Stay Away from Him,he Lacks of Skills. - Bellevue, WA

10 month ago,I had fat transfer to my temple and...

10 month ago,I had fat transfer to my temple and cheeks areas by Dr Philip Young to treat my acne scars and ended up with bad case of overfilled.There's a huge lump on my left temple and left cheek fuller than the right.I went back to him for liposuction to reduce some voulme but with no improvment

Here are my before and after Photos

Evidence

Evidence

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

I went to Dr Philip Young initially to fix my acne scars,then he provided his Scar Vitalizer Treatment which composes CO2 laser,dermasanding,fat transfer.I only had few shallow ice pick acne scars on my left cheek,tow shallow rolling scar on the right cheek,and few shallow rollling scar on the both temple areas,I thought fat transfer is only spot treat,but he injected my whole face instead of.I aske him how much he put into my face,he said 20cc,I ask why he don't do it like spot treat,he told me it should be like that.He never even mention me fat transfer will make me looking chubby,otherwise I wouldn't choose this procedure.Then 3 month ago I went back to his office for revision he perfromed liposuction to my cheeks and temples,trust me I don't get any improvment at all,he said he took 15cc fat out of my cheeks and I asked him why I don't get any reduction and he told me to wait at least 6mo to a year before assessing the final result.It's alredy been for 3 month after he did the revision and I took photo every day,I'm pretty sure I don't get any improvement at all,I think he's not a honest man and not skillful,he failed again and I still had to pay him for the revision.All I'm saying is not about the money,I'm still very angry whenever I look at myself in the mirror,I have to suffer from this every day and I don't know whether I'm going to get the desire result or not,but I 'll definitely keep trying revisions,but not Dr Young any more.This is the most horrible experience in my life. Stay away from him.

amimjgner,they block your acount again,I coudn't read your message,Email me please. *********@gmail.com
Hi, I had fat grafting done on my cheeks 10 years ago. The doctor overfilled my face also. I'm pretty sure he didn't really specialize in this procedure. For the last 10 years I've been walking around looking like a chipmunk. The fat was permanent. I spoke to a few doctors over the years, but they said there was nothing that could really be done without causing more problems. I just learned of a new procedure called ThermiRf. I had the procedure done on Friday and today is Monday and still very swollen. ThermiRf is minimally invasive. It melts the fat and tightens the skin at the same time but it takes a few weeks to see the improvement because your body slowly disposes of the fat. I will let you know if it works. I've waited 10 years hoping something new would come out that would help, and I sure hope this is it.
Thank you Sammiboe2 for letting us know about this procedure. Keep us posted on your progress. Really hope this goes well for you.
Thanks Sammi can't wait to hear from you. I hope this will work for you.
sammiboe2,Thank you very much for telling me this,I did some research about the procedure you had,the ThermiRF is actually laser liposution,it uses laserliposis to melt the fat away.I too had a consultation last Friday,I also been told by that suregon laser lipo would accomlish this issue better,have you heard Acclift?It's also laser lipo machine that melt the fat away and tigntenling the skin,it's supoosed to be very effective to dealing with fat.However,please let us know how's your result going,keep us updated,Good luck. :)
I'm not sure if they have ever used the thermirf to dissolve injected fat or not. I may be the first. Actually, there were a couple of doctors who advised against the facial lipo. Not sure if they are exactly the same. Today is my 4th day and so far most of the swelling has gone down. Except the areas on both cheeks where I had the fat injected, and also had quite a bit of scar tissue from the fat grafting that had to be broken up, are raised and the tissue underneath feels a little hard and tight. Not going down as quickly as the rest of the lower face (jowls). The doctor did warn me that it would take a week or maybe a little longer for all the swelling to go down. Like any other procedure you have to be patient. Everybody heals differently. I've always been a slow healer. I just don' want to have to go back to work on Monday looking like I have 2 golf balls in my mouth. LOL! I will keep you posted.
amimjgner,if you see this comment please private message me,I couldn't reach you,since you don't accept private message.
Ronnewan, i think you are still swollen, i had fat graft to my upper cheeks, i´m asian. and 1,5 cc left 1 cc right, this amount has changed a lot on my face, because my cheekbones are big and after fat grafting they looks overbig. I cann feel my swollen muscle. The Treatment was 6+ months ago
attila143,I think 1.5 and 1 cc is fine ,I have 20cc in total,I wish I have the same amount as you did.
Ronnewan, There are several negative reviews about Dr Young at realself. Not only for fat transfer, but other procedures as well. I'm glad to hear you are moving on to a different plastic surgeon. I had a bad experience myself with FT about 3 years ago. Same thing, overfilled (40cc's) in my entire face including around my eyes where it lumped & scarred. I had my surgery around my eyes by an eye specialist to get rid of the lumps and that area is somewhat improved. The fullness in my cheeks has slowly subsided on its own, not completely but better. But it has taken over 3 years for that to improve & it's been pretty devastating to live with it for this long. The first year was when I saw it subside the most & then very slowly after that. As a suggeston, I have heard of a few people recently that have had good success with "micro lipo-suction" to remove the unwanted fat. There is a woman here at realself named "Ashley2929" who is very happy with her result using that method with her PS in Newport Beach, CA. His name is Dr Lambros. You might want to google him, and set up an appointment with him for a consult. It would require you traveling to southern CA, but if you can manage that, it might be worth the trip.
Hi notsogood, would you please give me your eye surgeon name and phone number. My fat transfer has been over 3 year too. The big lumps on my upper eyelid is still there. Thanks emvicky21
notsogood thank you for recommended Dr Lambros.I'm not sure about if lipo again would reduce my cheek since I've already had one with on improvment.From what I read fat grat usually encase scar,it's very difficult to suction out,I'm considering to get facelift incision to directly cut it out and "reshaping" of the face to improve the overall appearance.Did you get any lipo yet?You should try lipo first though.
Sorry Emvicky21...I would be more than happy to do that except he has stopped taking patients for FT revisions. He got so overwhelmed with FT patients that he was spending too much time doing that and had no time left for his regular patients. In his words: "I'm really tired of fixing other doctor's messes. Its so hard having to explain to people that even with my best efforts, I can't really get them back to where they were before...I can improve the situation, but not reverse it". I know that sounds harsh, but I did appreciate his honesty...something that I didn't get from my original surgeon. He did help me & I don't regret making the effort, but he wasn't able to fix my eyes completely. I did know that going in, so I was fine with "improved". I know that a couple of people have tried to get him to change his mind, but were unsuccessful. Dr Hoenig has stopped doing revisions as well. You might consider consulting with Guy Massry, also an eye specialist in Beverly Hills, CA. I know he is still taking FT revision patients. Really sorry I can't be more helpful.
Thank you notsogood, I totally understand. I have a good Ophthalmic Plastic Surgeon in Beverly Hills his name is Dr. Michael J. Groth did a really good job for my eyes (almost 10 year ago). He is expensive and I have to travel and have to stay in the hotel for 7 days after surgery. So I was hoping to find a good local doctor like dr. Groth. And that the reason why I never have my lump remove yet. If someone live in Southern California I recommend dr. Groth
Ronniewan, no I haven't done liposuction myself, at least not yet. The fullness has gone down enough now where I feel I can probably live with it rather than going thru yet another procedure. I had to pick the problem area that bothered me the most, and that was my eyes. I live in Hawaii, so the cost of going to the mainland yet again for additional treatments is more than I can afford right now. I've spent close to $30,000 to date just getting my eyes fixed (that includes hotels, airfare, several consultations, the procedure & follow ups). It took almost a year to fully heal after the eye surgery & at this point, I think I'm just worn out from the whole experience. So I'm taking a break from doing anything else for awhile. So much time wasted on this already. I believe, however, that having micro lipo done successfully depends on the skill of the doctor who does it. It sounds like Dr. Lambros has been more successful with lipo than other doctors. I wouldn't give up on the lipo option based on your experience with Dr. Young. Given the number of complaints I've seen here on his work, I would guess he is not qualified for the task. I certainly wouldn't go back to my original doctor who messed me up by overfilling. I wouldn't trust him ever again after the disaster he left me with. Apparently, Dr Lambros has more experience with lipo and is simply just good at it. Perhaps you could send "ashley2929" a private message & ask her about her firsthand experience with Lambros. He may be able to help you without having to resort to the risk & expense of a surgical procedure. Just a suggestion. I truly understand what you are going thru & I know how upsetting and stressful this whole ordeal can be. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck & that this will all be resolved for you in the near future.
emvicky21. Haha...guess who my doctor was? Yep, same guy!!! Since you are already a former patient, I'm pretty sure he will take you. So you are in luck. But he definitely has stopped taking new patients, so he will ask you not to recommend him for revisions, just new surgeries.
Notsogood you live in Hawaii I thought you live in Seattle. My first fat transfer was done in Hawaii with dr. Bao Phan He did a great job. Honest doctor reasonable price only injected where I need it.
I can't believe he is your doctor too. He is the best. 10 year ago after I had a skin and fat removed from my upper eyelid and lower eyelid the resulted came out bad. I went to see many doctor in Hawaii and everyone said it impossible to fix. And I found dr. Groth and be able to fixed it for me.
Afte a bad eye surgery. I really don't want to do anything with my eye. I don't want to trust any doctor accept dr. Groth. That how I feel about dr. Groth I'm so so lucky that I found him.
emvicky21...I had my FT done in Beverly Hills by Fadi Chahin (see my review). Total disaster. Wish I would have known about Dr. Phan, but I'm not sure it would have worked out for me anyway. I think fat transfer in general is just too risky, and once it goes bad, its nearly impossible to fix. I would never try it again. I wish I had just stuck with the temp fillers. In the long run, I would have saved money & looked great.
emvicky21...so funny that we ended up talking about the same guy. He's a really good doc and I feel lucky I found him before he stopped doing revisions. I got turned away by other docs too that said they couldn't help me. Was so glad he was willing to try. I know you were trying to find someone closer, but you might be better off making the trip. Be sure to tell the receptionist you are a former patient, otherwise they won't let you make an appt for a revision.
Me too emvicky, me too. I wish he worked on the rest of the face, but he restricts his surgeries to eyes only. I don't know if that was always the case, but that is all he will do now.
It's true what you're saying about FT. Dr. Bao Phan did an amazing job the first time for me but it only last about 1 year. Then dr. Young in Seattle overfilled my face. It took 3 years before I can feel a little better about my face. I will not have FT anymore in my life. You are right, fixing is very difficult there is no guarantee. That's why I choose to wait and not try to fix.
Dr. Groth is always do eye only and brow lift. I need a brow lift and I hope I will safe enough money to go see dr. Groth or I will not do anything to it.
I will not do anything with that lump right now. I will safe money to go see dr. Groth for brow lift and upper lid skin removed. Then have him to remove the lump at that time.