bouts of panic that I seemed to have after the first surgery all those years ago. Because of the rib cartilage, my nose was stiffer for longer (still is stiffer than most noses), and I was a little worried at about the month one marker, but by month three the swelling had largely subsided and the nose now looks great.
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Naficy was great! He listened to my desires for my new nose and crafted a plan to fulfil them. Having nose surgery is a scary thing, but Dr. Naficy made me feel comfortable, and the results show that my trust was not misplaced.