Plantar Warts and Acne - Bellevue, WA

I had horrible planter warts for five years. It...

I had horrible planter warts for five years. It started out as one, however they multiplied over the years. The warts hurt when I ran, and they also looked terrible – embarrassing during yoga class. I had been seeing another dermatologist every three weeks for over a year. She had been using the liquid nitrogen approach and my warts only continued to grow/multiply. I went to see Dr. L, and he suggested cantharidin (beetle juice). I was hesitant and thought I might live with the warts forever (my previous Doctor said beetle juice would not penetrate deep enough).

To my amazement, after a few treatments I was able to see an improvement. After five treatments I said goodbye to my warts. I figured if he did such a great job with my foot, maybe he could do something about the cystic acne I had been suffering with all through my 20’s. Dr. L suggested Accutane. I am almost finished with the Accutane treatment and am excited that I have not had a deep, painful cyst in over six months.

Hi Sammamish,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the review. Glad to hear every thing worked out. I didn't know you could use Accutane for planters warts. Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. L was understanding. He was very reassuring and made me, a typically paranoid person, feel relaxed. I recommend Dr. L to my friends and am so lucky I found him.