Big Name Does Not Necessarily Means Scruples - Bellevue, WA

I have not written my review of Dr. Naficy before,...

I have not written my review of Dr. Naficy before, even though he injected me over one year ago because I was just so angry I knew I was not going to be fair. Now I can do this: I have been a regular user of dermal fillers and have had several plastic surgeries for the last four years. None of the fillers last more than a few weeks (Perlane) or two to three months (Radiesse), so I decided to try Artefill. I went to Dr. Naficy trusting the reviews in RealSelf. He injected "Artefill" in exactly ONE TO TWO MINUTES EACH SIDE on the tip of the fold of my nasolabial folds, telling me that the product would go down BY ITSELF. I protested but he left the room immediately. I paid him $2500 for the two syringes and never went back. The product, whatever it was, made a lump on boh sides of my face, that I frantically tried to smooth at the parking lot of his building. Within two, three days NOTHING was there anymore.

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

By RealSelf comments

Sorry to hear about your experience. :-/

Do you plan to try any other fillers, or are you deciding they just aren't for you at this point?

I went to Florida to another plastic surgeon. He did take the time needed to inject Artefill properly, so I returned six months later again to Florida to have the procedure done again. So far I spent over $5000 on Artefill. It did tried to build collagen a bit for a few months after my second injector, but no, my nasolabial folds look just like before. So I am going back to Radiesse and this time I will stick to dermatologists.
Is it the time devoted that makes it "stick?" I think it's not just the speed but the talent, when it comes to fillers. It's true that they claim that Radiesse et al last WAY longer than it truthfully does, so they need to stop lying about the supposed lasting time. So I am interested in long-term fillers too, although I have to wonder: is that just another false claim?